Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Windows 7 shared folder not accessible from XP or 2003 but accessible from another w7

• 08-03-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi. I have domain running with windows 2003 DC. Win7 and XP machines on the network all domain members. Shares maintained on server 2003.
    I had a new w7 ultimate machine installed and some shares set up on it. newly setup shares were accessible by w7 or XP clients until I joined w7 to the domain. Once new w7 PC became member of the domain xp machines lost access to shares on w7. error message when you try to connect (or browse w7 PC): You might not have permission to this network resource. my other w7 clients still accessing shares from new w7 PC as before. Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

Easiest way is to set up shared folders on server...should work for you although I have found Server 2003 has issues adding Windows 7 machine properly but setup was different as all folders were on server and accesses by employees from their worksations with noe problems, win 7 included

Advertisement