Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Ireland Graduates for International Growth- G4IG

• 30-09-2010 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey all, Just wondering did anyone apply for the Enterprise Ireland Graduate for International Growth Programme? I applied and haven't heard anything back so was just wondering if anyone had????? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 2010claire

Give Sonyia a call at 01 4853977, she's really helpful. You could also email her at G4IG@enterprise-ireland.com

Good luck with the application

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

I did the assessments tests this week. Waiting to hear now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AARR

What sort of tests did you take. Let us know when you get to the next stage. Best of luck, Tony.

AARR wrote: »
    What sort of tests did you take. Let us know when you get to the next stage. Best of luck, Tony.

They were the online ones. Got the link pretty much straight away after applying. Did you get through to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

Just got an email saying application had been received and would be reviewed, they will be in contact over the month of October

• Advertisement

Kaka86 wrote: »
    Just got an email saying application had been received and would be reviewed, they will be in contact over the month of October

Got it too. fingers crossed. best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

Cheers dude ...same as!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 temana

Same here, got a reply saying my application is being processed etc... How many questions did you guys manage to answer in the timed verbal and numerical aptitude tests? Good luck everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mike Tyson

Just got a call to do an assessment centre with them this week. Delighted to hear it but caught me a bit of guard.

Anyone have any tips on what to have prepared for it? Presume the G4IG assessment day is at least very similar to the EI grad program one so anyone that's done that before, information much appreciated!. Cheers

Mike Tyson wrote: »
    Just got a call to do an assessment centre with them this week. Delighted to hear it but caught me a bit of guard.

Anyone have any tips on what to have prepared for it? Presume the G4IG assessment day is at least very similar to the EI grad program one so anyone that's done that before, information much appreciated!. Cheers

As in the online one? Did you do the online one already or is this a different one?

• Advertisement

NickDrake wrote: »
    As in the online one? Did you do the online one already or is this a different one?
    Did the online ones a few weeks ago, this is the stage after that. Tuesday looks to be the first they're putting on of 7 (spread over the next 2 weeks).

Did the online ones a few weeks ago, this is the stage after that. Tuesday looks to be the first they're putting on of 7 (spread over the next 2 weeks).

Cheers, will hopefully get the call this week. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Just got THE CALL. Going to Eastpoint on Friday. I assume everyone else is?

The email we got before we took the tests online said that we'd be retaking the tests there to make sure we weren't big fat cheaters. I'm assuming the numbers and verbal tests. We're hardly retaking the personality test. But you never know. They're probably looking for an informal chat as well. I guess the numbers are getting thinned out again for interviews.

Did the assessment day yesterday.

Basically 3 parts:

- Retake the tests, numerical/verbal.
    - Group exercise, in a group of 8: given a few documents to read, and then as a group discuss some solutions to a few problems (40 minutes), then hand write 3 page personal opinion to be handed up (25 mins).
    - 5-7 min presentation leading into the interview, interview all competency based questions.

And you're done.

Theres 30 people per day for 7 days, so roughly 210 for 50 jobs.

Interview and pres are completely grand; no serious curve balls. The group exercise knocked me out, hated it. Overall, go in with your head screwed on and you'll be grand. Any specific questions drop them here and I'll answer them, best of luck to anyone doing it

Oh, I didn't think the interview would be here and now. Makes sense though. I was wondering what else, other than the tests and presentation, could take all day.

Did they give you any knid of indication as to how well you did or when you would hear from them, Mike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭scarface22

@Mike Tyson

What type of question was asked in the group exercise? I presume the case was some hypothetical company was considering breaking into a market and you had to analyse why they should or shouldn't do it...?

Na no indication, presume some stage after the last assessment day is done on the 19th but not holding any hope.

Yeah the group exercise, never got to grips with it. It's an Irish company that has this process that turns sewage/waste into a fuel called fireblox that can then be burned in these boilers they also make. They operate in Ire/UK atm and are looking to enter the German market, are unsure whether to partner with a German firm or go alone.

You talk ****e as a group for 40 minutes then write up your own strategy, doesn't have to reflect the group consensus. Load of balls. Post about your experiences here when you're done!, best of luck

Christ, I just want to be done with this now. Had to drop my suit in to get cleaned today, I probably should get a haircut tomorrow. Have to put this presentation together,blah, blah, blah. I wish I could've just given them my CV and said "job plz?" And they'd be all "Yeah, sure m8."

Na no indication, presume some stage after the last assessment day is done on the 19th but not holding any hope.

Yeah the group exercise, never got to grips with it. It's an Irish company that has this process that turns sewage/waste into a fuel called fireblox that can then be burned in these boilers they also make. They operate in Ire/UK atm and are looking to enter the German market, are unsure whether to partner with a German firm or go alone.

You talk ****e as a group for 40 minutes then write up your own strategy, doesn't have to reflect the group consensus. Load of balls. Post about your experiences here when you're done!, best of luck

Cheers man. Thats great help. Case studies are definitely not my forté so this is badly badly needed.

Having a hard time throwing this presentation together. I'm not outta college that long, like. Totally drawing a blank. I'll get there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 greenbrain

JoePie wrote: »
    Having a hard time throwing this presentation together. I'm not outta college that long, like. Totally drawing a blank. I'll get there.

what kind of presentation are u throwing together?

Just went on about a few challenges and opportunities facng SMEs, and then 3 ways I would achieve those opportunities for the SME I chose to talk about.

The whole day was long. Fell down a bit on the written part, but I feel I did pretty well everywhere else.

Just went on about a few challenges and opportunities facng SMEs, and then 3 ways I would achieve those opportunities for the SME I chose to talk about.

was it a powerpoint presentation?

what about the interview....how long was it? what kinds of questions did they ask you?

No, you can't do a PowerPoint. You either bring in a flash card, learn it off, or freestyle it.

The interview lengths varied. Anything from half an hour to an hour and a half. Questions were competency based. As in, "Tell us about a time you showed X quality."

Ok thanks....the whole day sounds like tough going!
    1. First you do the numerical/verbal tests...again.
    2. The next is the 40 minute group discussion, followed by a hand written proposal of what you would advise the company to do.
    3. Next is your 5 minute presentation.
    4. And finally a 30-90 minute interview which is mostly based on competencies.

Is there anything else you think I would need to know about for the day?

What was the hardest part for you?

Cheers.

You're given a timetable, and you'll see that things aren't necissarily in that order, if that makes any difference to you. The presentation and the interview will always be together. Just means that you could be done by 1pm, or you could be sitting around doing nothing for a few hours.

Nothing else you really need to know. Make sure to read the bottles of water. Got tricked by a bottle of sparkling water. Hate that stuff. You can't prepare for anything other than the presentation and the interview to an extent.

The writing part was the toughest for me. Just bottled it hard.

Make sure to read the bottles of water. Got tricked by a bottle of sparkling water.

What did they ask you about the water bottles? What other questions were there like that?

How many people were doing the interview?

Did they ask you much about your college course and work experience.......or was it all like, "tell us about a time you showed ______ skill"?

Thanks a million btw, your help is much appreciated.

Haha, you've got the water thing wrong. There were bottles in the room we were waiting in. Drinking water, like. There was still and sparkling.

Two doing the interview.

They asked different people different things. I was asked all competency questions.

Haha, you've got the water thing wrong. There were bottles in the room we were waiting in. Drinking water, like. There was still and sparkling.

Hahaha, i get ya.

How did anyone else get on?

• Advertisement

greenbrain wrote: »
    Hahaha, i get ya.

How did anyone else get on?

Presentation was tricky given how little time I had to prepare but group exercise was ok. Written exercise was also a little tricky but aptitude test was a breeze

Advertisement