Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Oh was that the structure? I was thinking it might have been along the lines of the 26 over three books with a couple of long mid season breaks. There's the option for more? Wonder how they'll structure the book/season structure. Surely it'll get other seasons if they want. Avatar was a big ratings and critics winner and even bigger DVD winner for them surely......... (Where's Richard Dower's numbers fetish when ya need it :)

If 26 over two seasons (Each season being a book I presume) then, if they do take the option of another season I presume they would only choose to do one more season ala Aang: have your story, start it, develop it, finish it........ (although it would be great to see a 23 episode Book Three. Loving it so far)

I'm just wondering how the story arc will manage over so many episodes. In the original Avatar, Aang had to learn all the elements and deal with the war etc etc. Korra only needs to master Air. I mean, she still needs to get glowy in the Avatar state and defeat Amon, but over 3 seasons?

Dunno, I think they could have it wrapped up in two.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

I think the fight at the end of episode 6 was about demonstrating to her how much she needs airbending. The lack of it prevented her from following them and even caused the metalbender to have to stop following them and rescue her. Water and earth can be very powerful in the right situations, but against an opponent with airships there may not be either of those elements handy. Fire and air are the two that will almost always be available, but fire has limited utility beyond raw aggression. Air would round out her raw offensive power with a lot more options.

Aang was much more spiritual than Korra. That side of it came more naturally to him. I would imagine that Korra will need a whole season devoted to mastering it. I also think she'll need to get more involved with energy bending than Aang did in order to counteract some of the power removal and chi blocking that Amon will do.

I'm thinking that Korra will need to work on the spiritual side at some point, in order to get into the Avatar State, which will likely gain some importance (I hope[/i]). Right now she is too head strong and aggressive to achieve it, I think, so this season will eventually be her mastering air bending before moving on to the spiritual side.

Really do hope we see the Avatar State making an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Anachrony

Pretty wild speculation, but maybe energy bending will allow Korra to bring more equality by allowing people who want to the opportunity to acquire and train bending ability without having to be born with it.

NOT MY CABBAGE corp!

• Advertisement

Is it just me or do Korra's eyes seem to get bluer with each episode? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Another great episode. A bit obvious (plot-wise), but very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Another great episode. Loved Bei Fong's use of Toph's sonar trick. Was great to see in action again. I also loved how they reminded us that metal bending is just another form of Earth bending- that they are actually bending the tiny imperfections in the metal as opposed to the metal itself.
    When the guys snuck in through the floor I thought there was a flaw: Why not open up a hole beneath the machines? But then I noticed that they seemed to be on some kind of plate covering the rest of the floor. Now, I suppose Bei Fong could have taken chunks up from that section and chucked them at the machines but ya gotta cut them some slack :).
    The plot was pretty predictable but it was still a good one. They've really started fleshing out the storyline over the last three weeks.

LOVED seeing Tenzin kicking some serious arse. and the cabbage guy. Hahaha. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I still think Asami is in it with her father. What better way to get close to the Avatar?

It's actually pretty hard to tell what Asamin's motives are now.

Re: the Fire Ferrets entering;

I am assuming that the whole room was covered in platinum, so the metal benders couldn't bend, but this also possibly prevented their earth bending from working. However, the Fire Ferrets were underneath, thus were able to Earth Bend as they weren't blocked off by the platinum.

However, it doesn't really matter, which proves how strong this show is in every other aspect.

• Advertisement

It's actually pretty hard to tell what Asamin's motives are now.

I am assuming that the whole room was covered in platinum, so the metal benders couldn't bend, but this also possibly prevented their earth bending from working. However, the Fire Ferrets were underneath, thus were able to Earth Bend as they weren't blocked off by the platinum.

However, it doesn't really matter, which proves how strong this show is in every other aspect.

I think they just entered via an alternate tunnel...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

You can see Bei Fong using earth bending in the fight just before the fire ferrets arrive, so earthbending was possible from inside the room.

I'd say the reason they didnt trap the machines in holes is because you need to move the earth somewhere and in that confined space with such big machines it would have required a lot of work to put them all into their own sink holes.

As for the fire ferrets they were coming from outside the room so the earth was being pushed back through the hole they made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Did anybody catch Tahno's line to Amon just before he took his bending in And There Winner Is? I only ask as I could've sworn he said "No, Ray, please don't do this!".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Did anybody catch Tahno's line to Amon just before he took his bending in And There Winner Is? I only ask as I could've sworn he said "No, Ray, please don't do this!".

Just checked it. It does sound a bit like he says "Ray" but it's actually "wait"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This thread really should be moved to >Prime Time Cartoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

NOT MY CABBAGE corp!

I loved the statue outside of his factory of the cabbage man and his cart!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

No new episode this week, I is sad

VinLieger wrote: »
    No new episode this week, I is sad

There's not?? :( Damn, I need my Avatar fix! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Memorial Day weekend, things get back to normal next week.

Stupid Americans and their stupid holidays ruining our TV schedule. Was all excited waking up and hoping to see the new episode to see it's not back until next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks really cool,Is it on netflix?

Looks really cool,Is it on netflix?

Not fully sure, but I really doubt it.

Just did a check and it's not there, but the Last Airbender: Legend of Aang is on. I personally would recommend checking this out first as you'll gain a much greater appreciation for Legend of Korra, but it's not necessary as they're two completely different shows (though set in the same universe) with different characters. You'd just have a better understanding.

If you haven't watched it yet, the first few episodes aren't anything amazing as such and the first part of the first season is somewhat kiddy-ish, but if you're willing to give it the time, you'll get some of the greatest character progression, story lines and action sequences than any other cartoon out there, if not most TV shows.

So far Korra is shaping up to being a pretty amazing show too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

what channel is legend of korra on?

what channel is legend of korra on?

Its not on over here yet, i dont think, so we watch it...... other ways.
    But itll be on Nickelodeon when it does make it, could be next week could be next year, cus as far as american tv execs think we dont exist as consumers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's on the Internet.
    IYKWIM ;)

VinLieger wrote: »
    Its not on over here yet, i dont think, so we watch it...... other ways.
    But itll be on Nickelodeon when it does make it, could be next week could be next year, cus as far as american tv execs think we dont exist as consumers

Well damnit anyway ;-)

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Did not see that coming at all, out of all the sites and predictions ive seen i dont think anyone went with
    Tarlock being a bloodebender, and one who doesnt need the full moon either

This show just gets better and better

WHY DID I LOOK AT THAT SPOILER!!!

ARRHHHH!!!!

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    WHY DID I LOOK AT THAT SPOILER!!!

ARRHHHH!!!!

Dude, why??? you should have waited, i havent had such an "oh my god" shock moment for a while, i was on teamspeak while i was watching it and the people thought my house was being broken into because of my reaction

• Advertisement

Ahh it's ok.

you didnt spoil
    Sokka's appearance in flashback
    so it's not all bad.

but does this
    possibly put tarlock on as a possible Amun suspect since he could in theory use bloodbending to block bending?

Advertisement