Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Two types of Shower in one unit?

• 11-05-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi Folks,

Am doing up the bathroom where there is an electric shower. I'm finding it uneconomical in the winter when the immersion has already heated water and is not being used aside from a little through the sink taps. At the moment I am deciding whether to get rid of the electric shower all together (however it is great in the summer time when the heating/immersion is not on) or to keep it and install a regular shower beside.

Is this a ridiculas idea or has anyone heard of it being done before or have any advice on how to do it that it would look and work out ok?...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

Hi Folks,

Am doing up the bathroom where there is an electric shower. I'm finding it uneconomical in the winter when the immersion has already heated water and is not being used aside from a little through the sink taps. At the moment I am deciding whether to get rid of the electric shower all together (however it is great in the summer time when the heating/immersion is not on) or to keep it and install a regular shower beside.

Is this a ridiculas idea or has anyone heard of it being done before or have any advice on how to do it that it would look and work out ok?...

Not a ridiculous idea at all! Wat size is shower cubicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bikefreakvinnie

Thanks for the reply - at the moment it is a shower cubicle - but we are going to replace it with a bath which has a curve where the shower is for more space...

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭cruiser202006

Thanks for the reply - at the moment it is a shower cubicle - but we are going to replace it with a bath which has a curve where the shower is for more space...

Well depending on width of new bath both could be fitted at head of the bath and use the one shower bar for both showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bikefreakvinnie

Thanks for that - I think your right there..

Suppose the other thing to consider is the internal pipes for the immersions shower and how to integrate them alongside the Electric shower...

At present the electric shower is fitted where the head of the bath is planned on being.. Do you think to do it properly I should fit the internal pipes for the immersion shower into this same wall rather than have them in the wall which is at a right angle to this wall that the electric shower is on?.. (hope that explained alright..)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Thanks for that - I think your right there..

Suppose the other thing to consider is the internal pipes for the immersions shower and how to integrate them alongside the Electric shower...

At present the electric shower is fitted where the head of the bath is planned on being.. Do you think to do it properly I should fit the internal pipes for the immersion shower into this same wall rather than have them in the wall which is at a right angle to this wall that the electric shower is on?.. (hope that explained alright..)

You should have both systems. Realistically you'll need to fit a power shower. This takes hot water from the hot press & pumps it out.
    Without the pump yyou'll have to run around the shower to get wet as it'll only have a quarter bar of pressure. You won't be happy without the pump.
    You can also stop the heating system from heating up the hot press by turning off a valve if you feel this hot water is not getting used.
    Power shower will cost around €550.00 supplied & fitted

• Advertisement
Advertisement