Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indications of new RADSL reseller

• 25-01-2004 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

While the overall article was a classic rehashed press release (unworthy of a reprint here) the Sunday Tribune indicated that Perlico will become a RADSL reseller after single billing finally happens ....due in March apparently.

9 months late. Congrats Comwreck.

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Interesting... I thought single billing wasn't going to happen anytime soon due to exhorbitant rates set out by Eircom?

Nice to see another option in the broadband & phone market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by rymus
    Interesting... I thought single billing wasn't going to happen anytime soon due to exhorbitant rates set out by Eircom?
    We aren't going to get "single billing". What we're supposed to have had since last July is "Wholesale Line Rental", which, as McRedmond is pleased to point out, is so fiendishly difficult to set up that nobody else in Europe has done it yet, and will (if oreillycom have their way) mean that you're delisted from Directory enquiries and the phone book, and god only knows what other inconveniences oreillycom can put in your way (no voicemail, no call waiting, not isdn, no adsl, for all anyone knows).

And oreillycom want to impose an "administrative charge" of €26 for setting up a line for WLR ( that's to pay for taking you out of Directory Enquiries, and then putting you back in, apparently).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

And oreillycom want to impose an "administrative charge" of €26 for setting up a line for WLR ( that's to pay for taking you out of Directory Enquiries, and then putting you back in, apparently).

Interesting I suppose this charge will still apply for transfering people who are X-Directory and have not taken on any extra features (Call Answering/Waiting)?

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

You can bet your bottom dollar...

You will in fact probably have to pay to change and then another fee to remove you again from the phone book...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Muck,

for the rest of us thickos here...

can i ask a few basics.....

1. do they have to get into the usual eircom hut, install some hardware and offer the product or are they reselling the eircom kit under a new logo?

2. are they aiming at the hotspots in dublin or us poor spud eaters in the country?

any ideas?

ps i seem to recall eircom saying late last year that BB would be agressively rolled out everywhere (did i imagine that). has anyone any news other then bad news on this. I realise it a bit of BB BS but anything positive??

tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Originally posted by Muck
    Perlico will become a RADSL reseller

This means that they will resell €ircon's product, in the same way that Netsource, IOL, and UTV do. Similarly, they will be dependent on €ircon to introduce BB services in any particular area before they can sell their resold service in that area.

Advertisement