Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great to see Durrow High Cross being opened up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭medoc

Thats good news. I have relatives burried in the old cemetery at Clonmacnoise and when I go there, there are usually a few tourists walking around. It will be a boost to the local economy and a good addition to tourism in the midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

My concern is for safety on the main road there, the site itself and walk down is well worth it but where are you going to park on the main road to get inside the gates. Also cars coming in from the church side will be in middle of road trying to get across,

The lads doing the gates are enjoying the weather, 3 weeks now spraying them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Steven81 wrote: »
    My concern is for safety on the main road there, the site itself and walk down is well worth it but where are you going to park on the main road to get inside the gates. Also cars coming in from the church side will be in middle of road trying to get across,

The lads doing the gates are enjoying the weather, 3 weeks now spraying them

They were over a week just power hosing them. Some milkin going on the last few years down there.

Anyone know wtf was with the padlock on the gate in recent months?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The news article mentions road works though so hopefully that will help.Anyway, it's great news.I haven't been down there in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Steven81

Opened today, heard about it on net earlier so new but apart from that very low profile about it. Think there should have been more about it on papers, good to see it on the news at 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Opened today, heard about it on net earlier so new but apart from that very low profile about it. Think there should have been more about it on papers, good to see it on the news at 6.

It's good news, terrible shame they only opened it once a year for everyone in Durrow.Was the only time we were ever given access.

Advertisement