Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

sok2005 wrote: »
    I imagined they didn't have big roomy areas to live given the fact that the place is overcrowded already, I'd also imagine food would be rationed per family so it would've been tough to actually hide a fully grown child in your bunker.

Was she fully grown when she was discovered ? I can't remember, the younger she was the smaller the portions she would need and the easier she would be to hide. If the parents and her brother Bellemy each gave a portion of their rations to her she'd be ok granted at the cost of the family overall nutrition. Then when she was discovered and incarcerated she began to be fed normally.
    Regarding the bonfire, i assumed as oxygen levels were monitored rigorously in the Ark they wouldn't be practising fire lighting in that environment but they arrive on earth and bam, a huge raging fire in moments!

No obviously they wouldn't have practical experience in lighting fires on the ark but honestly how hard can it be throwing a load of combustible material in a pile and lighting it on fire with whatever passes for a lighter in the future(or do you think they only sent them down there with the cloths on their backs). Earth studies probably consisted of Ray Mears and Bear Gyrlls boxsets marathons .
    Ah there's loads of inconsistencies in the show, how are all the kids getting their hands on make up? Hair straighteners? Brushes!
    Why keep prisoners alive til they are 18 then float them? No rehabilitation or organ harvesting or anything just pump a load of money and resources into them for a few years then kill them?
    Are they all wearing their great grandparents clothing?
    Where are they getting water from in space?
    Why has nobody up in space started darning their clothes? Surely its fairly simple to stitch a hole in a jumper?
    How did a cave protect anyone from the acid cloud?
    On another note, the goggle wearing kid gets speared in the chest and survives with a bit of seaweed but a little imp of a girl stabs a kid at the end and its just game over for him.

Recycled piss as for the rest you got me. I guess I can just see a bit of potential in the premise despite the flaws(it may never be fully realised granted) whereas you can't look past them , which is absolutely fine . I've been kinda like that with walking dead , I just happen to be rooting for this one for some daft reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

I guess I can just see a bit of potential in the premise despite the flaws(it may never be fully realised granted) whereas you can't look past them , which is absolutely fine .

I'm still watching am I not.? I'm just noticing flaws is all. I really want it to get better but I'm not going to ignore the fact that it's not living up to it's potential either.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

94. Surprised they went through with it.

Surprised they skipped finding the body and all. Don't remember the fingers being cut off though.

Dunno how the doctor will avoid getting floated this time. Twice in a row will be a bit much considering how easily people seem to get floated.

So are we meant to hate that guy more in this or in Continuum?

One complaint is how the threat of Grounders is supposedly always there yet everyone wanders the woods with no problem.

As for the trailer for next episode
    Are we to assume the pod lands safely right beside them considering they're not where they were meant to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CastorTroy wrote: »
    As for the trailer for next episode
    Are we to assume the pod lands safely right beside them considering they're not where they were meant to be?
    Yes. In the "next week" segment, it shows that they
    meet up with herself in the pod

Couldn't figure out why the fingers got chopped off either, but loled at the kid doing a base jump, minus the parachute :pac: Didn't expect the network to allow that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This fits the bill for me perfectly after 'Helix' ended. Plot holes you could fly a starship through but at the end of the day, just entertaining and sometimes that's all that matters for some shows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just watched the first 4 episodes and I'm surprised to say I really like it. It's got potential to be a great show if they carry on as they started. The only worry being, as it's a CW show, they'll ram a big old love triangle, or hexagon, into the middle of the other more interesting plot lines. I was also surprised how the jumping back and forth between Earth and the Ark didn't bother me. Usually shows like that have me more interested in one or the other but they've got a good balance with it so far. Obviously if you think about anything for more than a few seconds there's loads of questionable stuff but if you don't think it's very enjoyable.

Oh, and I also appreciate the fact they film on location for the Earth stuff and not just have them running past the same plastic tree every 2 minutes. Plus, for a story half set in space it's refreshingly light on the CGI.

The most recent episode was pretty dark and intense! Very interesting how the angry mob were all too happy to string Murphy up but weren't so happy at the thought of hanging a child. I still don't get why Murphy was banished though? He was just doing what the rest of them had done to him earlier. Charlotte jumping off the cliff was a clever way of tying that up, she's dealt with without any of the "heroes" having to make any difficult choices. I liked too how Clarke was trying to save Charlotte but at the same time let rip at her when she tried to hold her hand.

Lots of complex stuff going on, so, as I said above, I hope they don't go down the love triangle path now they've taken a few steps in that direction.

Oh and to answer some questions above... Well's lost the fingers when he swung at Charlotte after she stuck the knife in his neck. And, not this week, but the following one, the episode has flashbacks to Bellamy and Octavia on the Ark so I assume we'll find out if she was literally living under the floor in that one. ;)

Think he was banished because he was a dick, or because he wasn't as good looking at the others.

Or probably just because they believed he was the reason Charlotte jumped.

Sadly, the love triangle is inevitable. At least they avoided the Octavia/Clarke/Finn triangle, which Jasper's happy about.
    And not every CW show has one. Nikita, Supernatural, Arrow. Even the ones which centre around romance like Beauty and the Beast(unless it happened in the second season)

More importantly, where'd Kelly Hu go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Think he was banished because he was a dick, or because he wasn't as good looking at the others.

Or probably just because they believed he was the reason Charlotte jumped.

Sadly, the love triangle is inevitable. At least they avoided the Octavia/Clarke/Finn triangle, which Jasper's happy about.
    And not every CW show has one. Nikita, Supernatural, Arrow. Even the ones which centre around romance like Beauty and the Beast(unless it happened in the second season)

More importantly, where'd Kelly Hu go?

Haha there was a love triangle in the second season of B& and the B. But yeah not in every CW show. I'm enjoying this so far I presume they will stop the practice of introducing characters and then killing them off in the next episode soon enough. I hope they introduce some Europeans since I thought the space station had the peoples from a number of countries like Russia and France.

Yeah, it's not even the triangle aspect that worries me, it's the romance in general. It can take the focus away from other things and on a show like this with so much going on it'd be annoying to lose focus. I did see a tweet from the guy running the show though assuring someone that even though characters may fall in and out of love, or beds, the staying alive aspect of the show will remain at the forefront.
    I'm enjoying this so far I presume they will stop the practice of introducing characters and then killing them off in the next episode soon enough. I hope they introduce some Europeans since I thought the space station had the peoples from a number of countries like Russia and France.

I think they wanted to keep killing people off to prove that it's a serious business staying alive down there but they can't kill the main cast members, other than Wells, so it'll probably happen every now and again. Expect the guy Murphy peed on to die next week :)

I was wondering about the multi cultural thing too. One episode where it zooms in on the Ark you can see a Union Jack and a Russian flag on the outside of some of the pods. I don't think 2 generations would be enough to get a uniform accent going, would it? It's kind of weird they have two Australian leads doing American accents when they have the perfect reason to just let them speak with their own accents.

Noticed that episodes appear on Netflix Canada shortly after they air. It's handy given that it's exactly the kind of show I'd keep meaning to watch but never get around to it. The set up seems interesting if familiar and honestly it could be the most generic show imaginable but ill give it a chance as there's not much sci-if out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,910 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The CW sure loves their love triangles :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The CW sure loves their love triangles :p

Finn sure isn't the brightest.

Standing in clearing beside large metal object with open doors.

Finn to Raven: "How did you get here?" :rolleyes:

Bit too much Ark stuff this week but I suppose it was necessary to show how dire the situation is up there too.

I know the people they killed volunteered themselves but isn't Bellamy still responsible for their deaths, or would they still have had to kill them even if they knew the kids on Earth were alive?

Bellamy's sleeping arrangements were interesting too :)

Bellamy's sleeping arrangements were interesting too :)

It's good to be king. :D

Well that's one way to show they're not playing around. Just a mass execution. Most shows would've had it stopped from seeing the rockets just in time. Or I expected Kane to see the rockets and not say anything.

Though was surprised after Clarke saying Belamy would do anything to protect his sister, that he didn't seem to notice her missing.

It's good to be king. :D

Well that's one way to show they're not playing around. Just a mass execution. Most shows would've had it stopped from seeing the rockets just in time. Or I expected Kane to see the rockets and not say anything.

Though was surprised after Clarke saying Belamy would do anything to protect his sister, that he didn't seem to notice her missing.

Tom Petty ref?:)

Was surprised and impressed CW let them die.

Um... yes?

Didn't even know it was a Tom Petty song.

Um... yes?

Didn't even know it was a Tom Petty song.

Bit of a stretch for a reference, I know:o

Although, Tom Petty survived in the post-apocalyptic world that was The Postman.:D

rockbeast wrote: »
    Tom Petty ref?:)

Was surprised and impressed CW let them die.

I read a comment from the creator guy, can never remember his name, where he said the CW had actually encouraged them to be darker if they wanted. They're making all the right noises about this show and where it's headed, I just hope that they can keep it up.

They managed to steer clear of the love triangle in this episode too, thankfully. It's there, a bit, but was nowhere near the focus of the episode.

It's looking fairly good for renewal too, for now. Fingers crossed.

I read a comment from the creator guy, can never remember his name, where he said the CW had actually encouraged them to be darker if they wanted. They're making all the right noises about this show and where it's headed, I just hope that they can keep it up.

It's looking fairly good for renewal too, for now. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully...

The young girl stabbing/killing him was shocking, seriously. If that was on HBO people would be raving about it IMO.

CW are trying at least. Which is good.

Where they've been clever is to, especially in latest episode, maintain a focus on the orbiter(or whatever it's called) so it's not an archetypal Lord of the Flies show...

