Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost vista cd now problems

• 07-02-2012 9:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Basically ive lost my windows vista cd, we had a problem with the fan and it needed to be replaced i think the laptop repair shop rebooted again because of new hardware now im getting a message saying my laptop is not using a geniune vista, obviously i bought this with a genuine version so what do i do now ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Back to the repair shop !?
    By "replacing" a cooling fan is not triggering Vista reactivation process !!!
    Have they reinstalled OS,replaced the hard drive !?

If you have an option to activate Windows ,then follow the activation process,call Microsoft and when requested change the installation key and then try new activation !?

...or...

Purchase a Windows 7 upgrade,if the laptop 'keeps' the minimum requirements !?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement