Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castlepalooza Music Festival 2013 - Aug 2nd - 4th

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sleepypinkmoose

PC_ThatsMe wrote: »
    Hiya, I'm new to this and thus don't know should this go here, but I've two tickets for Castlepalooza that I'm hoping to sell. The clash between that and Indiependence was too much for me so I've jumped ship and going to Cork.

Anyways I have two tickets going for Moat Camping, retails at €100 so selling at €75, or €40 each. Contact me if you're interested.

Thanks. :)

I can take them off your hands, meet you in Dublin City today?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭simonsays1

Hi,
    I'm selling a 3 day camping (castle) ticket for 40 bob (that price just sounds bizarre!)
    if anyone's interested let me know
    Based in Dublin city centre

The ticket belongs to a chum who cannot go.....

Catch somebody later...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

toutless.com

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

simonsays1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm selling a 3 day camping (castle) ticket for 40 bob (that price just sounds bizarre!)
    if anyone's interested let me know
    Based in Dublin city centre

The ticket belongs to a chum who cannot go.....

Catch somebody later...

Im interested. can meet ya tomorrow, city centre

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PC_ThatsMe

Hi there, thanks for the mail but unfortunately I have already sold them.

Best of luck finding ones, perhaps try toutless...there seemed to be a view on there when I last checked. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Griff77

Anyone know anything about the parking situation, cost and location, is it a long walk to the campsites? They have nothing up on their site bar saying "Information coming soon"! It's 24 hrs away lads. Also have the off license prices been released yet? Does anyone know if any of the stages are in tents? It looks like it might be pretty wet at times over the weekend and a bit of shelter wouldn't go astray. Can't wait for the weekend though. Heard great things about this little festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

Car park is free and at the beginning of the driveway to the castle - about a 15 minute walk to the campsite.
    Metro Herald stage is in a tent, Vodafone stage is outdoors, dj area is outdoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mkm75

So does anyone know what the security is like in relation to (hidden) alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Haven't been recently but it has been everything from pat on the bag to unpack everything in the past. You won't get an off license in but you might get a few small plastic bottles with spirits past them if you put a little effort into tactical packing.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

coconutpie wrote: »
    Car park is free and at the beginning of the driveway to the castle - about a 15 minute walk to the campsite.
    Metro Herald stage is in a tent, Vodafone stage is outdoors, dj area is outdoors.
    Last year the car park was DEFINITELY NOT FREE, it was 10 euro I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 drenbot1986

Have a spare ticket there for €35 if anyone wants it?its 3 days camping Not sure what campsite it is I got them using that metro code

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Drew462

Does anybody know if you can bring food & bottled water in ?
    Im assumin its no for the water because they will prob think its alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

I have a 3 day castle camping ticket for 50 if anyone wants it, its the hard copy one not a printed one. Based in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

3 day ticket with castle camping for €40. Dublin city centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I bought 2 tickets for myself and my friend. But I can't go.

The tickets were bought online and a link sent to my email address. Can 2 tickets be split? That is, can we print one here in Galway and send the link to a guy in Dublin for him to print the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

kraggy wrote: »
    I bought 2 tickets for myself and my friend. But I can't go.

The tickets were bought online and a link sent to my email address. Can 2 tickets be split? That is, can we print one here in Galway and send the link to a guy in Dublin for him to print the other?
    yeah, not sure about tickets.ie or elsewhere, but on ticketmaster, just send him the PDF and tell him to print the 2nd page, and you can just print the first page and use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So whats the reports on this, did anyone go and see Ceephax Acid Crew or Luke Vibert? What was the craic like.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Another great weekend at this festival. it never fails to be great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Had a good weekend

Pros:

Great atmosphere, clean campsite (outside moat), setting around the castle was beautiful, staff were friendly

Cons:

Food selection was poor, offy opening times were irregular and annoying, vast majority of music was of poor quality but I wasn't expecting much more in that department, special word to the goons having a singalong at 9am this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Had a good weekend

Pros:

Great atmosphere, clean campsite (outside moat), setting around the castle was beautiful, staff were friendly

Cons:

Food selection was poor, offy opening times were irregular and annoying, vast majority of music was of poor quality but I wasn't expecting much more in that department, special word to the goons having a singalong at 9am this morning

Goons are right. The last thing I needed to hear was a medley of poorly interpreted Damien Rice/Mic Christopher/The Frames songs. Still though, really good weekend despite the music being a bit of a letdown. Frank B and Le Galaxie stealing the show once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 rossy1044

useded wrote: »
    Goons are right. The last thing I needed to hear was a medley of poorly interpreted Damien Rice/Mic Christopher/The Frames songs. Still though, really good weekend despite the music being a bit of a letdown. Frank B and Le Galaxie stealing the show once again.

I was actually suprised by how good the music was. Really enjoyed Overhead The Albatross, Young Wonder, Meltybrains, ASIWYFA and Le Galaxie. 50 euro for 3 nights including camping was a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Oooh the craic was mighty!
    The atmosphere was just unreal!

Anyone know how to contact the blond, foreign masseuse guy going by the name J.J.? He gave me a massage and told me to do some stuff because apparently by back is f9cked, but I was too drunk to remember what exactly...
    Would love to get in touch with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was at Castlepalooza in 2008 which I thought was great but I had never seen so many wasps in my life, was it the same this time round was the place overflowing with wasps.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Yep lots of wasps but think they were only enjoying the kopperberg like we were :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

Had a good weekend

Pros:

Cons:

I agree that the atmosphere was decent but I didn't feel it was enough this year as the line up really was awful.
    They messed around with the booze too - getting rid of the cocktail venue and selling cocktails but not cans in the main bar leading to unnecessary queues.
    I'll be having a good look at the lineup next year before I buy a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Nice festival but I think there are a number of cons:
    1. castle camping was €79 and consisted of **** ground with pot holes, people squashed in all over the place and no routes through the tents, no organisation and rubbish noise,moat camping €50 in a massive, flat field with space for everyone and less noisey because it was slightly further away from the stages, 3 day no camping €65 - go figure!! Next year will definitely go for moat if i go back...it was also closer to the car park.
    2. WTF was with the security checks on the way in. I appreciate that there was a no alcohol policy but theres checking and theres violating peoples personal stuff. It was way over the top with all sorts of personal things being pulled out of bags and I saw one male security guard taking a can out of a girls top before she could protest. They also were taking perfume and aftershave....total nonsense.
    3. WTF was with the off licence running out of cans at 8pm saturday night. They fleeced people for alcohol on the way in on the grounds that it would be available inside......bars closed at 11pm and no offie available from 8pm saturday night....total joke. Restocked sunday but ended up with different things at different bars so you could find yourself queuing for 20mins and get to the top only to be told you had to goto the other bar for what you wanted.

Positives: Amazing venue, absolutely loved the hula hoop workshop and the fun things and workshops in the castle during the day. Car park was really well organised and no traffic. Not to far to walk in with gear to campsite. Music was great,flushing toilets and showers, food was fine.....overall not bad value but a number of things could do with fixing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

So whats the reports on this, did anyone go and see Ceephax Acid Crew or Luke Vibert? What was the craic like.

Missed Luke Vibert due to drinking, heard it was pretty poor though. Ceephax was a lot of fun, got to speak to him afterwards. Really nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 booklova

A friend of mine did some nice vid there:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 booklova

I'll try again, wrong link

• Advertisement
Advertisement