Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiz Team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

I'm really sorry Ailbhe - hope you're all doing ok.

And I'm sure I'll see you again as soon as Dublin starts feeling too small and I need a break. I give it about a month... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭83ste

We'd better start thinking of Gadaffi-related team names for Wednesday...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

So, Muammar Gadaffi has finally been killed.
    Let's just pray he doesn't come back as Gadaffi the White.

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

If you fancy a music-themed name we could have something like "and at number one with a bullet today, it's Muammar Gadaffi with Shot By Both Sides!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Hi folks, only noticed the London forum recently, been here (nw5) for nearly a year now, I'm up for a quiz one of the nights. Monday would be best but i can be flexible. Been on loads of quiz teams at school, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Hi Brianderunner, welcome to the London forum!

Definitely come along anytime you want, we usually go to The North London Tavern on Monday nights. A few of us are going to The Westbury tomorrow night too.

I'm heading to the Westbury but currently stuck on a jubilee train before kilburn.

Well, with just myself and serrity to hold the fort tonight, we achieved a very respectable 3rd in the dirty drawings comp, and also 3rd in the overall quiz :)

North London Tavern again tomorrow night?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I don't think we'll be back in time for it tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Where is the quiz? :)

Misticles wrote: »
    Where is the quiz? :)

The North London Tavern, a hop skip and a jump from Kilburn tube station

http://www.northlondontavern.co.uk/

It tends to start about 8 and lasts a couple of hours :)

I love a good quiz! Gotta fly to primark after work first. How would one get there from green park?

Forgot I have a doctors apt at at 7.20 in isle of dogs!

North London Tavern again tomorrow night?

I might give it a miss this week, as I've taken Monday off work so would be coming all the way from Beckenham, bit of a trek.

Fysh wrote: »
    I don't think we'll be back in time for it tomorrow :(
    I love a good quiz! Gotta fly to primark after work first. How would one get there from green park?

Forgot I have a doctors apt at at 7.20 in isle of dogs!
    serrity wrote: »
    I might give it a miss this week, as I've taken Monday off work so would be coming all the way from Beckenham, bit of a trek.

Ok, looks like this Monday is a no go. If anyone's interested in The Westbury on Wednesday, post here, otherwise it'll be next Monday again to defend the title :)

Myself and Jack B Badd are both on for Wednesday.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I am up for it next Monday, I don't know about tomorrow cos I've a lot of work to catch up on - I got stuck in Johannesburg airport for an extra 15 hours and didn't get in to London until after midnight yesterday :(

How are we looking for tonight then?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

serrity wrote: »
    How are we looking for tonight then?

Can't make it tonight, but Monday looks good

Looks like it's four of us tonight so.

• Advertisement

I might pass tonight and do Monday instead actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Monday is good for me too to make my boards quiz debut. :)

Is it 4 to a team? or can we have 6 or 7 on a team cause there seems to be a few of us.

Monday is good for me too to make my boards quiz debut. :)

Is it 4 to a team? or can we have 6 or 7 on a team cause there seems to be a few of us.

We've had 6 in our team before so it's no problem. See you Monday!

I'll be in attendance too :)

Was at a quiz last night - 18th out of 84 teams!

I'll be in attendance too :)

Was at a quiz last night - 18th out of 84 teams!

Feckin' hell, 84 teams?! Was this the Pub Quiz Olympics or something?

Fysh wrote: »
    Feckin' hell, 84 teams?! Was this the Pub Quiz Olympics or something?

it was the annual work one. its for employees and clients!
    Free drink and free food... may have affected my knowledge bank :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Quiz tomorrow anyone? It's been a few weeks, for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Fishie wrote: »
    Quiz tomorrow anyone? It's been a few weeks, for me anyway!

Count me & Fysh in

Me too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Ill be there too

Advertisement