Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

For me it had a real B.S.G feel on the ARK when they had to make the decision what to do with the 300 and I was really surprised that a Network show followed through with it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Interesting episode.

The mother seemed like a bit of a wagon in the flashbacks. Poor kids, what a weird upbringing!

Kind of hoping Finn dies. :)

They are not afraid of showing something graphic on this for a network show.

Stabbings to the neck spears in the chests mass suicide and a baby popping out last night.

The baby plopping out was gross :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder why Bellamy didn't get floated as well for keeping Octavia a secret. And good to see that being stuck in one room your entire life can still make you look really fit. :)

I was thinking the grounder was using her as bait of sorts. But he seems to be not with the other grounders

• Advertisement

^ I assume either the guard his mother was sleeping with pulled strings or maybe the guy who came to him with the deal pulled them knowing he'd be able to hold it over hi m in the future?

Thought it was interesting how Bellamy's need to protect Octavia doesn't necessarily come from a good place. It's almost like he's been conditioned to protect her. Is he capable of existing as his own person?

Well now... that was interesting.

Clarke actively encouraging torture, Raven going full on psycho with the electric cables!! I loved it :)

Still wish they'd let Finn die, especially after all the things they did to try and save him. Oh well.

Great to see Kate Vernon (Ellen Tigh of BSG).

Another fun episode and I am loving the whole morals of humanity being challenged.

One mintue we are good the next lets torture ok lets be good again.

To be honest the only person I am rooting for now is the grounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

the series is getting more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah very good episode. I knew the grounder would talk. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

the grounder very tough, if every grounders like him then the teenagers got problems
    'The 100's' mysterious Grounder speaks: Ricky Whittle breaks down episode 7, 'Contents Under Pressure' by zap2it

don't understand how come cannot post url where previously the post counts very very low can , another link

The 100: 2-Part Finale To Woo Season 2 With ‘Crazy’ Cliffhanger - seriable

I don't watch a lot of American TV anymore, or much TV at all really. I thought I should preface my next comment with that, just so you know where I'm coming from.... I think The 100 is the best new show, on any network, for some time.

Bare with me..... :)

I know it has a lot of problems, plot holes, questionable dialogue, handy coincidences, LOVE TRIANGLES!! etc. etc. but... I find the positives outweigh the negatives and as well as having some really interesting central themes it's thoroughly entertaining. I find myself actually thinking about it for a while after I watch it, it's the first show in a long time I've liked enough to keep up with US pace and actually look forward to each week.

I really hope it gets a second series, signs look good at the moment, so fingers crossed.

So they can't let their prisoner go since he'll come back with backup? It's not like he already knew where they were and how many there were.

Thought Clarke was gonna forget about Octavia when giving Finn the antidote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Good news on its renewal its a real guilty pleasure. i presume they'll keep coming up with reasons why no one from the ark can come down to Earth- if they did come down it would change the whole selling point of the show.

Good news on its renewal its a real guilty pleasure. i presume they'll keep coming up with reasons why no one from the ark can come down to Earth- if they did come down it would change the whole selling point of the show.

I don't know. If only some of them could come down it would be interesting to see how the kids adjust to not being in charge anymore. Would they just let the adults take over again? Would the adults listen to anything the kids had to tell them? Would the structure of their society automatically revert back to how it was on the Ark?

Anyway.... enjoyed this weeks ep. The whole camp being high was a bit dumb but it was worth the dumb for Bellamy's guilt hallucination. Pretty trippy, he'll regret crying to a girl in the morning :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

I don't know. If only some of them could come down it would be interesting to see how the kids adjust to not being in charge anymore. Would they just let the adults take over again? Would the adults listen to anything the kids had to tell them? Would the structure of their society automatically revert back to how it was on the Ark?

Anyway.... enjoyed this weeks ep. The whole camp being high was a bit dumb but it was worth the dumb for Bellamy's guilt hallucination. Pretty trippy, he'll regret crying to a girl in the morning :eek:

Yeah, love to see "desmond from lost" on the ground - sorry can't think of his name right now!

BUT as soon as there's more than 100 on the ground are they not "jumping the shark":eek::)

I suppose it's the same for all high-concept shows that are eager to get a renewal but still...

Never more than 100 from orbit on the ground at once - them's the rules!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

rockbeast wrote: »
    Yeah, love to see "desmond from lost" on the ground - sorry can't think of his name right now!

BUT as soon as there's more than 100 on the ground are they not "jumping the shark":eek::)

I suppose it's the same for all high-concept shows that are eager to get a renewal but still...

Sh!t yeah,thought i recognised him from something.He was good in lost

rockbeast wrote: »

Nope, apparently "The 100" refers to the name of the project to send the prisoners to Earth, not the number of kids, although that was also 100, but in terms of the name of the show it refers to the name of the project. There were technically 101 on the first drop ship anyway :)

Nope, apparently "The 100" refers to the name of the project to send the prisoners to Earth, not the number of kids, although that was also 100, but in terms of the name of the show it refers to the name of the project. There were technically 101 on the first drop ship anyway :)

Sounds like a renewal retcon to me!

Like Prison Break meant a "break from prison" in Se02+:D

PS did 1 or 2 not die on re-entry so technically...ya, ya...! :-)

• Advertisement

I saw the show runner guy mention the 100 project thing a few times since it started. I suppose it could just be a clever attempt to get around a set premise or.... it could be true, the show is about the project to find out if they can go back to earth because the Ark is failing and all the repercussions that this has on everyone.... :)

2 died when they landed, I think, for being idiots and taking off their seat belts. So only 99 landed?

I saw the show runner guy mention the 100 project thing a few times since it started. I suppose it could just be a clever attempt to get around a set premise or.... it could be true, the show is about the project to find out if they can go back to earth because the Ark is failing and all the repercussions that this has on everyone.... :)

2 died when they landed, I think, for being idiots and taking off their seat belts. So only 99 landed?

And then hot chick landed=100!:)

But some died so...about 85 left I'd say...

"Hey, orbiters, there's room on this planet for another 15 but no more!" ;)

"I don't care if we only have 3 ships left and thousands will die if we don't fill them!!! 15 people are going on this one! Don't you know the name of the show you're on?!?! Just for that, you don't get to go!"

Now we're at 91.

Obviously their heads were messed up before the drugs kicked in when they put the target over the door they were using to get in and out.

I guess the big question is How are the Grounders still pretty normal looking and able to speak perfect English?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

CastorTroy;90335283"]Now we're at 91.

Obviously their heads were messed up before the drugs kicked in when they put the target over the door they were using to get in and out.

I guess the big question is How are the Grounders still pretty normal looking and able to speak perfect English?

According to the shows wiki it's set 97 years after the bombs fell which isn't enough time for a new language to have evolved(new slang maybe) , as for why they all look normal and not like that deformed skull they found, in show terms Lincoln and his ilk could be the descendents of people who made it to Fallout style Vaults and the as yet unseen mutants are the ones who didn't. In realistic terms tho the show is on CW so the budget probably isn't there for extensive prosthetics even if they wanted to. Which they don't because well it's CW.

Yep, I think the fact that the Grounders were already pretty tooled up and savage when the 100 landed suggests there's something else down there with them. There was a drawing in Lincoln's book of a really big human type figure, maybe it is mutants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yep, I think the fact that the Grounders were already pretty tooled up and savage when the 100 landed suggests there's something else down there with them. There was a drawing in Lincoln's book of a really big human type figure, maybe it is mutants.
    I'm hoping its actually a large Wicker Man where they burn prisoners. Better to keep the mutations slight. If they do bring the adults down it will just be as boring as the show Terra Nova. Hope the grounders prevent this from happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Great to see Kate Vernon (Ellen Tigh of BSG).

kinda a similar role

kinda a similar role

Yes you're probably right.

• Advertisement

Well we already have Alessandro Juliani (Lt. Gaeta from BSG) and I'm sure we'll get more turning up.

Advertisement