Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gold panning

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I have no gold panning experience but would be interested in tagging along with someone if they need some company, i have my own car so i can get pretty much anywhere within reason

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Jakub25

If you want legal detecting go to great britain.
    People will came from germany, poland, holland and from
    all the Europe.You can find roman coins
    and medieval hammered silver coins.
    There will be Archeologists who will checks all finds.

http://www.weekendwanderersdetecting.com/SUMMER_RALLY/summer_rally.html

If you will have lucky you can find something like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b_klOB8cro

Cheers for all hiding metal detecting hobbyists from Ireland,
    they should change this 1987 rules because only Archeologist
    can use metal detector:mad:

Anybady try to get license for using metal detector
    from local council?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mrbandy

Hi Everyone!

I'm planning to go to the Sperrin Heritage Centre in October. I would like to try panning for gold there! I have an own tools and need only one person who can take me there, because I live in Co. Leitrim and a little bit difficult go there by bus/train from here. I can share my tools with him/her + pay for the petrol. Is anybody interested in this idea?

Andrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bernie d

Hi I think thats a great idea you had. If you are planning a day out this year my friend and i would love to go along. we live in dublin.
    Bernie

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

I'd like to go panning for gold too, in the Wicklow mountains.

We'll bring those Czech girls too, if no-one minds.. I'm not married... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Judowannabe

Does anybody know of anywhere in limerick there is alluvial gold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Didnt Charles Stewart Parnell pan for gold in Co Wicklow and used the gold for the wedding ring he gave Kitty O'Shea . Dunno where I heard that.

Be careful Joe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭LK_Dave

I never thought of panning for gold here in Limerick. But a few nights ago I was surfing around the internet and found this guy in the US. He has a few You Tube tutorials on panning. His You Tube username is omegageek64 and his web site is www.mdpub.com/prospecting/index.html.

Ordered the cd today after reading this board. Anybody know where you can get a pan in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

http://www.goldgold.com/panninginstructions.htm
    Good instructions there on how to pan for the gold. Loads of other good info on the site too.

http://www.mineralsireland.ie/NR/rdonlyres/DE03860F-E4EE-4D03-83C6-13E92E52A623/0/Gold_article.pdf
    A PDF document showing where gold has been found in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 my name is peter

I have been thinking the same thing myself for a few years. Im living in Dublin and would love to join you in a little prospecting. Give me a shout if you are going out anytime soon.
    Im a student so I will have a word with the geology dept and see if there is anything local.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 azerel

hi i was wondering if any one is Gold Panning in Ireland and could give me any suggestions on where to start thanks if any one replies. i live in Galway and am looking for some pass time to get me out and about and busy
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 truebluehill16

hi i am trueblue i have panning kit and have lots of info to hand as to where to look for gold i want to head up your way to look for gold also i am member of english gold panning association and are looking to set up a irish panning association i am looking to her from like mind people i my self am based in portlaoise area and have found some gold but just few flakes in local rivers near by.in setting up the panning association of ireland id hope to bring Leon Kirk over from scotland who is head of scotish association is very well know and has guiding bussines in gold panning.anyone with any intrest please get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 2 truebluehill16

anyone having any intrested in gold panning or prospecting i will be looking set something up on facebook over coming mouths.If things go well id hope set up club.under the name Irealnd gold panning association/prospecting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement