Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Multi Zone Audio System

• 02-06-2015 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hello all,

Firstly I'm a complete beginner at audio, I do work in IT so all hope is not lost, but please forgive any apparent lack of knowledge!! We are currently at the planning stages of house construction. I have spent some time in North America and was very impressed with some of the multi zone amps and controllers I've seen out there where I can have various media being broadcast to each and every room, TV integration etc. etc.

From my point of view I was hoping to have the following:
    • 4 zoned areas in the house. Great Room\Kitchen (8mx9m), Sitting Room(3.5m x 5.3m), Outside area(5.3m x 3m) and Master Bedroom 3.5m x 4m).
    • Electricians pull all the necessary CAT5 or CAT6, speaker cables etc to all the zones to include one controller and 2 speakers.
    • Individual controllers in each location.
    • Central location for TV box, iPod input, maybe NAS drive or similiar for movies or music, amplifiers and controllers, basically a central "comms room" where all my hardware would live.
    • 5.1 Surround sound system in the sitting room.
    I've been browsing the site and reading through various posts and most, while containing some great information, seem to be more related to just surround sound, but I was wondering if anyone had undertaken a project like this and could provide some pointers. Stuff like suppliers for equipment, actual equipment that would be recommended for same, any tips or tricks you might have picked up druing the process, could US equipment be used, or is it amp(power) specific. Unfortunately I am a newbie when it comes to understanding some of the components of home audio\TV, but I'd like to be able to realise if this is too much for me to under take or maybe understand better what is involved, and yes I do have some VERY basic qustions that i need to be answered too!!! Yes it's a BROAD question and difficult to answer!!! Thanks for any help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

Hi Sean,
    richersounds.ie here on this forum at http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105 will help you best with good advice & equipment, but it is all relative to what size of a budget you have allowed to acheive what you want in a; Multi Input / Multi Zone / Multi Control point Audio System.
    I have tried this previously with a basic 4 zone stereo audio system.
    I wish you well & the chaps over at Richer Sounds are top notch

Advertisement