Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

500 Euro laptop Help! (Gaming intentions)

• 22-08-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I'm looking to buy a laptop and below will be my key specs that I will need!

Budget - 450 euro or less if possible.
    Use - Light-medium gaming and intentions to use blender for animation. I will be playing steam games / not extreme games more like rust ,dayz arma 3/2 and possibly minecraft!
    Processor- And or Intel I don't mind
    Speeds- 2.1 GHz at least!
    Graphics - Intel 4000 or any and radeon graphics or nvidia if it is amazingly achieveable . I have a laptop with Intel family graphics = Intel 3000 and I can play rust fine and dayz is a bit laggy but nothing I can't use.
    Mobility - I was going to build a PC but mobility is needed as I'm a student.

Footnote - As I'm a student I know you can get discounts and stuff like that so if there are any promo codes that you know of and apply to my circumstances they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million and I'm looking forward to seeing some interesting answers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pretty good for €530.

Core i3u, 8gb ram, Nvidia GT740M. Good all rounder for the money.

Something like this is about €480 but it would be noticably weaker in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fantasyfreak

Nah the CPU speed is too low for my requirements thanks for the answer though!

Do you have an answer ,
    post now!

Fair enough.

You won't get a faster gaming machine for the money. It's not about speed at all - the i3 at 1.8Ghz would be faster than an AMD processor at a faster speed.

I had an Acer Timeline with a i3 1.8Ghz and GT640M, the older version of that card, and I was able to run Battlefield 4, Titanfall, Call of Duty Ghosts and a few others pretty well.

Just to let you know that the Thinkpad 545 you're looking at is a slower laptop for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dremo

No way you can get good bang for budget you have, you will have to suck up that medium to low performance if you planing load some fancy stuff.

Save up more money if there is a chance. I've learned it hard way

• Advertisement
Advertisement