Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Community - Season 4 [US] *Spoilers*

Comments

The main problem I found with this episode is that since they kept cutting back to real life, it felt kinda hard to be immersed in them as puppets.

Probably unintentional, but it now strikes me as humourous that Pierce had his Eartha Kitt revelation while taking a dump .. since Eartha Kitt is cockney rhyming slang for just that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I thought that looked really promising for about the first four minutes. The snarking back and forth across the table felt like old times. In fact, I can't remember the last time everyone just sat around the table - an episode based mostly in the study room wouldn't go astray.

Then the Dean arrived, made a stupid Pinnochio pun, and it was mostly downhill from there.

The puppets thing might have worked, but not with the songs on top.
    The cutting back to reality wasn't too bad - I found George Costanza's wig far more distracting.
    There were a couple of OK gags, but without the puppet gimmick, the story was a bit weak, as were the "secrets" - I'm sure we've seen most of the characters do worse things in the past that the others mightn't all know.

And again, it's internally inconsistent. If no one can remember anyone else's secret, and everyone's remembering their telling of their own secret, how do we get Pierce's, since he's not at the table?

I really didn't like the end credits "making of" clips. I mean I liked them, looks like they had fun doing it, great, but that segment's always been part of the show. Even if I'd loved the whole puppet thing, that bit would have ruined it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The end tag they showed at the end of last week's episode as a preview was meant to be this week's end tag. Last week's episode proper end tag is on hulu and on youtube too I imagine. One of the writers said on reddit that NBC wanted them changed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Absolutely loved this weeks episode myself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm two episodes behind :( time restraints aren't the reason and that genuinely makes me sad. Still, i have a soft for the show so im not ready to give up on it entirely

• Advertisement

Seren_ wrote: »
    The end tag they showed at the end of last week's episode as a preview was meant to be this week's end tag. Last week's episode proper end tag is on hulu and on youtube too I imagine. One of the writers said on reddit that NBC wanted them changed around.

That makes an awful lot more sense. Between what seemed to be a preview tag last week and making of this week I thought they'd lost the plot completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Seriously? Is someone going to tell me my disappointment with that episode was based on preconceptions about writers leaving?

An absolute chore to watch. The worst episode of the season by far and probably the worst of the series altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

The first hot air ballooning song, is very catchy, I've been humming it all day..

I had to turn it off there. Cringeworthy crap. Will eventually watch the rest of the episode, but that was bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Muck..

.. never thought it'd be a chore to get through an episode! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I had to turn it off there. Cringeworthy crap. Will eventually watch the rest of the episode, but that was bad.

I don't find many things cringy worthy really so it didn't bother me.
    The first time I watched the episode I thought the song was pretty bad as well, but it was still stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Maybe we should have a separate thread to hate on Community?
    Don't get me wrong, i am disappointed with this season also but it seems every post is the same people hating on it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

EyeSight wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, i am disappointed with this season also but it seems every post is the same people hating on it.

Maybe we could have another thread for people who aren't hating on it but aren't exactly loving it either?

Or you could ignore certain posts and not let them bother you. :)

People are allowed to have a different opinion. I still enjoy watching the show, but I definitely understand why people don't enjoy it anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion Mr. Jong Un :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Thanks for the suggestion Mr. Jung Un :rolleyes:

?

This weeks episode was hit and miss. Enjoyed bits of it, but not as much as I did last week.

miralize wrote: »
    ?

This weeks episode was hit and miss. Enjoyed bits of it, but not as much as I did last week.

As in this ain't North Korea, we're all entitled to our own opinion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

As in this ain't North Korea, we're all entitled to our own opinion here.

I dont think that was the purpose of his post...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

People are allowed to have a different opinion. I still enjoy watching the show, but I definitely understand why people don't enjoy it anymore.

i understand too. I am not saying you're not allowed to hate it. But this thread has just turned into the same people coming in every week saying they hate the show.

On topic however, Does anyone know when the episode Jim Rash(the dean) is coming? I really want that one to be a success

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Jesus Christ

Loved the puppets. Moar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Thought the puppets worked well, was very enjoyable episode imo

Funny how no chevy in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

That was probably the worst episode of Community I've ever seen. Absolutely awful I had to switch it off before it ended which is something I've rarely ever wanted to do with an episode of Community.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I'll just leave this here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Thought things really picked up the last few episodes until the most recent puppet one. Was really poor imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

miralize wrote: »
    ?

Loved the first season but found the second a bit of a miss. I'm on about the 6th episode now. Hope it gets better;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll just leave this here

I love her...she's hot even in Hulk version :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Best episode so far... even if xmas in April was jarring...

Just started watching.. they say, "these British". Is it me or have they entirely forgotten about Duncan? Despite only referencing him in the last episode.

I went into that one determined to enjoy it, and thought it was ok in general.
    Though again, why make the same joke about everyone else buying presents presents 3 times? We got it the first time, it's obvious anyway, and it's exactly like when the Germans kept booking the study room before them - over and over again.
    Had it's moments, I liked Abed taking his shoes off and looking at the smashed ornament.

But the horrifically poorly done reference in the closing tag to one of the best ever episodes just showed once again how far the whole thing has fallen.

Two things, Annie looked damn hot in the other timeline and the kitten Abed had was ridiculously cute.

• Advertisement

Jim Rash should become a permanent writer if the series gets renewed, easily the best episode of the season.
    The season started off slow, but I really think it has gotten a lot better these past few episodes, bar the puppet one.

Advertisement