Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pre marriage course tullamore

• 04-03-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

For anyone out there worrying about their pre marriage course, i'm here to say...don't be. Myself and my h2b just did ours this weekend in Tullamore, and after days of worrying about what we would be in store for, I can now say i'm actually delighted we did it. We did ours through Accord (suggested by our priest). It was held on Friday night from 8-10pm and on Saturday from 10-5pm. Around 15 couples attended and were sat throughout the room, not like school. The talk was given by three different women who themselves had been married 16, 20 and 28 years. They were so nice and easy to listen to. There was no standing up introducing ourselves etc, we were just asked to turn to the couple beside us and introduce ourselves, and talk of our plans for our wedding for 5 mins. Over the course we had to do group work with a few other couples, but at no stage do you have to talk or get up in front of the class. Most of the time, the ladies gave a talk on a subject e.g. communication in marriage, then we had to discuss it further with our partner privately. One priest did appear for about an hour on the Saturday and sat at the back of the class taking it all in...but at no time did he speak to us or preach etc. When we came back from our lunch, he had gone. The course itself was very interesting, it goes through all the aspects of marriage and makes you think about things that never even entered your head. My h2b agrees and it was a lovely experience being able to sit together and talk about our relationship and hopes for our marriage.

Advertisement