Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Offseason Cuts/Trades/Signings/Franchise Tags etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

nerd69 wrote: »
    eagles get demeco ryan from the texans and the texans 3rd rounder for the eagles 3rd and 4th rounders

Absolute steal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Not the same talent that done his achillies. It's still a good move though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

thats what i was thinking there must be a catch or the texans are mad

I can only assume he doesn't fit Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense which obviously wouldn't be a problem for the Eagles. Great player for a bargain price who fills a huge need. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭nerd69

i duno he didnt seem to be 2 slow last year and its ment to take a year to recover from an achillies also you could attribute hes off year to the change to a 3-4 d.
    either way he's an improvement over whats there now

thats what i was thinking there must be a catch or the texans are mad

I can only assume he doesn't fit Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense which obviously wouldn't be a problem for the Eagles. Great player for a bargain price who fills a huge need. Good stuff.

He's a true 4-3 and his production sucks at 3-4.

• Advertisement

i duno he didnt seem to be 2 slow last year and its ment to take a year to recover from an achillies also you could attribute hes off year to the change to a 3-4 d.
    either way he's an improvement over whats there now

Correct its an improvement. I can't remember him on a passing down last year. It's a good deal but nothing more.

EDIT: Sorry for double post but I'm on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,618 ✭✭✭nerd69

Correct its an improvement. I can't remember him on a passing down last year. It's a good deal but nothing more.

EDIT: Sorry for double post but I'm on my phone.

i think your just worried eli :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Alex Smith back with the 49ers on 3 year $24m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Mark Anderson of the Patriots doing a tour of teams
    Ravens yesterday, Bills today and there will be others

Had a good year with ten sacks and he'll be cashing in

Though he could still end up back with the Patriots I think if the offer is right

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Lions have re-signed Stephen Tulloch to a five year deal.
    Haven't heard anything on how much it is worth though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Lionbacker wrote: »
    Lions have re-signed Stephen Tulloch to a five year deal.
    Haven't heard anything on how much it is worth though.

Well worth it, big run stopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Alex Smith back with the 49ers on 3 year $24m.

How much guaranteed? Interesting he gets very similar numbers to Flynn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭neilster

He's a true 4-3 and his production sucks at 3-4.

They really needed a more standard "Mike" Backer so where does Kuechly get drafted now ? Chargers or fall all the way to Pittsburgh

Philly would probably pick a DT now , Michael Brockers if he fell out of the top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

neilster wrote: »
    They really needed a more standard "Mike" Backer so where does Kuechly get drafted now ? Chargers or fall all the way to Pittsburgh

Philly would probably pick a DT now , Michael Brockers if he fell out of the top 10

You'd still have to take Kuelchy. They were shocking at line-backer last year. Kuelchy looks to be a special talent. He has had the tape but people questioned his atletisism and he answered that at the combine. Take the best available and if Kuelchy is on the board you take him.

No way Kuelchy falls to Steelers (unless every Gm from 10 to 24 is an idiot!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How much guaranteed? Interesting he gets very similar numbers to Flynn.

No idea, don't think it's been released yet or any word on it unofficially. I must ask, what are your Jets playing at? Reading they are strongly interested in Tebow. After going after Manning and then having to offer Sanchez a new contract as an apology going after another free agent QB seems like an extremely dumb move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Broderick Bunkley to Saints: 5 yrs, $25m with $9m fully grntd.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,079 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No idea, don't think it's been released yet or any word on it unofficially. I must ask, what are your Jets playing at? Reading they are strongly interested in Tebow. After going after Manning and then having to offer Sanchez a new contract as an apology going after another free agent QB seems like an extremely dumb move.

we r dumb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Lawfirm is a Bengal
    Mark Anderson is a Bill

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Broderick Bunkley to Saints: 5 yrs, $25m with $9m fully grntd.

Damn. You sure about that one now Bunkley? Sad to see him go but 5 mil a year is too much to pay for no pass rushing presence whatsoever.

Bit of luck we get a year of Warren actually being fit this time though. Also, Sammie Lee Hill (DET) is a RFA - 4th round tender. If the Tebow to Jets deal doesn't fall through, that's where that 4th rounder should go IMO. Antonio Garay is on the market too, 3-4 player but he could make the transition, he's excellent.

Incarcerated Bob saying on Twitter that we're enquiring on Wallace, Manning's keen on the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Mark Anderson to the Bills. Im sure Pats fans are getting a bit nervous looking at that Bills DL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭deisedude

Lawfirm is a Bengal

I wonder does that signal the end for Benson at the Bengals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

spiralism wrote: »
    Damn. You sure about that one now Bunkley? Sad to see him go but 5 mil a year is too much to pay for no pass rushing presence whatsoever.

Bit of luck we get a year of Warren actually being fit this time though. Also, Sammie Lee Hill (DET) is a RFA - 4th round tender. If the Tebow to Jets deal doesn't fall through, that's where that 4th rounder should go IMO. Antonio Garay is on the market too, 3-4 player but he could make the transition, he's excellent.

Incarcerated Bob saying on Twitter that we're enquiring on Wallace, Manning's keen on the idea.

Don't even think about touching Sammie Lee Hill. Easily one of the most underrated tackles in the game. The guy just eats up blockers.

Fairly is my shout for breakout year and Suh has a bit to prove after last year. The depth Detroit had at DT is out of this world. And Corey Williams too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Interesting tweet from 49ers owner Jed York, apologising to Alex Smith:

"Thanks for choosing the #49ers Alex. Sorry it was a tough week..."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

William Gay, Tracy Porter, Andre Caldwell and Billy Volek are currently in Denver to visit the Broncos. We should definitely lock up Volek at any rate, set for backup QB then. Would love Porter but we should take a serious look in to see if any bountygate suspension is headed his way. Not sure about the other two at all, or Hanie who it would appear is our other option at backup QB.

EDIT: Apparently Hanie is also in Denver atm.

Morricone wrote: »
    Don't even think about touching Sammie Lee Hill. Easily one of the most underrated tackles in the game. The guy just eats up blockers.
    If Denver get that 4th rounder off of the Jets or Jags then it is a distinct possibility.

spiralism wrote: »
    William Gay, Tracy Porter, Andre Caldwell and Billy Volek are currently in Denver to visit the Broncos. We should definitely lock up Volek at any rate, set for backup QB then. Would love Porter but we should take a serious look in to see if any bountygate suspension is headed his way. Not sure about the other two at all, or Hanie who it would appear is our other option at backup QB.

EDIT: Apparently Hanie is also in Denver atm.
    Yes - back-up QB - CB - WR - just what the doc ordered.

Hopefully Saturday and Tamme are also heading Denver's way. The add Hill - get a decent RB and target the BPA all the way through the draft.

deisedude wrote: »
    I wonder does that signal the end for Benson at the Bengals

Yea Benson is done. They will draft a running back. They would love Richardson to fall to them but failing that they'll draft Lamar Miller or David Wilson in the 2nd round.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Geoff Schwartz’s agent confirms his client signed a one-year deal with the Vikings, who offered more money than the #49ers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

haven't really been keeping up with the off season so can anyone tell me how the packers are doing with signings/cuts??

• Advertisement

What an exciting off-season it has been. The Redskins trade, Manning, Bountygate, Tebowmania moving to NYC, its been great.

Advertisement