Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v 4.0 (08/07/14 to date)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Nicely done, MrsD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is that Planet of the Apes film out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,055 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Coveney should stay where he is.
    Varadkar should stay where he is.
    Bruton should stay where he is.

The rest of them could be replaced with a plank of wood and no difference would be made to their portfolios.

The rest of them are planks of wood. and I would include Bruton in that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Shiny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Sweet Baby Jaysus, it would appear that our Taoiseach is trying to move heaven and earth tonight so the five Garth Brooks concerts can go ahead. I only wish that he felt as seriously about other issues affecting our country :(

At this rate Enda won't have his reshuffle done by Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Just had a quick look, and see BBB, in the seat, the Busted Boring Bookie. enough.

Just had a quick look, and see BBB, in the seat, the Busted Boring Bookie. enough.
    Ah, I like Ivan, he is one of the better presenters standing in for Vinny. I have to say I enjoy himself and Chris in the morning, the breakfast show beats the doom and gloom of Morning Ireland every time.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Ah, I like Ivan, he is one of the better presenters standing in for Vinny. I have to say I enjoy himself and Chris in the morning, the breakfast show beats the doom and gloom of Morning Ireland every time.
    I agree. he's witty, intelligent, pleasant, and doesn't
    send us to sleep like Sam Smyth does.

Pity about the panel though.

• Advertisement

Didn't lose any weight living in the lonely downtown flat he claimed he lived in while waiting for his bankruptcy. Hypocrisy at the highest. Then I suppose the corrupt state was built on that.

Didn't lose any weight living in the lonely downtown flat he claimed he lived in while waiting for his bankruptcy. Hypocrisy at the highest. Then I suppose the corrupt state was built on that.
    I don't get your point :confused: He was forced to leave his family, his job and his country. Also, what has the man's weight got to do with anything? For the record, Ivan has had serious back issues for the last twenty years so that can affect mobility and weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Good loser

I don't get your point :confused: He was forced to leave his family, his job and his country. Also, what has the man's weight got to do with anything? For the record, Ivan has had serious back issues for the last twenty years so that can affect mobility and weight.

It's refreshing to have a sane/sensible host and discussion without the irrational, tendentious rubbish the other guy used to indulge in.

Make him permanent.

Please Mrs D, you may have an infatuation with him, how many people in near bankruptcy and will lose their house and the kids future, while the likes of him can cost the country his busted loans and walk back into his job. Yes Mrs D the country pays for the loans the likes of him and his cohorts gambled on. We are paying for it. Look at McNamara, Sean Dunne,the collection of prícks in the golden circle they are still wealthy, the ordinary pleb is paying for these sc!! including your hero. End of rant.

Please Mrs D, you may have an infatuation with him, how many people in near bankruptcy and will lose their house and the kids future, while the likes of him can cost the country his busted loans and walk back into his job. Yes Mrs D the country pays for the loans the likes of him and his cohorts gambled on. We are paying for it. Look at McNamara, Sean Dunne,the collection of prícks in the golden circle they are still wealthy, the ordinary pleb is paying for these sc!! including your hero. End of rant.
    Did I miss the bit where Yates was a reckless gambler/property investor???

It was my understanding that he owned 52 betting shops and provided employment to 300 people before his business went belly up. His business failed, he isn't the first that it has happened to and he won't be the last. I'm not infatuated with the man but I'm don't see the point in hauling him over the coals because his business failed.

Did I miss the bit where Yates was a reckless gambler/property investor???

It was my understanding that he owned 52 betting shops and provided employment to 300 people before his business went belly up. His business failed, he isn't the first that it has happened to and he won't be the last. I'm not infatuated with the man but I'm don't see the point in hauling him over the coals because his business failed.

Who pays for his gambles on his loans. we do. Now he is back being a great man. Will the bank move on his mothers house that was part of the guarantee for his loans, why have they not move to date, We will wait and see. Watch this space. Johnny Cash had a song "oh the circle, won't be broken"

Who pays for his gambles on his loans. we do. Now he is back being a great man. Will the bank move on his mothers house that was part of the guarantee for his loans, why have they not move to date, We will wait and see. Watch this space. Johnny Cash had a song "oh the circle, won't be broken"
    But nobody said he's a great man. He's out there working like the rest of us. What does Sean Quinn or Sean Junior do to make a living? Fitzpatrick, Fingleton, Sean Dunne?
    I have no idea wwhat he used as loan security or the terms of any loans he had, just as we don't know what the terms of anyone's loans are. Rightly so.
    He started a business that went well for many years, employing hundreds of people. The business went bust like a lot of them did.
    Going around wearing sackcloth and hiding his face in public is not going to help anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Unless he bankrupted the business on purpose blaming Yates for having to pay for Governments decision to bailout the banks is skewed thinking.

From what I've heard the banks have hounded both him and his wife for every penny they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Those knuckleheads in the North really need to move on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

What is it with Unionists and effing parades!? I do note that they couldn't care less about their international reputation having all these bigotry based parades. The 12th doesn't exactly attract a huge amount of tourists.

• Advertisement

Garth Brooks next. If it wasn't for Garthie, there'd be no news at all.

Fcuk off Emer Costello. You lost your seat. Nobody cares what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Presumably a lot of people will avoid Dublin City Centre if the Garth concerts go ahead on the days they are on. So I have my suspicions about that 50 million figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Brooks is like a multinational (ala apple/big pharma) made flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Fcuk off Emer Costello. You lost your seat. Nobody cares what you think.

She's right about Fianna Fail. Absolute bunch of populist chancers. They had the best part of two decades to legislate for the x-case ruling, but didn't bother. And now they want to introduce emergency legislation for a f**king concert. Absolute scum of the earth.

RayM wrote: »
    She's right about Fianna Fail. Absolute bunch of populist chancers. They had the best part of two decades to legislate for the x-case ruling, but didn't bother. And now they want to introduce emergency legislation for a f**king concert. Absolute scum of the earth.

They're exploiting a populist opportunity at the moment. I'm sure Fine Gael would do the same if they were in opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Averil should appeal for Fionnan to be reinstated on the show.
    5 nights or nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

They're exploiting a populist opportunity at the moment. I'm sure Fine Gael would do the same if they were in opposition.

In fairness to Fine Gael, they didn't spend most of the last few decades in opposition by being populist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Purely and simply its a psychological ploy designed to get voters on their side. Their was a foal beaten to death in galway two weeks ago and not a thing heard about it.

The politicians like the papers only give publicity to what the public care about.

• Advertisement

The woman from the daily mail pronounced hyperbole as HIP ER BO LAY.

Please dont tell me I've been saying it wrong all these years? (all these years being as long as I have been reading boards)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement