Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone else sick of Winehouse?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Thrill Girl

Not too concerned about her dedication to religion myself, but I’ve gotta say, that song where she says, “They try to make me go to rehab and I said ‘no no no.’” :confused: Kinda funny/ironic, isn’t it? Really looks like she could use it! :rolleyes:

She’s a bit too scrawny too and I’m none too impressed with her singing ability either, but to each his own. :o

Rita

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Amy is fantastic

Have a look at Amy on form here

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1561733&vid=154656

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5LsdEqSQO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5fU6Afa-3c

Billy Holiday drank her self to death at 44.
    Amys had a rough time you can hear it in her voice. But what do you expect she's not sining about how boutilious she is or about a boy or what ever leona lewis or the sugarbabes are sining about. Simon Cowell is not her manager, she has no intrest in being a famous or being celebrity. She just wants to be herself and sing songs the songs she wants to sing, all about pain and hurt.

Leave Amy alone. When she's out there whoring herself advertising everything and anything ala Ronan O Gara or out there trying to court the media, and then complaing about it ala Posh spice.
    Then maybe you might have a point. She has here problems like everyone else. Leave her alone.
    You should all be ashamed of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

She's got a voice, Doherty hasn't.

The one and only thing they have common is that they are attention seekers of the lowest form and are hastening their demise into legacy before they get old. Also I dont buy those crap rags that are supporting their lives ending in the era of celebrity "live fast, die young"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I personally hate all celebrities and famous people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Hellm0 wrote: »
    I personally hate all celebrities and famous people
    I think you're in the wrong forum, dude ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

As regards Amy Winehouse, I really couldn't give a shiny sh*te - saturation media coverage, rightly or wrongly, has diminished any sheen she may have once had...

KIVES and smirkingmaurice, posts have been edited and/or deleted. Stay on-topic and don't post crap, mmkay?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

i've always hated this publicity whore!!!she's mroe known for being a spa than for her music!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

PUBLICTY WHORE, PUBLICITY WHORE. When has see gone out, and delibritly sought publicity I dont see's ever sold a inteview to any of the tabloids. I know she did one interview with a sunday paper after her famous collapse. But given the number of stories circulating at the time I can understand why.
    I didnt see her wedding photo's to hello, Ok , heat are any of those parasites magazines. Unlike that greedy little twit Chery Cole, I also havent seen Amy do any endorsements. She could make a abslute fortune from Bostick alone, with a bee hive like that

I donnt see how you could possible see he as a publicity whore. I never seen a picture of her at a premiere, screening, fashion show, or opening of a envelope. Ublike Like say posh spice {what does she actually do now anyway} , Girls Aloud or Katy French {she has even less resaon to be in the paper then posh spice} .So Go attack one of them

Leave Amy alone she is a extrodinarly talented young singer and song writer [ shes 23] who's wants nothing more to write and preform music and just happen to have like some personel demons like everyone else . You should all be ashmemd of yourself. Your nothing but vipers

starn wrote: »
    Leave Amy alone she is a extrodinarly talented young singer and song writer [ shes 23] who's wants nothing more to write and preform music and just happen to have like some personel demons like everyone else . You should all be ashmemd of yourself. Your nothing but vipers
    Bollocks, tbh. She doesn't 'have personal demons like everyone else'. The woman allegedly nearly died from injecting hard drugs and taking horse tranquillisers. I don't know about you but my personal demons are more along the lines of high stress levels or battling migraines rather than trying to not die from drugs that I've voluntarily taken.

Winehouse clearly doesn't just want to 'write and perform music', she wants to take serious drugs. You're trying to justify a young woman's hardcore drug habit by using the old 'tortured artist' excuse and i don't buy it for a second.

I agree with you about her not being a publicity whore; she seems to go out of her way to avoid the press. But seriously, open your eyes. You don't have to defend her to the hilt - try and be at least vaguely subjective about what you're saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

shes a sap

and her music is sooooooo overrated

She's the kind of musician only an American could love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

A drug addicted musician :eek:?
    Drugs and music go hand in hand. Why are people so shocked when someone goes off the rails?
    And the hatred some people have for her is unreal, just cos the tabs can't get enough of her. Stop readin those papers then. They've better use as bog roll.

I remember hearin that one of the tabloids had a poll for when they expected pete docherty to die. Its sick! It seems that people are just buyin into the hatred that the papers have for docherty and winehouse and hoping for them to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Her gig in the RDS has been cancelled for anyone who has a ticket! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SpartanKiller

yeah she made me miss css cause she didn't show at ******,why do people still like her,shes obviously a muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

EF wrote: »
    Her gig in the RDS has been cancelled for anyone who has a ticket! :(

She's cancelled all the gigs on her tour!! She was dead right to do it too imo, after al the bad press she got over the concerts she's done already I don't think anyone was interested in seeing her live!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

Her and Pete Doherty need to have a wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Anyone see the open letter her mum wrote to her?? it's been splashed all over Sky News all day.

The full thing is here http://perezhilton.com/?p=10152

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

The difference between Winehouse and Doherty is that at least Winehouse will have made a good album before she dies.

She's determined to destroy herself, which is rather sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I wish she'd just get it over with, as she's hogging the newspapers of space that could be used to report actual news, her songs are crap, her voice sounds like a bag of cats and she's hell bent on self destruction anyway. Harsh but true.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

never liked her, her music is nothing special

some American celebrity decided they liked one song and it suddenly became cool to like her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭NAGGIE03

Her parents seem to be jus as media hungry as she is! there nevr outta da paper! one week its da letter the next its about how she need to get away from her husband Blake or she ll die!! blah blah.....

i do think she is very talented! has a fab voice! But if she continues abusing paying fans and not being able to to sing a song without slurring her words shes gonna regret it big time! everyone has there fifteen minutes and i think fourteen and a half of hers are up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Ha ha Winehouse just got arrested :)

Jaysus, the saga continues...

Linky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Haha..good enough for her.Pity they didnt lock her up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 longrange

Seb-K wrote: »
    cant stand seeing this twat in the papers everyday, so what, you drink and take coke, so does nearly everyone else so fcuk off outta the papers you fcukin attention whore

I actually like Amy Whinehouse. I like her style of music. What I dont like about her is her hair, and god shes just too thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

longrange wrote: »
    I actually like Amy Whinehouse. I like her style of music. What I dont like about her is her hair, and god shes just too thin.

Seconded.

I don't think she's an attention whore. I think her parents are though!

Advertisement