Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Software Development (CR 106)

• 26-10-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I sent an email to one of the course directors about this course but I got no reply so I'll just paste my message here.

Hi, I'm going into sixth year next year and I am researching courses.
    I have a few questions about software development, firstly what programming languages do you learn?
    I used codeacademy.com once but never gave it 100% attention, programming didn't seem all that interesting but I might be interested if I gave it more effort.

What are the employment opportunities? (Do companies like Facebook and Google recruit any graduates?)
    What is the average starting wage and what is the highest I could expect to earn?
    Lastly, how would I know if this course is right for me?
    I like technology and the way it works and building websites always seemed interesting but I don't know if I'd enjoy doing it as a career.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

for your own sake, only pick a course that your are genuinely interested in, not one that will maybe lead to a job in google or whatever.

my son is doing this course at present and loving it, because he wanted to do it and is very interested in it. B uthe is sitting beside people who have no aptitude/interest in it.

put a real effort into deciding what you would really want to do with your life.

Advertisement