Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Various football 5/6 sides, city locations

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

If anyone ever needs players for a friday in Mervue give me a mail here for my number. I play Monday Tuesday and Thursday so I'd also have access to at least 20+ players if ye needed more. Only Friday + Mervue though.

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

There is a game at 6.30 on the far half of the Astro every Friday. No mail/txt list just showup and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

MaxFlower wrote: »
    There is a game at 6.30 on the far half of the Astro every Friday. No mail/txt list just showup and play.

Cool thanks for info - are ye ever 2 full?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

MaxFlower wrote: »

Is this in Drom?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

gandroid wrote: »
    Is this in Drom?
    No, it's the big astroturf pitch in Mervue.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

-Vega- wrote: »
    Cool thanks for info - are ye ever 2 full?

No, just come on down if you are interested.

Just remember to watch out for the goal-hanging young lads who don't bother defending :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Malice wrote: »
    Just remember to watch out for the goal-hanging young lads who don't bother defending :).
    You're pretty shameless all right Malice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ThisWillShow

Hi Theres a good gang normally 8 or 9 asideof us that play in oran on a monday 9 30 to 10 30/11 just wondering if the guys in mervue want to start some sort of league 5 a side or 7 a side to make it a bit interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Hi Theres a good gang normally 8 or 9 asideof us that play in oran on a monday 9 30 to 10 30/11 just wondering if the guys in mervue want to start some sort of league 5 a side or 7 a side to make it a bit interesting :)

Thats a great idea, I know of at least another 2/3 teams that would play in that if we organised some kind of mini-league between ourselves, I dont know the size of mervue pitch but theres another pitch down beside the galway shopping center that would be big enuff to fit 7/8 a side

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Does anyone want a game tomorrow, around 6/7 up the drom?

We only have 5 players this week, just wonderin if deres any other 5-a-side team looking for a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 masterp

I just saw this thread. I would love to play 5-a-side again. Used to play abit but mates have fecked off here and there so lost 'contacts' to have games. If anybody needs a player sometime please consider getting in touch. Can play, abit, but right now severley unfit. In college so would defo be available mid-week etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭howyanow

hi folks,just wondering do many of ye guys think that people would play soccer during week days between the hours of 12pm until 4pm?im not looking to organise a match but im trying to do research for a friend.my own thinking is that there has to be plenty of people that work nightshifts and have flexible work hours that would like to have the option to play.let me know what ye think.thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 retro boy

Were playing in the new all weather at Astrobay, Renmore on a Tuesday night now from 8 -9pm. Pitches are class! The guy up there was talking about setting up a 5 a side league. Were paying a €5 each, its €50 for the hour. Check it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 retro boy

Thats a great idea, I know of at least another 2/3 teams that would play in that if we organised some kind of mini-league between ourselves, I dont know the size of mervue pitch but theres another pitch down beside the galway shopping center that would be big enuff to fit 7/8 a side

What night are ye guys looking to form a mini league? Would Friday suit? Its impossible to get availability anywhere during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mcmarcg

I just moved here from America...am American, but I can play soccer and I miss it! Is this game in Oran still happening? That's 9:30pm? Where exactly? Cool if I show up this coming Monday (03/10)? And I assume this is AstroTurf, no boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

mcmarcg wrote: »
    I just moved here from America...am American, but I can play soccer and I miss it! Is this game in Oran still happening? That's 9:30pm? Where exactly? Cool if I show up this coming Monday (03/10)? And I assume this is AstroTurf, no boots?

Hi there, we are still playing at 9.30 on Monday evenings on the big astro in Oranmore, you are welcome to join. You can PM me if you like but basically just turn up, 5 Euro per game. Shoes are running shoes or astro turf boots (recommended).

Cool. I will be there (as long as I can get rid of my first Ireland cold/flu thing). Should I bring like a certain colour shirt or anything? Just curious, are there slide tackles, offside, or any rules specific to this game that I should be aware of?

mcmarcg wrote: »
    Cool. I will be there (as long as I can get rid of my first Ireland cold/flu thing). Should I bring like a certain colour shirt or anything? Just curious, are there slide tackles, offside, or any rules specific to this game that I should be aware of?

No slide tackles (you would not want to), no offside - offside usually isn't played in amateur type games. We rotate the goalkeeper so you go in for 5-10 mins per game depending on the number of players

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ThisWillShow

Mondays 9 30 5 euro normally play till 10 45 John who organises it expects numbers to drop now that were going into winter. so who ever is interested is more then welcome to come along.

Not serious just made up of lads from cregg, derry(nui) and few other companys around galway looking for a game of footie. If we can keep the numbers up we can think of organising 5 a side mini league,

The lads from mervue or other groups just interested in having a kick around for the crack feel free to add dates and times that would suit. If we get some feedback we can procedd from there, individuals and groups welcome we can pick teams of five the first evening and use email adress to say wat days nd times teams will be playing. .If any one has better idea feel free to post here.

swe_fi wrote: »
    No slide tackles (you would not want to), no offside - offside usually isn't played in amateur type games. We rotate the goalkeeper so you go in for 5-10 mins per game depending on the number of players

Cool, pretty much what I was playing in the states (minus the goalkeeper bit)... sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tommyboy87

Hi. Im just after movin to Galway nd was hoping to get back playing football. If anyone needs more numbers i wud be more than happy to play. Would have to be in Mervue tho. If u do need more people drop me a msg. Cheers..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm looking to start playing again, any location would do (expect Devon).
    If anyone has spare places can you let me know please?

(I used to organise kick arounds in Mervue a while back and opened places to people through this forum)

Thanks,
    Pa.

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'm looking to start playing again, any location would do (expect Devon).
    Just to clarify, are you expecting the Salthill Devon pitches or do you mean any location except the Salthill Devon pitches?

Malice wrote: »
    Just to clarify, are you expecting the Salthill Devon pitches or do you mean any location except the Salthill Devon pitches?

Sorry, except Salthill Devon.
    I'm living in Lackagh, just past Claregalway so it's a long drive to that location.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Hi My usual thursday night game has fallen through anyone need an extra man from 8 onwards??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

just back in galway after working the last 4 months in Dublin, will be here for the next 9 months at least and now that my achilles tendon is no longer bothering me I'd be interested in a weekly casual game....mervue is best for me, pm me if you are short a player

and who knows? if enough galways boards users are up for a game, maybe we can organise it ourselves

dineenp>>>If you're up for going as far as Oranmore, we play 9.30 every Monday on the big Astro, there is still room for a few players on this game if anyone else is interested.

swe_fi wrote: »
    dineenp>>>If you're up for going as far as Oranmore, we play 9.30 every Monday on the big Astro, there is still room for a few players on this game if anyone else is interested.
    Can I book a place for Mon so please? If ye're short some still on Mon let me know and I'll ask a few heads.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Can I book a place for Mon so please? If ye're short some still on Mon let me know and I'll ask a few heads.

Sure thing, you can bring people if you like as well - we play up to 11 a side some times (not that often), its a big pitch. Its a fiver per game usually just so you know. Guy that runs it is John. Said it before here but just be aware that it is not a longhaired pitch like Drom so you can't use studs. See you there