Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,284 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sanwa me hole, Seimitsu or nothing :p

/ edit - I take that back. Just felt wrong saying it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sanwa me hole

Sounds like a video title on Redtube!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Are you not disgusted by the consoles hooked up to LCDs? :p Just kidding. Be nice if there was something remotely like that over here alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Do any of you guys have a Hyper Neo Geo 64 setup going on? If so, would you happen to know if Beast Busters 2 plays near as awesome as it looks?

I have a Hyper 64. I don't have that game so cant comment on it.

I think I'd need a different version on the hyper 64 to play it anyway as I have the fighter version and you can only play fighters on that :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nearly bought an SD card drive for the C64 there!
    A C64 that I don't actually own yet!
    Have to careful if I want to pay off the credit card before I'm 60!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Steve SI wrote: »
    I have a Hyper 64. I don't have that game so cant comment on it.

I think I'd need a different version on the hyper 64 to play it anyway as I have the fighter version and you can only play fighters on that :(

Do you have Buriki One? How does it play?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nearly bought an SD card drive for the C64 there!
    A C64 that I don't actually own yet!
    Have to careful if I want to pay off the credit card before I'm 60!

How much was it going for?

And fcuk the card the banks will understand:D

Its around the 50 mark, not sure if you have to buy a daughter board or if it comes with one, so as to connect it up.
    It only supports disk images too, D64, not tape ones, T64, so I don't know if that hampers one with the games you'd want to play.
    SD2IEC

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would there not be an easy way to convert tap images to disk? I know the amstrad had a device that could copy the memory once a game had loaded to disc or tape. Might be a problem for multiloads though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Would there not be an easy way to convert tap images to disk? I know the amstrad had a device that could copy the memory once a game had loaded to disc or tape. Might be a problem for multiloads though.

Yep you can convert T64 files quite easily

I have converted a few for the speccy for tommorows beerfest

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

does anyone know if the most recent sbox 360 model plays original xbox games?:confused:

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    does anyone know if the most recent sbox 360 model plays original xbox games?:confused:
    Its ok, It can:cool:

It does, badly. The compatibility list that MS have is utter lies and very few original xbox games will actually play without a hitch on the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Don't rely on it, lot of issues with different games.

amacachi wrote: »
    Don't rely on it, lot of issues with different games.
    I just want fable and gta san andreas but they are a bit pricey to download directly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just picck up an original xbox, they're cheap enough. You could also get GTA for the PS2.

Or PC which would be the better bet due to all the great mods for the games. Any old PC will run them these days.

Just picck up an original xbox, they're cheap enough. You could also get GTA for the PS2.

Or... I could just get gta on xbox arcade:cool:
    Does anyone know of any epics on xbla?

I find the games on XBLA are way too expensive considering you could get the console with the game for the same price.

• Advertisement

I find the games on XBLA are way too expensive considering you could get the console with the game for the same price.
    Well I've never seen a xbox with Gta for 11 euro:rolleyes:
    Are you on xboxlive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

An original Xbox goes for what, 20-30 quid?

The emulation on the 360 is quite poor and seems to vary from console to console.

Well I've never seen a xbox with Gta for 11 euro:rolleyes:

Car boot sale. An xbox is not worth a lot of money.

Car boot sale. An xbox is not worth a lot of money.
    :p Il have a look round then

:p Il have a look round then

If you find one, softmod it and you'll have a media centre and emulation machine as well. Much better value than a virtual XBLA download.

If you find one, softmod it and you'll have a media centre and emulation machine as well. Much better value than a virtual XBLA download.
    Is it difficult to softmod one?

Not really but getting a lend or finding the right equipment and games that let you do it is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Do you have Buriki One? How does it play?

I do have it and must say I'm not a fan of it.
    Only played it for a few mins but it just didn't click.

Not really but getting a lend or finding the right equipment and games that let you do it is the problem.
    Seems like alot of bother, i already softmodded my wii for emulation

• Advertisement

I have an Xbox around here somewhere, may softmod it to give it super powers, or rather get Kerbdog to mod it to give it the power of streaming.
    I already have one doing very well in the living room, and there is a large emu library there-in as well.
    There be other things too but, never mind, Mwa hahaha!

Must stick it on Adverts some time.

But yes, buy an Xbox and get a ton of games with it for bugger all at the Sunday markets, they are cropping up now with alarming regularity, I am going to refrain from buying any more as they are not as popular as the 16bit systems with the retro fans.

I got 2 machines, sans controllers, with about 12 games, including the GTA twin pack, for 11 euro, got the two machines home and they work a treat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement