Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

All kindle accessories, covers, lights etc. (apart from tesco finest covers) are now reduced to clear (around €8 or €9)

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

laros wrote: »
    iPod Nano 8GB - Silver, blue or pink = €87

Reduced to €129 in Tullamore Store...... :confused:

I would keep an eye on those prices OP. The ones in my local store were first marked down to €129, before being reduced to €86.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Fishy1 wrote: »
    iPod Nano 8GB - Silver, blue or pink = €87

I would keep an eye on those prices OP. The ones in my local store were first marked down to €129, before being reduced to €86.

Only if i was in the business could make millions from tesco :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rachelcork

Tesco brand mat's for kids the hopscotch number play mats only 3.62 in midletom

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi all

Tesco own brand HP twin pack printer cartridges are less than half price. Got the H140 (HP338 and HP343) for €11.24 yesterday (there were other varients, cant remeber which ones but all were less than €15). These are refilled cartridges, used them in the past and never had any problems with them. Last time I'm pretty sure I paid over €40.

Synthetic Motor oil for €9.37 (4Litres)

Apple and herb stuffing 125g (Tesco own brand)BBE May13 only 27cent.

These were all in Ballybeg (Waterford)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Lexmark printer cartridge ( 105 xl) 6.99 (30.99 reg) tesco ardkeen Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Fran79 wrote: »

Got the H140 (HP338 and HP343) for €11.24 yesterday (there were other varients, cant remeber which ones but all were less than €15).

Can I ask you was it €11.24 for the Combo pack (HP338 and HP343), or €11.24 each? My local Tesco in Santry has the combo pack at €22.50.

Ta!

Thanks OP might pop down and see is there any for my printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Can I ask you was it €11.24 for the Combo pack (HP338 and HP343), or €11.24 each? My local Tesco in Santry has the combo pack at €22.50.

Ta!

Hi
    it was €11.24 for the combo pack. If I remember correctly €22.50 was a price crossed out above the new lower price of €11.24.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Chiparus wrote: »

Great price.......bet if I go to Wexford they are full price-they rarely have any deals:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Chiparus wrote: »

what number cartridge was it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Chiparus

105 xl
    Actually looking at it online the price is the usual price,
    but they had it advertised for 30.99 and 6.99.

So it may not be the great bargain I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Taken last night in Ballybrack, South County Dublin. Just so you can see the offer seems to be more widespread, rather than just 'Tesco random'.. ;)

tescoipod8gb87.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rachelcork

3litre of miracle grow plant food in Douglas only 1.5 0 and the tomatoe food same price gloves for gardening only 33c! Lot more gardening and BBQ stuff cheap too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Tescos Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g glass jar) €0.45 each. 87% peanuts + sugar, oil & salt.

I was sure they were marked €0.34 on the shelf price but I wasn't going back around for €0.22.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

mathepac wrote: »
    Tescos Crunchy Peanut Butter (340g glass jar) €0.45 each. 87% peanuts + sugar, oil & salt.

I was sure they were marked €0.34 on the shelf price but I wasn't going back around for €0.22.

0.11c you mean? We don't do double the difference any more.

rachelcork wrote: »
    3litre of miracle grow plant food in Douglas only 1.5 0 and the tomatoe food same price gloves for gardening only 33c! Lot more gardening and BBQ stuff cheap too

Thanks gonna pick this up for me Dad loves his gardening :P

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭laros

We don't do double the difference any more.

Since when.....????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Got the dettol no touch hand wash system in tesco coonagh this evening, displayed at 15.99, scans at 3.01. Only the aloe vera one though, other 2 were full price.

phill106 wrote: »
    Got the dettol no touch hand wash system in tesco coonagh this evening, displayed at 15.99, scans at 3.01. Only the aloe vera one though, other 2 were full price.

Is that the automatic hand wash yoke? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭donnacha

Amalgam wrote: »
    Taken last night in Ballybrack, South County Dublin. Just so you can see the offer seems to be more widespread, rather than just 'Tesco random'.. ;)

tescoipod8gb87.jpg

Went to grab one tonight. They have two sealed on display above the sticker but the manager wouldn't sell either of them to me as he wasn't allowed to :confused: He said they are due more stock over the weekend.

Thankfully it wasn't a wasted journey as got a speaking toy story woody doll that was yellow stickered at €17.99 but still scanning at €21.99.
    After paying for it went to customer service and got a full refund of the €21.99 - was only expecting double the difference but because it was an incorrect price I was told I get it for free.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

So does that mean tesco have changed policy from double the difference to u get the item free so?

Must keep an eye out for those ipods..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

What is the story with mispriced items and getting a refund?
    They seem to have removed all reference to it from behind customer service desks (Lucan, Celbridge, Maynooth, Kildare). I've complained a few times about overcharging in the past few weeks (nappies, baby wipes, Aptamil formula, some toys etc) and in all cases- the difference between the price on the shelf and the amount I paid was refunded to me- aka- the amount I was overcharged was refunded, nothing more, nothing less.

Is the double the difference finished? If so- should we be on get the item free? They seem to have significant issues with items scanning at prices different than those on the shelves- and offers such as 2-for 4 Euro etc- seem to be causing them ridiculous difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Must be just that store, i thought it was still double the difference. That rule is only 12months old, bit soon to change it. Ill find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

stevek93 wrote: »

yep, the most pointless product of all time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭rameire

was in Naas mega store today,
    the policy is refund the overpriced difference.
    so you get the item at the correct price, nothing more ( unless you don't notice) and nothing less.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

stevek93 wrote: »

thats the one, I do see the absurd side though. Why would you be worried about touching the soap dispenser if it is going to kill 99.9% of all known germs right after?!

phill106 wrote: »
    thats the one, I do see the absurd side though. Why would you be worried about touching the soap dispenser if it is going to kill 99.9% of all known germs right after?!

Anything to make money. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

msg11 wrote: »
    0.11c you mean? We don't do double the difference any more.
    €0.22, I bought 2 jars. I don't know about double the difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

mathepac wrote: »
    €0.22, I bought 2 jars. I don't know about double the difference

Lawyered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement