Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Beers THIS SATURDAY 1st November 8.30pm J.W Sweetmans (Messrs) Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I detest dressing up so if I do make it I'll be going as something really really crap :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I detest dressing up so if I do make it I'll be going as something really really crap :)

Mr hanky the Christmas poo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Looks like I might be free to attend,

so whats the craic with it, you just turn up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Yep.

Someone may post on thread closer to the time to meet up earlier somewhere. Usually so first timers aren't weary about going in alone.

Turn up at any stage, most beers are full of friendly folk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

My first beers was an AH beers.

I met a group of boardsies in a hostel some of them were staying in so we all went together.

usually a group will post up a meet up point before hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I am hoping to go to this one. Reckon we will have a newbies pre AH drink before going to the main event. Safety in numbers combined with dutch courage!

Once its not combined with dutch gold I'm happy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭Patser

I'm out.

Sorry but a mini college reunion is on, a few scattered friends are making an effort to get home.

Sorry to be missing this though, as, although I've only been to a few, the beer meet ups are great fun where you get to meet new people. Well worth going to. So for anyone nervous, you should defo make the effort, remember you won't be held prisoner there and can always leave but more than likely you'll find yourself caught up in conversation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

No
    OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Once its not combined with dutch gold I'm happy :P
    The 'preferred' Irish College rag week & fresher, first time away from Mommy + Daddy 'beverage'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

Possible to have a poll to get an idea of numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

No
    I'm hoping to go but it would be a bit early to confirm availability...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭The Rabbit

I'm hoping to go but it would be a bit early to confirm availability...

Yeah me too, it's just so close to Halloween that I want to confirm the date but I won't bother if only a handful are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I might head to this so keep an eye out for someone in a scorpion or sub zero costume

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I might head to this so keep an eye out for someone in a scorpion or sub zero costume

can i be rain?i like purple Or maybe reptile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭ Jonathan Important Spectacle

I may yet make it :cool:

I'll be the guy at the back, quoting Macbeth whilst drinking from a wineskin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

LizT wrote: »
    Mod

Hate having to do a mod note in a beers thread but I've just had to delete a load of off topic, cliquey posts. The exact reason the last beers thread was closed.

Everyone is more than welcome to the beers, unfortunately flirty off topic chat leads people to become uncomfortable about attending beers. Take it to PM.

It's the part where you have to leave your keys in the bowl that makes me uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

No
    I may yet make it :cool:

I'll be the guy at the back, quoting Macbeth whilst drinking from a wineskin.
    "To pee or not to pee, that is the question. Whether tis nobler to suffer and not break the seal or to allow urine to pass through me like a sea without troubles" Something along those lines yeah?

Anyway, definitely hoping to make this. Have been to a boards meet-up in Galway and the Woolshed so hoping it is as good craic as they were!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

You know what. I think I'll go. I need somewhere to stay so I'm going to be holding auditions for people to let me stay on their floor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Moist Mittens

Timmyctc wrote: »
    You know what. I think I'll go. I need somewhere to stay so I'm going to be holding auditions for people to let me stay on their floor.

You can stay in my...not rape room...attic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I probably won't be allowed into Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I probably won't be allowed into Dublin.

You are welcome for.3 nights

But not.5!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 Moist Mittens

Is this still happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Who doesn't love a potato though in fairness.

But they just stand there, looking at you, with all their eyes. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Is this still happening?

It better be. I've the tuxedo bought, the hair appointment penciled in and the helicopter to Dublin booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

LizT wrote: »
    Mod

Hate having to do a mod note in a beers thread but I've just had to delete a load of off topic, cliquey posts. The exact reason the last beers thread was closed.

Everyone is more than welcome to the beers, unfortunately flirty off topic chat leads people to become uncomfortable about attending beers. Take it to PM.

Yeah, and its for exactly that reason that I'm out of attending now. Was going to show up and throw my name in the hat but after reading some posts in this thread, theres no way Ill be going. To be frank, you dont come across like a friendly bunch at all, lots of in-jokes and private laughs that instantly exclude other people just so ye can exaggerate how good your meetings were. I dont know the age spectrum of the meet ups but from the content of some posts, Im guessing late teens early 20s and with a LOT of growing up to do. Your loss...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

No
    And you now get the bonus for that last post of joining my Ignore List.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No
    Well now nobody gets a cookie :(

Yeah, and its for exactly that reason that I'm out of attending now. Was going to show up and throw my name in the hat but after reading some posts in this thread, theres no way Ill be going. To be frank, you dont come across like a friendly bunch at all, lots of in-jokes and private laughs that instantly exclude other people just so ye can exaggerate how good your meetings were. I dont know the age spectrum of the meet ups but from the content of some posts, Im guessing late teens early 20s and with a LOT of growing up to do. Your loss...

Somehow

I don't think so.

cloud493 wrote: »
    Well now nobody gets a cookie :(

**** it

i'm bringing cookies

Cookies for everyone!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

No

I agree with some of what u said and you have every right to say it as well no matter what anyone else might say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

No
    Cookies made with tears of sadness?

Advertisement