Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online deadline still the 14th of Nov for this year?

• 29-10-2014 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know if the online deadline for self-employed pay and file is still the 14th of Nov for this year?
    I can only find the info on 2013 quoted below.........
    What is the extended deadline date for Pay & File for Revenue On-Line Service Customers?

The due date for filing the Return and making the Payment will be extended to 14 November 2013, where both the Return and the Payment are made through ROS.
    https://www.ros.ie/info/faq/incometaxpf_info.html#Question4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭nompere

mikom wrote: »
    Anybody know if the online deadline for self-employed pay and file is still the 14th of Nov for this year?
    I can only find the info on 2013 quoted below.........

13 November this year.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/practitioner/ebrief/2014/no-302014.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

It's Thursday 13th November this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Thank you both.

Seems they are winding it in closer and closer each year........

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

mikom wrote: »
    Thank you both.

Seems they are winding it in closer and closer each year........

I think it is the 2nd Thursday in november every year. Not sure though just that is what someone in work told me.

I think it is the 2nd Thursday in november every year. Not sure though just that is what someone in work told me.

It was 15 November in 2012 - and that was the 3rd Thursday of that November.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

at least they didn't move it back to 30th September or 30th june as was mooted last year

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

at least they didn't move it back to 30th September or 30th june as was mooted last year

Don't get comfortable though - they haven't cancelled those plans - just put them off for an undefined time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Well 31st October is still the official date in the legislation so the extension is only to promote use of ROS, once ROS is the only option which it will be in the next couple of years max it will be 31st again, unless they bring it way back like the posts above are mentioning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Androma1984

Guys,

Quick question, for those using the new online form 12 facility and who have recently filed their return online, how can they be expected to know how much their final liability to be paid before thursday is (without using an accountant, as is the whole point) when notice of assessments can take weeks to be processed and they don't provide a calc. I've worked out the liability in my own case, but am just wondering in the case of the ordinary man in the street who is unable to do so, what is the official Revenue line on this where underpayments are made? Tough luck and a 5% interest charge as should have done it earlier?

Guys,

Quick question, for those using the new online form 12 facility and who have recently filed their return online, how can they be expected to know how much their final liability to be paid before thursday is (without using an accountant, as is the whole point) when notice of assessments can take weeks to be processed and they don't provide a calc. I've worked out the liability in my own case, but am just wondering in the case of the ordinary man in the street who is unable to do so, what is the official Revenue line on this where underpayments are made? Tough luck and a 5% interest charge as should have done it earlier?

These are the notes from a Form 12:

NOTE:
    1. An individual who is a ‘chargeable person’ for the purposes of Income Tax Self-Assessment should complete a Pay and File Income Tax
    Return Form 11E or Form 11.
    2. An individual with a PAYE source of income and with total gross income from all non-PAYE sources (including income subject to DIRT), of
    €50,000 or more is regarded as a ‘chargeable person’ for Self-Assessment and must file a Form 11 for that year.
    3. An individual with a PAYE source of income and with net assessable non-PAYE income (including income subject to DIRT) of €3,174 or
    more is regarded as a ‘chargeable person’ for Self-Assessment and must file a Form 11 for that year.
    4. An individual with a PAYE source of income and net assessable non-PAYE income (due to losses, capital allowances and other reliefs) is
    less than €3,174 and the income is coded against PAYE tax credits or fully taxed at source, is not regarded as a ‘chargeable person’.

A person filing a Form 12 is not a chargeable person for self-assessment purposes, and isn't within the pay and file rules that apply to the chargeable persons.

So there's no question of interest on underpayments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

My accountant filed my tax returns today on ROS and supplied my bank account details for Revenue to withdraw the money.

Does anyone know when the money will disappear from my account?....do they process it straight away?

Thnx

Could be today; could be tomorrow; it might be next week.

I've seen all those things happen, but there's no forecasting when. Just make sure the money is there, because Revenue get miffed if it isn't and the payment bounces!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Since the sepa was brought in earlier this year, it's so hard to predict when the payment will come out of the bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It takes around 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Money is still in the account...if they dont take it quickly, Ill spend it on Christmas presents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Griffinx wrote: »
    Money is still in the account...if they dont take it quickly, Ill spend it on Christmas presents :)

Mine went out today. Pretty much bang on 7 days.

Advertisement