Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone used the lenovo t400s - perhaps at work

• 26-08-2014 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I have one and it is one of the most disapointing laptops I've ever owned. I'd like to hear if anyone here has experience with this model.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I had a T430 and it's was chunky, heavy and slow. Even with 8gb of RAM it was a pig.

I recently had it replaced with a Carbon X1 with an i7 and it's head and shoulders over it in every way. Apart from the stupid function key. Actually the keyboard in general is a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

stimpson wrote: »
    I had a T430 and it's was chunky, heavy and slow. Even with 8gb of RAM it was a pig.

I recently had it replaced with a Carbon X1 with an i7 and it's head and shoulders over it in every way. Apart from the stupid function key. Actually the keyboard in general is a disaster.

Yeah the keyboard looks different to the normal thinkpad one alright -more like the home user laptop line??

I get thinkpads because I like the keyboard so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

euser1984 wrote: »
    Yeah the keyboard looks different to the normal thinkpad one alright -more like the home user laptop line??

I get thinkpads because I like the keyboard so much...

the keys themselves are fine, but the function keys are now "active" keys so the function changes based on usage. Which is fine, but they aren't actual keys, so there is no feedback. And because the function changes, you can't always depend on function keys being active, so you probably change the brightness instead of hitting F7.

Then they have split the backspace key to squeeze in a delete key, so instead of backspace I invariably hit delete.

Whoever designed it should be shot.

Advertisement