Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primal Carnage Beta (Dinosaur FPS)

• 20-10-2012 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

So I've been playing the beta for Primal Carnage for the past few days. The basic premise is - You choose humans or dinosaurs. Each side has different classes. Each side feels very balanced, and neither are boring. Different sides seem to vary marginally better with different maps.

Dinosaur side:
    • Raptors (Fast, agile, pouncing attacks, jumps high)
    • Dilophosaurus (Spits blinding gunk in your eyes)
    • T-Rex (Basically, a tank. Can eat humans whole)
    • Carnotaurus (Large, but nowhere near as large as T-Rex. Takes a while to build up speed, but when he does - he's a beast)
    • Pteranodon (Flying reptile... Can swoop in on players, rip them off the ground and pull them into the air).

Human side:
    • Commando (Machine gun, grenade launcher)
    • Scientist (Sniper, and tranquilizer darts)
    • Pathfinder (Shotgun and flares that make it difficult for dinosaurs to see)
    • Trapper (Can throw nets at dinosaurs)
    • Pyromaniac (Flamethrower, chainsaw).

The game is very past paced, and very well put together. Have seen very little bugs. I have to say - I haven't played a game this fun and innovative in a long time.

Screenshot of myself and one of the lads on the prowl.

A5rcpLnCcAAugzW.jpg:large

Game is only €13.99 on pre-order which gives you instant access to the beta. Too me 2 weeks to get accepted for beta prior to that - so it's up to yourself if you want to wait. Best €13.99 I ever spent!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

Colour me interested in this... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

It's really fun :) Here's the beta link if you want to register: http://www.primalcarnage.com/website/beta

Game can be ordered on steam otherwise if you can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not on Mac?

Damn it!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

I think I'll wait for it to come out of beta before I get it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

There is 1 flaw in this game...

cad-20120713-72755.png

• Advertisement

Haha :) The game automatically balances the teams. Both sides have to be equal. I would also add that both sides are really fun! The human side has some great classes. Catching a raptor in a net, and casually sticking a dagger in him is very satisfying!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That looks amazing. How does it run spec wise?

You don't need a beast to run it, but you'd want a fairly modern system with at least 4 gigs of ram and a decent graphics card. I run it on max settings, and I built my PC for €450 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Sigh... it's seeing a game like this that makes living in Australia suck monkey balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

This is exactly what gaming needs! Less feckin' zombies and more dinosaurs!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked it up last night and while the beta is basic with plenty of rough edges, there's a lot of promise there. Love the way you really have to work together as a team on both sides. Using a Pterodactyl to scout out the human positions, a spitter to blind them, and T-Rex to soak the bullets and the raptors to cut them down from the sides is great.

Only played and saw TDM, not sure what other game modes are planned but it'll need more than just that in the final release.

Yeah, I'm sure there will be more maps and game modes. There was also talk of having NPC dinosaurs who are aggressive to both sides. That would be interesting. And yes - you have to absolutely work as a team to win. If you go out in singles, your team is bound to lose. Almost impossible to penetrate a group of a few people on your own.

The beta was updated yesterday actually. I noticed a few changes, including the new raptor skin with feathers :D

Advertisement