Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Promotion Code - Irish Ferries / Stena Line

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Give it time, prices don't increase the closer the dates get like they would on flights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

Finding A788 seems to get just 5% off Dub-Holyhead. Any one got a better one?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Hi, does anyone have any up-to-date promo. codes for Stena Lines or Irish Ferries for November. Ireland to England and back. Thanks :)

You can get 50% off sailings prices if you click on "Short Breaks and Holidays" on Stena Line and have the time to spend one night in a hotel during the stay.

Since a car return can easily be over €350, halving this and adding on the price of a single night can still save around 25% on the price of ferry-only travel. It also allows you to add on Stena Plus for much less than normal.

That's interesting Rock Steady Eddy, I must have a look at that option next time.

In the mean time, Irish Ferries 20% discount link.... but... "Get discount" link doesn't change the price at all for me :confused:

http://irishferriesmail.com/lz/lz.aspx?p1=05566865S918&CC=ZI140829&w=4175&cID=0&cValue=1

valid for the next 7 days on all irish sea sailings between now and January 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

cormie wrote: »
    That's interesting Rock Steady Eddy, I must have a look at that option next time.

In the mean time, Irish Ferries 20% discount link.... but... "Get discount" link doesn't change the price at all for me :confused:

http://irishferriesmail.com/lz/lz.aspx?p1=05566865S918&CC=ZI140829&w=4175&cID=0&cValue=1

valid for the next 7 days on all irish sea sailings between now and January 2015
    wasn't that offer only valid till the 28th of August?

• Advertisement

wasn't that offer only valid till the 28th of August?

Nope :)

8fJNJa.jpg

Nope :)
    Aha, I had a different mail for the France route, deal ending on 28th august for sailings up to 18th of December.

I clicked though on that link and for me it comes up with 20% discount when you get as far as the selection of options page

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Eegorbishcan

Any discount codes for boat and car to holyhead at the minute guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 tinimc

morning everyone, i would appreciate if anyone had any discount codes for brittany ferries, cork - roscoff for next summer, would appreciate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pandg

hi all , anyone anything for irish ferries .im thinking end of october i know it`s close but ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi folks,
    Going to utd game end of January and want to take the ferry Dublin to holyhead
    Got a code on the summer for 30% off.
    Anything similar going around now?
    Cheers
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Irish Ferries

Book by 16th October.

Travel dates : 4th October - 30th January

20% off Motorist fares

code: EOC2014

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

Irish Ferries

Book by 16th October.

Travel dates : 4th October - 30th January

20% off Motorist fares

code: EOC2014

Liars! Email said it was just for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

You can get 50% off sailings prices if you click on "Short Breaks and Holidays" on Stena Line and have the time to spend one night in a hotel during the stay.

Since a car return can easily be over €350, halving this and adding on the price of a single night can still save around 25% on the price of ferry-only travel. It also allows you to add on Stena Plus for much less than normal.

This is an absolutely fantastic tip. I went in August and paid €248 for the ferry plus £50 for a night in a hotel.

Just booked identical ferries for end of this month, including 1 night in a very nice looking hotel and it's only €190 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pandg

thanks for that readytosnap booked with a great saving

You can use this link for 20.14% off Rosslare to Fishguard all year anyway.

http://www.stenaline.ie/ferries-to-britain/special-offers/rosslare-fishguard-europe-refit

Hmm, neither this or A788 seem to be working anymore for Stena.

May already have been posted but Irish Ferries advertising a 10% promo code in today's sunday times

Promo code FRANCEC15
    valid till end of october aparantly.
    Only for ferries to France I gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Any discount codes for belfast guys ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Any Stena Line discount codes for December? Want to go from Cherbourg to Rosslare. By the way, Irish Ferries last sailing this December is on the 18th, wtf?? Just emailed to say we might be caught for time (leaving at 11:30/ 12, 6 hr journey without traffic, ferry sailing at 21:30 but need to be there with pet at 19:30) and they offer no flexibility whatsoever.

