Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I've gone right off Michelle, she's such a nag. She was a nag before he met Becky, a nag the minute Ryan went out with Tracy and she's still a feckin' nag. Let her go off with quare face Rob, they suit each other. Steve made me laugh out loud about 5 times during those two episodes just by making faces. A gas character. Kym Marsh is ok at acting flirty and looks all glam and stuff but I don't think she's that great at acting emotional.

Anyone remember her from Popstars when your man Nigel Lithgoe told her she'd put on weight? 'I know that Christmas may be gone but I see the goose is still fat?' Kym Marsh ":D 'what???! Do you think I'm FAT???!!!!!" snigger snigger!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

And they always had egg and beans and chips for tea

efb wrote: »
    And they always had egg and beans and chips for tea
    I thought you were talking about the Popstars contestants for a minute.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Whatever happened to Michelle's birth child?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,954 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Wtf? That sounds so stupid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Of course I missed it last night, I cant keep up with the schedule at all:(.

Anyway,That storyline is stupid, what are they up to?

What are the chances that Gloria is telling porky pies about her "cancer" just to be with Lewis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

jimmyw wrote: »
    Of course I missed it last night, I cant keep up with the schedule at all:(.
    ?
    I think it is now on on Wednesday's instead of Thursdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Kevin got that phone call very quick after the accident considering no one knew who Sophie was, as Ryan had left her on the road, also I missed some of it so why did they not ring Sally? and I can't believe Michelle is blaming Tracy for all this :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

casio4 wrote: »
    Kevin got that phone call very quick after the accident considering no one knew who Sophie was, as Ryan had left her on the road, also I missed some of it so why did they not ring Sally? and I can't believe Michelle is blaming Tracy for all this :rolleyes:

That struck me too, I thought that maybe the police were going to ask him to do the breakdown recovery as well!

Two for the price of one like!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

mb1725 wrote: »
    That struck me too, I thought that maybe the police were going to ask him to do the breakdown recovery as well!

Two for the price of one like!! :rolleyes:
    I never thought of that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

She was at her sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

jimmyw wrote: »
    She was at her sisters.

Yeah but that doesn't explain why they didn't ring her first. They didn't know she was at her sister's.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

and I can't believe Michelle is blaming Tracy for all this :rolleyes:

I liked how Michelle barged into the Barlows and attacked Tracy then half an hour later when Kevin hit Ryan she was outraged. And the bit that made her most upset when she found out what happened wasn't that her son had gotten shítfaced to the point where Sophie had to save his life. It wasn't that by saving his life she might never walk again. Nor that Ryan then ran off and left her. It was that Sophie was talking to the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

kevin still looks rough and under pressure after all that scandal he was surrounded by earlier this yr....

also the punch he gave ryan landed on his shoulder / sofa from what i seen. not his eye. and there was a funny /ironic line about kevin and grey hair in one of his monologues while sophie was in her medically induced coma?... and his beard is grey but his hair looked recently dyed.... and it was touch and go for a minute whether sally was going to be awol from this dramatic story line ....i thought it was just one of those soap boo boos where someone who should be integral to the story line is missing and its not explained....

and on another note, looked like maria really did something to her hand but they quickly improvised and put it in the script about the tardis flat and the babys toys all over the place with 5 people living there.... and kirks absence from the flat cause hes spending all his time at mad marys theme nights....

roys return was a bit ott i though he gave mary a mouth full of abuse which i thought was out of character. and used a variety of big words that was also unlike him. he didnt stutter once... he was only away for a few wks but the writers seem to have forgotten what sort of personality he had before he went?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

How many times will they cripple Sophie?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

efb wrote: »
    How many times will they cripple Sophie?

until they get it right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

iguana wrote: »
    And the bit that made her most upset when she found out what happened wasn't that her son had gotten shítfaced to the point where Sophie had to save his life. It wasn't that by saving his life she might never walk again. Nor that Ryan then ran off and left her. It was that Sophie was talking to the police.

Yeah I thought that too. Oh right, now you're worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Coronation Street is expanding - with the set of the soap increasing in size.

