Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Did your vote for Labour help Fianna Fail

Options
  • 26-02-2011 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭

By helping Labour get into a coalition with FG , keeps Labour off the opposition benches where they could have kept FF insignificant.
    Now FF can recover to be main oppositon party and trouce Lab/FG next time ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

By helping Labour get into a coalition with FG , keeps Labour off the opposition benches where they could have kept FF insignificant.
    Now FF can recover to be main oppositon party and trouce Lab/FG next time ?

Too late now I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Yes Labour in government will help FF when the next election comes
    Labour in opposition could have seen the demise of FF totally :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

coalition still has to be passed at their convention...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

ya looks like ff will be the main opposition. thats bad news for the country. i was hoping labour would stay in opposition to keep ff down. now i can see an ff/sf 800 years rabble rabble rabble coalition in time for 2016

De Dannan wrote: »

This is exactly why I hope Labour are in the opposition. It could still happen yet, FG could go into coalition with a few independence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Possible that Sinn Fein and the ULA could have enough between them to form a technical group that would be bigger than FF and could become the main opposition.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

This is exactly why I hope Labour are in the opposition. It could still happen yet, FG could go into coalition with a few independence.

Have FG ruled out coalition with FF, or minority government with the support of FF? They would certainly find them more compatible than Labour.

On a similar line as the OP, whichever parties are in government are taking on a poisoned chalice and will suffer badly in the next election anyways.

Have FG ruled out coalition with FF, or minority government with the support of FF? They would certainly find them more compatible than Labour.

FG won't go into coalition with FF simply because it'll damage their public perception and affect them in the next general election.

I see a lot of independents being compatible with FG, particularly the likes of Shane Ross who we can safely say is elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

De Dannan wrote: »

Agree 100%!

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭belacqua_

FG and Labour are unlikely bedfellows, but FG have never been in government without Labour there in support as junior partners.

A FG/FF coalition is a non-runner --the result is clear, the Irish electorate no longer want FF in government, but it's less clear who we want in government.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

If Sinn Fein and other lefties were the main oppostion along with FF I think that FF could start to recover their vote a lot quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Duda17

Who cares who is in opposition. Its whats in government that matters. Ireland needs labour in government and I don't think they could have done much in opposition.

Advertisement