• Advertisement

They can't hold a whole ferry just for a few passengers :D

I'd be giving yourself extra time incase of any unexpected delays like punctures etc. You don't want to be rushing to catch a ferry over a 6 hour drive.

They can't hold a whole ferry just for a few passengers :D

I'd be giving yourself extra time incase of any unexpected delays like punctures etc. You don't want to be rushing to catch a ferry over a 6 hour drive.

We would in fact have 10 hrs to get there if they're sailing at 21:30, I was just covering all angles. It's not something I particularly want to do but since that is their last crossing for the whole of December you would think that they would ease up a bit. I even suggested making sure we kept in contact on the day in case of any unforeseen events so if there were any delays, even slight, we would let them know.

Calais - Dover, Hoek van Holland - Harwich, Ijmuiden - Newcastle, Rotterdam - Hull with DFDS, Stena, P and O all offer a little bit of leeway in my experience so I didn't think it was a big ask. If you're on the ship for 14/ 15 hrs anyway, and they have no problem arriving late more often than not I really don't see how it's that big an issue.

If you're talking about arriving at 20:30 instead of 19:30 as they asked, you should be fine, but if you're expecting them to wait until 22:00 before starting their engines and leaving the port, that's a bit cheeky :) Between all the staff at the port and on the ship, all the passengers with onward journeys which some might be under time pressure for etc.

I've been very late arriving at the port a number of times and have been let on only 10/15 minutes before departure time, one time they even had to open gates at the port check in for me which was nice, but I'd never expect them to actually delay the ferry.

Of course I'm not expecting them to delay the ferry, hence my offer to keep in phone contact with them that day in case of delays. We would be there at 21:00 for definite, that's 9 hours to make a 6 hour journey. We may even be able to leave at 11:30, as outlined, so that's a full 10 hours. I was being cautious and I don't see how kennelling a 7 kilo dog is going to delay them so much since they'll be off for at least 2 weeks after that sailing :P

Ah, well in that case you should be fine I reckon. By the way, you could look into Stena Line, they offer free animal accommodation. It worked out a good bit cheaper than Irish Ferries on a Rosslare/Cherbourge route when I was taking 2 customers and their 3 dogs. Irish ferries is usually the best value but it wasn't at that time.

That is now the plan considering the attitude of Irish Ferries. It's not cheaper but when I first looked it was through the comparison websites to see which companies were doing the route. They're a bit rubbish as they don't seem to know when any of them sail or if they take pets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

did ye see any codes guys

Any Stena Line discount codes for December? Want to go from Cherbourg to Rosslare. By the way, Irish Ferries last sailing this December is on the 18th, wtf?? Just emailed to say we might be caught for time (leaving at 11:30/ 12, 6 hr journey without traffic, ferry sailing at 21:30 but need to be there with pet at 19:30) and they offer no flexibility whatsoever.
    You should be grand so long as you avoid Paris and go via the pont de normandie. I've done this ferry for the past 2 years, and again this year, and the roads in France are empty on the whole, your only problem may be the Low Countries but even then if you route via South Belgium it's a wilderness at the best of times too (and roads now repaired over the condition they were a while back. )

You should be grand so long as you avoid Paris and go via the pont de normandie. I've done this ferry for the past 2 years, and again this year, and the roads in France are empty on the whole, your only problem may be the Low Countries but even then if you route via South Belgium it's a wilderness at the best of times too (and roads now repaired over the condition they were a while back. )

Between the last ferry being a week before Christmas and their aversion to customers we would really feel better going with Stena. Actually when we came over with them 7 years ago I recall the ferry being a bit mank aswell, I think the Stena ones are newer.

• Advertisement

Irish Ferries ships have always been nicer when I've compared them to Stena for similar routes including having a better selection of food too.

Advertisement