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/corrie-set-expands-082003701.html

Lets see all the newly decorated houses with no explanation as to how/who/when it was done ;)

• Advertisement

No wonder Ryan's a little bollix! Michelle the stupid bat lets him away with murder....she blames Tracy for him acting the eejit in the middle of the road and causing that accident. Ryan was warned again and again about Tracy, he deserved everything that happened. The little tit then goes and tries to blame Michelle and Steve!

Normally Kevin gets on my nerves losing the plot like that but I would've said and done exactly the same thing. Michelle is constantly attacking Tracy in situations where a mouthful of curses would've sufficed so she has a hard neck defending her waste of space son from a good hard slap:mad:

How calm, cool and collected was Lewis walking arm in arm round the alleyways with Gloria? I'd be brickin' it in case someone saw me. It was 100% guaranteed that someone would see them. I notice that in soaps a lot...and no one ever hears footsteps clumping up the stairs or coming in the front door in the throes of their passions:confused:. I've found that it's amazing how quick you can dress yourself between the time the front door opens and the sittingroom door does::o ...but in soapland, folk are always caught rolling round the sofa..deaf stupid eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Ann22 wrote: »
    How calm, cool and collected was Lewis walking arm in arm round the alleyways with Gloria? I'd be brickin' it in case someone saw me. It was 100% guaranteed that someone would see them. I notice that in soaps a lot...and no one ever hears footsteps clumping up the stairs or coming in the front door in the throes of their passions:confused:. I've found that it's amazing how quick you can dress yourself between the time the front door opens and the sittingroom door does::o ...but in soapland, folk are always caught rolling round the sofa..deaf stupid eejits.

Trousers on, grab shirt, open window - shin down drainpipe....10 seconds max. Bloody plastic drainpipe - broke my leg. Actuallly, reality would be funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I love the whole typical Kevin Webster thing...

"WHy hello Kevin, Yes, come on in and assault the young lad whilst sitting on the couch...."

If Kevin Webster ever knocked on my door, I have to admit, I'd be meeting him with a baseball bat....

Is it socially acceptable for Kevin to go barging about hitting everybody when he is a bit thick??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Possibly she had Kevins number under ICE in her mobile, it stands for In Case of Emergency and Emergency services look for this number in the phones of accident victims. Essentially you put the number of the person you wish to be contacted first in your mobile under ICE. If this doesn't work they tend to look for Dad or Mum. Standard procedure really.
    iguana wrote: »
    I liked how Michelle barged into the Barlows and attacked Tracy then half an hour later when Kevin hit Ryan she was outraged. And the bit that made her most upset when she found out what happened wasn't that her son had gotten shítfaced to the point where Sophie had to save his life. It wasn't that by saving his life she might never walk again. Nor that Ryan then ran off and left her. It was that Sophie was talking to the police.

She was outraged when Kevin hit Ryan but then when Kevin let it be known how bad Sophie was and what had happened she didn't say anything which is to be expected. Blaming Tracey is daft, her son and his coke habit are at fault.

I got annoyed watching Mary have a different themed night every night. No way could she get the food, clothes and especially the decor set up in a couple of hours. Glad Roy told her to fup off, it's not the first time he's been angry on screen either. I think the actor playing him is a fine actor and only wish they could develop his role a bit, but I fear that he has been totally typecast at this stage in the show.

bijapos wrote: »

I got annoyed watching Mary have a different themed night every night. No way could she get the food, clothes and especially the decor set up in a couple of hours. Glad Roy told her to fup off, it's not the first time he's been angry on screen either. I think the actor playing him is a fine actor and only wish they could develop his role a bit, but I fear that he has been totally typecast at this stage in the show.

This annoys me too, no way could you be organised in time and have grub ready to run a busy cafe the next morn....even to find her costume ffs. Stupid:confused:...
    I was thinking Roy was right to be upset but Mary did give him and Hayley the tickets. Silly woman that she is, it was incredibly generous and maybe he should've eased off a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

what's Gloria up to:confused:

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    what's Gloria up to:confused:

:D Setting up Lewis!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Ry-un is some prick.

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha Michelle!! This might tip Ryan over the edge and send him back to his druggie mates.!!!!

Hes already been with them love.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement