Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castlepalooza Music Festival 2013 - Aug 2nd - 4th

Options
  • 09-02-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

Castlepalooza has been announced for 2013, taking place in Charleville Castle Tullamore August 2nd, 3rd & 4th.

No line-up announced yet but early bird tickets are on sale for €59.

I've never been to it myself but hoping to go this year. I've heard its a good chilled-out small festival, perfect escape from a hectic August bank-holiday weekend. €59 early-bird is hard to beat too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

don't forget that if you like a drink, you can add on the cost of not being able to bring your own, and have to buy "reasonably priced" alcohol from them at €50 for 24 cans (Stoya/Kopparberg/something else), about €30 more than supermarket. so if you usually bring a slab of cans to a festival, it's basically €89 per ticket.

that said, thinking about going this year. will probably wait for the lineups between this and Indiependence, and decide then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

The drink thing never bothered me. At other festivals you can bring booze in, but have to drink it in the campsite or pay €5 a pint if you want to drink "at" the festival. Being able to buy cans and drink them at the main stage is kind of balances out the dearness.

That's just my two cents.

Anyone know who's playing this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Went last year for the first time and well enjoyed, great atmosphere, delish grub, lovely folks and everything despite the atrocious weather. Discovered a lot of great new acts as well as getting to see one of my fave bands live too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭lc180

Has anyone heard any updates on this? Line-up should be announced soon enough I'd imagine.

The drink thing never bothered me. At other festivals you can bring booze in, but have to drink it in the campsite or pay €5 a pint if you want to drink "at" the festival. Being able to buy cans and drink them at the main stage is kind of balances out the dearness.
    didn't realise you can bring them in to the main area with you, definite advantage so. i often waste half the day at other festivals sitting around drinking in the campsite because it's too expensive to be doing that at acts all day with the price of pints from the bars. would much prefer to gather up my lot and have them do their drinking while in watching the smaller bands early in the day.

• Advertisement

lc180 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any updates on this? Line-up should be announced soon enough I'd imagine.
    May apparently....
    http://www.facebook.com/Castlepaloozaofficial/posts/555416874489454?comment_id=6024211&offset=0&total_comments=2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

didn't realise you can bring them in to the main area with you, definite advantage so. i often waste half the day at other festivals sitting around drinking in the campsite because it's too expensive to be doing that at acts all day with the price of pints from the bars. would much prefer to gather up my lot and have them do their drinking while in watching the smaller bands early in the day.

Well that's exactly it. You buy (and obviously drink) the cans within view of the main stage, and 100 yards from the big top.

You definitely can get cheaper beer in Tesco. But I hear their line-up isn't great this year.

The organizers mentioned on Facebook that the lineup will be announced very soon.

They are quite late announcing it, doubt I'll go now as I'm already hitting Forbidden Fruit and Longitude this summer.

Is there any rumours floating around about the possible lineup?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,971 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The organizers mentioned on Facebook that the lineup will be announced very soon.

They are quite late announcing it, doubt I'll go now as I'm already hitting Forbidden Fruit and Longitude this summer.

Is there any rumours floating around about the possible lineup?

Yes very late this year revealing the line up

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

Says on the main website line up announcement 13th May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

Announcement on Monday so I'd imagine early birds will go off sale today or tomorrow!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 Darkwarriorcok

ceephax acid crew is playing anyway!

http://www.phantom.ie/page/190.195/2493/0/Ghostpoet,_ASIWYFA_&_Luke_Vibert_for_Castlepalooza
    The Castlepalooza announcements have begun with Ghostpoet, And So I Watch You From Afar and Luke Vibert all confirmed for the Co. Offaly festival.
    Charleville Castle in Tullamore will again host the eighth edition of the festival on the August Bank Holiday weekend (2nd, 3rd & 4th).

A three-day camping pass will set you back a ridiculously cheap €79, with day passes costing €35. The full line-up announcement will be with us later.

Did Ghostpoet not headline last year also??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Did Ghostpoet not headline last year also??

Did play but not one of the headlines - played the main stage before Charlatans if I remember rightly.

luke vibert and ceephax, nice one :) Good start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Full line up is out. Very impressed with this.

http://www.castlepalooza.com/line-up-2013.html

catch--22 wrote: »
    Full line up is out. Very impressed with this.

http://www.castlepalooza.com/line-up-2013.html

Nice alternative line up, i'll head down, avoid the masses going tot he picnic etc

additions:
    CSS, Tieranniesaur, Overhead The Albatross, Benny Smiles, Tiny Vinyls, Meltybrains?, J Roots, Come On Live Long, Born Cheating, Bentley Riddims, Watsonace and Mr Whippy Soundsystem and Lex Woo.

nYNYZvi.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

This is going to be festival of the year with the additions to an alredy awesome line up :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

Has anyone ever stayed in a b+b near the festival? I know camping is included but I have some health issues that mean a b+b would be better for me!there are some suggestions on the website, has anyone ever done it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

tickets are available for €39.50 through the Metro Herald today.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Hi I'm thinking of going to Castlepalooza this year and was wondering would anyone have any info/ tips on the festival :) Whats the situation with bringing drink in, I'm a bit confused after reading this thread. What time does the music go on until and is there a good mix of music etc Thanks a mil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 janejjjjjjj

coconutpie wrote: »
    tickets are available for €39.50 through the Metro Herald today.

You need the code though it's CPMH2013 available until 7th July or until the limited amount are gone. Has to be the best value festival ticket around. €39.50 would barely pay for just camping at a campsite.

Raging I'm away that weekend or I'd be on it

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

just booked tickets for this really hope its a good weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

is there only the castle campsite this year?

from what i can remember wasn't there a moat one outside the castle grounds??

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

is there only the castle campsite this year?

from what i can remember wasn't there a moat one outside the castle grounds??

Wasn't there two other campsites? Definetely a moat one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

€40 tickets are sold out it seems - back up to €80.

I missed out waiting for payday it seems :(

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Same here, i'll probably still end up going though heard good things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

ahhh stop :(

Advertisement