Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reggae/Ragga/Dancehall music club in Dublin ?

• 18-12-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi people!

As in the title. I'm not into all this pop/dance music crap. Dublin is full of this kind of clubs but can't find anything that plays reggea/ragga on weekly basis.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭jimmy-jazz

muffinn wrote: »
    Hi people!

As in the title. I'm not into all this pop/dance music crap. Dublin is full of this kind of clubs but can't find anything that plays reggea/ragga on weekly basis.

Every Sunday in The Button Factory is "Dancehall Styles", Each Wednesday I think it is, there's a Reggae night in the club under The Mezz in temple bar. The Turks head is often pretty good for some live reggae. All of these are pretty decent.

I wouldn't be one for self promotion or anything, but there is this every month! http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055762173

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

reggae band called the bionic rats play in the foggy dew at 7pm every sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Worries Outernational Soundsystem every Sunday in the Button Factory is the best Reggae related night in Dublin by miles.

Get yourself down to a Dubstep night if you like your basslines though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭keanooo

'Dancehall Styles' on Sunday in The Button Factory... You won't get any better... It is A1, original...

Opens about 10.30/11pm, but doesn't get going until 12pm. I always like to get there a bit early though... A fiver in. The bouncers are clueless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

There used to be a midweek club downstairs in the Parnell Mooney. I'm talking a few years back so maybe ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

stovelid wrote: »
    There used to be a midweek club downstairs in the Parnell Mooney. I'm talking a few years back so maybe ring.

That's been gone since three weeks after the smoking ban

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DJ OBese

There's a good weekly session every sat night@ Le Cirk on Dame st. Its also run by the worries lads, free in aswell!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭lanyonwhites

Sunday in The Button Factory is "Dancehall Styles" brill

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rez

stovelid wrote: »

This was the old Firehouse Skank session... sadly now long gone it didn't outlast the smoking ban!!

Thanks for everyone's comments on the Sunday's.... we actually do 2 clubs:

Saturday... REGGAE FEVER in 'Le Cirk', free in strictly roots reggae music.

reggaefever-front.jpg
    reggaefever-back.jpg

Sunday.... Dancehall Styles... all the latest bashment things from JA plus classic dancehall and new roots sounds.

buju-tall-425.jpg

This coming Sunday's gonna be real good with BIG TOE HI-FI special guests from Edinburgh over with full crew:

bigtoe_web.jpg

Link us on Facebook for info on what's going on:

http://www.facebook.com/worriesouternational?ref=ts

One Love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Daddy Richie

Checkout

HOT SUNDAZE!!!

BRand nu Dancehall & reggea Nite In dublin @ The Twisted Pepper,middle Abbey St(Nxt to The Academy) . Its Nice A nice early Nite Playing the hottest Dancehall & Reggea music on the planet.

8PM - 12 midnite.FREE ENTRY ALL NITE!!!

stress Free vibes by

BRIANK SOUND | CRAZY D & RAS EDDY

Special guests from Uk & Jamaica every month

hotpic.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OCTOBER 17 RUM & REDBULL PARTY @ HOT SUNDAZE.. FREE MIX cd Download link below

http://www.mediafire.com/?gfkwuf3dgzd

redbullpic.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 amandinels

Riddim Element play ska/reggae type of music and "they are absolutely great if you want to bounce around for a couple of hours. I never leave their gigs without a smile on my face"
    You can chekc their stuff on Facebook: "Rididm Elements" and they play every Wed. from 9-11 in the Mezz in Temple Bar
    ENJOY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WestwayFlyover

Junior Spesh in Twisted Pepper on thursday plays Dancehall, Bashment, Reggae, Soca, Uk Funky, Ska, Jungle, Drum and Bass, Dubstep (real Dubstep) and a load of other stuff too. they've got some sick gigs coming up including The Heatwave from London W/Rubi Dan, and Cooly G from the HyperDub Label!

Advertisement