It's certainly better than Agents of Shield was after 7 episodes...

***Although having seen a certain trailer today for the first time it would be hilarious if Eli Roth directed the rest of the season:)

^ Yes, the stuff on the Ark is as compelling as the stuff on the ground and adds to what's happening on the ground too, as the stuff on the ground affects the Ark. It's all very clever!

Showing that they've no problem offing people makes you kind of wary about getting too invested in any of the characters too :)

You have to think Abbey will bite it eventually, no? She's escaped being floated twice now, she can't have that many lives.

• Advertisement

^ Yes, the stuff on the Ark is as compelling as the stuff on the ground and adds to what's happening on the ground too, as the stuff on the ground affects the Ark. It's all very clever!

Showing that they've no problem offing people makes you kind of wary about getting too invested in any of the characters too :)

You have to think Abbey will bite it eventually, no? She's escaped being floated twice now, she can't have that many lives.

Am sure her feet will get to touch Earth's sweet soil...and then she'll die soon after!:D

...probably saving Clarke...

Am sure her feet will get to touch Earth's sweet soil...and then she'll die soon after!:D

...probably saving Clarke...

Just as they're about to be reunited Charlotte pops up and shivs her! She's been living in the woods with Murphy all this time and they're back for revenge! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think this show is turning into a dark little gem. Definitely pushing the envelope for The CW.

Mr E wrote: »
    I think this show is turning into a dark little gem. Definitely pushing the envelope for The CW.

It's surprised me.

I like being surprised.

Feck 3D, s'all about surpris3d, yo! ;)

I'm going to say The CW isn't shocking me as such. I remember the first season of Vampire Diaries, they were killing off characters left, right and centre. They just have a now undeserved reputation of being for teens/teen girls. Really they're actually a go to place for pretty good genre tv.

True they still have the shows like Reign but they also gave us Nikita, gave it a good chance and a definite final season instead of just cancelling.

So in short, I like The CW. :)

Their shows that I watch include The 100, Supernatural, Arrow and Whose Line is it Anyway

The Vampire Diaries was excellent TV from about 6 episodes into the first season until half way through the second one. It went downhill from there, story telling wise, in my opinion, but yeah, The CW is capable of making good shows and giving shows a fair chance at working.

I don't understand though why networks insist on making so many new shows every year. If you've got say 10 shows on air now, 2 of which are flops, why pick up 4 new shows in pilot season meaning you have to then chop 2 more to make room?

What I've read online about CW shows this year it sounds like The Carrie Diaries and Starcrossed are done for, The Tomorrow People is also looking like it's a goner. So that's 3 off the production schedule. So pick up 3 new shows to replace them. Why put 5 or 6 shows into production, spend a fortune on them, maybe one of them might be half decent but you've already chopped 2 more shows that were building a following and now you have to try and promote brand new shows and get a following going for them?

The Vampire Diaries was excellent TV from about 6 episodes into the first season until half way through the second one. It went downhill from there, story telling wise, in my opinion, but yeah, The CW is capable of making good shows and giving shows a fair chance at working.

I don't understand though why networks insist on making so many new shows every year. If you've got say 10 shows on air now, 2 of which are flops, why pick up 4 new shows in pilot season meaning you have to then chop 2 more to make room?

What I've read online about CW shows this year it sounds like The Carrie Diaries and Starcrossed are done for, The Tomorrow People is also looking like it's a goner. So that's 3 off the production schedule. So pick up 3 new shows to replace them. Why put 5 or 6 shows into production, spend a fortune on them, maybe one of them might be half decent but you've already chopped 2 more shows that were building a following and now you have to try and promote brand new shows and get a following going for them?

Throwing sh!te at a wall.

Oldest sales/numbers game in the world:)

But, yeah, they, the nètworks, would be better served doubling down the investment and halving the shows...

I'm just concerned this one will get cancelled before I've lost interest and wondered off by myself :)

I think it's the only show on air, at this present moment, that I actually think about for a while after an episode, or am intrigued enough to be counting down to the next one.

^^^ that said, the CGI and props are pretty damn good in this show...

Anyone know the budget per episode?

Pretty impressed that not once have the FX caused me to step out of the show,

The dialogue, well, that's another story:)

• Advertisement

^^^ that said, the CGI and props are pretty damn good in this show...

Anyone know the budget per episode?

Pretty impressed that not once have the FX caused me to step out of the show,

The dialogue, well, that's another story:)

It's surprising how little CGI they use considering it's set in the future, and half in space. Maybe that's why they can get it right when they do use it. I fully appreciate that they built proper sets for the Ark stuff. Does anyone watch Once Upon A Time? I hate watch it occasionally and the CGI is just ridiculous. They have maybe 3 real sets and then everything else is really amateur looking CGI, it's disgusting.

Advertisement