Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy Birthday Cherry_Cola

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

GTR63 wrote: »
    Messi FIFA player of the year

Suprised....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He's just keeping it warm for Van Persie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

That FIFA XI is terrible though no Pirlo is a travesty i`d of had him in the Top 3 on the podium nevermind not naming him in the team.

5 from Real Madrid, 5 from Barcelona, 1 from Athletico Madrid:

Casillas;
    Dani Alves, Pique, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo;
    Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta;
    Messi, Falcao, Cristiano Ronaldo

Nice to see diversity :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Marcelo at left-back spot was the only one that really bugged me there. I figured Alba would get it on account of Spain's Euro success and his good season thus far with Barca.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Happy birthday Cherry_Cola! :)

On a different note, oh the joys of a corrupted hard drive :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The Marcelo at left-back spot was the only one that really bugged me there. I figured Alba would get it on account of Spain's Euro success and his good season thus far with Barca.

Ashley Cole really deserved the LB spot in the TOTY IMO. Kompany also more deserving than fecking pique...

Pirlo should really be in there instead of Alonso too.

But its an incredibly biased team, like always.

I`d of gone with Chiellini or Lahm. Dani Alves and Pique were rubbish this year too but over any time ever there seems to be so few consistent defenders out there. Haven`t seen anything of him since he left Milan but when he Thiago Silva got injured at Milan it was a hammerblow.
    Please nobody say Kompany or that he`s been woeful so far this season along with his team mates. Disappointed Cavani and Zlatan didn`t get more votes too :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Please nobody say Kompany or that he`s been woeful so far this season along with his team mates.

Nah he hasnt.

Hes consistently citys best defender, and half the time, hes the only one out there defending and trying for the team. Its going to be hard when you have clichy, lescott and bloody zabby beside you.

And Zlatan deserves as many votes as he got.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Lets face it, the only players from england that really had a chance of getting in the TOTY is RVP, Kompany and Bale possibly.

Only ramos in the backline should be there. Alonso shouldn't really be there IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I`d of gone with Chiellini or Lahm. Dani Alves and Pique were rubbish this year too but over any time ever there seems to be so few consistent defenders out there. Haven`t seen anything of him since he left Milan but when he Thiago Silva got injured at Milan it was a hammerblow.
    Please nobody say Kompany or that he`s been woeful so far this season along with his team mates. Disappointed Cavani and Zlatan didn`t get more votes too :confused:
    tXcFs.jpg

Its 12 months not 5 he played no better in them months than Silva, Barzagli, Chiellini(Juve royally got screwed in this having nobody in the XI despite being only beaten twice all year), Hummels or even Godin at Athletico.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Happy Birthday Cherry_Cola!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Messi didn't even make Jimmy Magee's top 3. Therefore I cannot seriously consider him to even be in the discussion for the best player in the world.

Messi didn't even make Jimmy Magee's top 3. Therefore I cannot seriously consider him to even be in the discussion for the best player in the world.

Did Joe Cole make Steven Gerrard's I ponder aloud, he can do anything Messi can afterall. Walk, Talk, erm eh get paid to play....thats it I think.
    If he had choice in the matter Mourinho would have Adan in goals instead of Casillas.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

http://t.co/SxER7ZUi This is the list of who voted for who, I hope, on my phone so not sure if the link will work. Cant sleep thinking about teaching practice tomorrow.

Seen this earlier so funny!

244926hp2.jpg

Might aswell throw this one up it`ll save me doing it the weekend.

166496hp2.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

oh the joys of a corrupted hard drive :(
    I feel your pain, brudda. I lost 2TB of media the other day. Rough bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I feel your pain, brudda. I lost 2TB of media the other day. Rough bananas.

Ouch, how did that happen?

Did you try using a different power supply? I once thought I had a lost 1TB hard drive but it turns out it was just the power supply had broken, likely the fuse had blown or something.

Nowadays the only thing I back-up several times are precious photos. Most TV stuff will be floating around the internet for years (even found really obscure shows that I liked such as Off Center and Renegade) so easy to find again if I ever lost it all.

Hopefully you didn't lose too many WCW Nitro's from the 90's?!

• Advertisement

Like yourself the power supply had broken, got a new case, but keep getting CRC errors - the physical disc was damaged/broken etc. Not the absolute worst as beforehand I got photos etc off it so what I lost was all of my wrestling - over a TB, also Dexter and a couple of other shows. Not worse case scenario, my OSW review and *ahem* is safe on another HDD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Had an interview for a course today. CompTIA network+, didn't get it. :(
    Was told i'd be recommended for a compTIA A+, Network+ and server 2008 that's running later in the year.
    Not such a bad outcome, i suppose.

Ever know it's going to be one of those days.

Got into a big fight with Dad this morning. While some people may know some of the problems I've been having with him in recent times, I've never actually confronted him like I did today. But it gets to the stage there's only so much abuse and nonsense you can hear spouted. :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got into a big fight with Dad this morning. While some people may know some of the problems I've been having with him in recent times, I've never actually confronted him like I did today. But it gets to the stage there's only so much abuse and nonsense you can hear spouted. :/
    I know the feeling. I haven't talked to my dad in a couple of years cause I'm sick of his bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

jaykhunter wrote: »
    what I lost was all of my wrestling - over a TB
    oh the joys of a corrupted hard drive

I have around 1TB of wrestling, if/when you buy a new external hard drive, you're welcome to drop it around my gaff and I'll do a mammoth copy and paste job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Thats not necessarily a bad thing dude. Keep the chin up. There's nothing at all wrong with standing up for yourself and drawing a line in the sand. Maye he'll think twice before he opens his mouth next time.

Hey getting things off your chest is always a good thing. Now you don't have to carry that sh*t around with you. It's for your benefit, not his. Definitely healthier and happier in the long run. Either it'll improve the relationship going forward, or if he's not up to fixing his ways, **** him, you laid out why, now it's his cross to bear. Good for you mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Anyone listening to FM104?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Anywhere do PC monitors for a reasonable price? Argos, PC World, Power City etc are all around €100-€120 for the cheapest. My old monitor is seemingly.... whats the word for it.... fcuked. Was thinking about getting two for an extended display but not at that bloody price!

• Advertisement

I don't know of anywhere that does them cheaper, not when you add P&P anyway. Check amazon? I'll keep an eye out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement