Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monthly/Weekly Missions

• 21-05-2014 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would start a thread on the missions......

The current mission though is a stretch too far for me... I have tanks from all nations... but with just one from France, China and Japan.... I am nowhere near completing those....

Anyone going to finish this one...

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

China's going well for me. I had the two tier 7s, the T34-1 and the IS-2, that I had ignored for the last year. But being prompted to go back to them with the T26E4 mission, I'm finding them fun instead, so my China mission is the furthest along.

The Japan one is miserable, since it's the Chi-Ri. An awful garbage scow of a tank.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

With out any Japanse tank to start with I'm not even trying; I'll probably complete US and China because I got two grind tanks on both and maybe French but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Its a very silly mission. If you are veteran, then it is possible to do, but for some mortals like me - impossible.

They better have done something like 350k XP, but any nation tanks in total etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

What would have been interesting is if you could have swapped points for nations with friends/clan mates... would have improved the possibility of completing the mission and improved the socialability of the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

think i got US, french, russian and chinese without even really trying.

not owning any chinese tanks means i wasnt actually trying to do it...

british was a problem as well as i dont really play any of them at the moment.

not too bothered, though a superpershing would have been nice for extra credit farming..

• Advertisement

OK.. didnt quite get the Pershing.. Japanese and Chinese lines were the issue... but I did get 8 premium days and 3 free slots this month so not bad..

June missions are here

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/44/missions-June-2014/

quite underwhelming..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

30% off tier 8, 9 and 10 of the IS7 line.... IS7 costs a bit over 4 mil now instead of over 6 mil. Dammit. I just bought T92 and I have had IS7 unlocked for at least 9 months!

BigEejit wrote: »
    30% off tier 8, 9 and 10 of the IS7 line.... IS7 costs a bit over 4 mil now instead of over 6 mil. Dammit. I just bought T92 and I have had IS7 unlocked for at least 9 months!

I just bought my is8... I felt like punching someone when I sow sale thing. No way I'll be able to grind to get is-7 as my is-8 is pretty much stock. To make it worse I am a bit disappointed in it too.
    I might fire it up again as it does get 1.3x credits now too. At least this way it won't cost me to take it for a spin...

have all that line unlocked. was half tempted to buy back the is3 or is8, but just gonna save my creds for my batchat.

the is7 isnt worth the creds imo. though 4 million is tempting :D

copeyhagen wrote: »
    have all that line unlocked. was half tempted to buy back the is3 or is8, but just gonna save my creds for my batchat.

the is7 isnt worth the creds imo. though 4 million is tempting :D

I would say that IS-3 is very strong for its Tier. Very nice tank to bash around, but you need everything you can get to get your ammo rack secured. that bitch getting ammo racked even in its sleep! :pac:
    I need to fully upgrade IS-8 to see if its any good, but might as well go for IS-7 instead off Is-8.

• Advertisement

OK I have an IS... time to see if I can get the research done to get the discount...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I had my is3 quite a long time ago, not very long after the game started getting popular and the match maker made my life a misery. I swear that 90% of my games in it were tier 10 with me near the bottom, back then tier 10 games had lots of Maus's and IS7's so I used to get rofl stomped all the fecking time bouncing shots off the them was really annoying.... I really really hated that fecking IS3 by the time I unlocked the IS4.

And to make it worse I spoke to someone else in the clan and they were consistently in tier 8 games in it, having great times rofl stomping everyone else. Just did my head in.

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/44/special-dday-2014/

D-Day special 3X for the first victory all weekend

some reductions on Tier 4/5 US, UK and german tanks...which I either have or dont want.

But an easy premium day for winning 18 battles... easiest i have ever seen.

Anyone making any progress on the July mission? I am not that pushed about it but it is interesting to see that I am pretty much there with the US, USSR and German kills, midway with French and UK, about 10 Chinese..... but only 3 Japs....

Not sure how anyone could find 30 never mind kill them

VikingG wrote: »
    Anyone making any progress on the July mission? I am not that pushed about it but it is interesting to see that I am pretty much there with the US, USSR and German kills, midway with French and UK, about 10 Chinese..... but only 3 Japs....

Not sure how anyone could find 30 never mind kill them

Reward is so poor that I dont even take it as a mission.

Killing Japs will be a lot of fun, for those who decide to go for it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

How many completed the TOG mission and how many sold it straight away?

I got it myself but haven't played it yet.

yes will sell it ... it is worse than I expected... just a slow behemoth that seems to draw fire from everywhere.... played 3 games... won 2 so leaving with a 66% win rate...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aenaes wrote: »
    How many completed the TOG mission and how many sold it straight away?

I got it myself but haven't played it yet.
    I bought it over a year ago to act as my UK heavy skill training tank (having so many character slots!). It's very slow but the gun is decent; I take it as training for the T95 :P

I got Tog too, but it did not even left hangar yet. I got so pissed off on my last day that I still not back in Wot. It took me 15 games to get last Win.

I did not knew you can actually sell it, do you get credits?

Yeah, you get roughly 600,000 credits I think.

Alot of people seemingly hating it and rage-selling it but it was pretty obvious what it was going to be like. It's supposed to be funny/good in a platoon.

I'll be keeping mine for platoons or for when I start on British heavies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Aenaes wrote: »
    A lot of people seemingly hating it and rage-selling it but it was pretty obvious what it was going to be like. It's supposed to be funny/good in a platoon.

I'll be keeping mine for platoons or for when I start on British heavies.
    Similar here. Got a Churchill 2 days ago, going to retrain the existing TOG crew onto it. (they are at 165% skill)
    Bought it 10-12 months ago on 30-40% discount. Completed the mission today and got myself 3500 Gold easily.

Silly amount of them in random battles over last 2-3 days however.

Jingles describes it as "a fun tank but definitely not a good tank"

Tenger wrote: »
    Bought it 10-12 months ago on 30-40% discount. Completed the mission today and got myself 3500 Gold easily.

Another reason I'm keeping it. It might be a mission reward again in future so winning gold would be preferable.

didnt realise you get gold if you already have the reward tank, thats nice.

will have it tonight, looking forward to the personalised missions in 9.5.. didnt enjoy this 'easy' mission.

tog is so easy to kill, its like a giant brick driving around haha. will probably keep it for a while at least anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The daily mission aspect is irritating as it's not very time flexible. While the daily requirement was minimal enough in this case, there wasn't a lot of leeway if days were missed. The more flexible XP totals used in the T26E4 mission were more friendly to peoples commitments and working hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Polar101

I got 'ace tanker' after the 2nd match with the TOG, I guess I'll keep it. I found the mission pretty easy to do since you only needed 5 wins a day, I could only get about 50% of the SuperPershing mission done despite playing a lot during it. The only way I could have finished SuperPershing was losing my job (which didn't happen).

lol tog is so ****!
    played one game in it, 18kmph top speed, nope, not for me!
    didnt even think it would be worth my while keeping it as a crew trianer, sold it and got my 700k credits instead.

Lots of rewards available this week with 5x XP for the next 6 days.

Not sure about the practicality of getting 75K XP in a day however....

Tenger wrote: »
    Lots of rewards available this week with 5x XP for the next 6 days.

Not sure about the practicality of getting 75K XP in a day however....
    Well the 75k exp included premium, double etc. and was for four days :) Anyway; what I like about the new missions is they'll give you 75k credits a day; combine that with the monthly and last weekend mission there's a lot of credits going around (and as I've got two Tier 9s, four tiers 8 I'll need all the silver I can get!).

The 111XP is not once per day but once per account...... I got the 75XP over the weekend as we had 2 days premium and also the X2 counted...

so if the X5 counts then it should not be too bad over 6 days.... it is limited to Tier VII and above though so that will limit me to 6 tanks but is should be ok.

• Advertisement

VikingG wrote: »
    The 111XP is not once per day but once per account...... I got the 75XP over the weekend as we had 2 days premium and also the X2 counted...

so if the X5 counts then it should not be too bad over 6 days.... it is limited to Tier VII and above though so that will limit me to 6 tanks but is should be ok.

Yup, I just re-read the info....the Tier 7 and above stumps me. Got 2 T7 and a single T8. Counting x5 could help though.

Advertisement