Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 Subscription to National Geo, Newsweek, World Soccer, Vanity Fair, Top Gear...

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I got an email this afternoon about this from Meath County Council Library Service....

Dear Zinio User
    We are contacting you to let you know about some changes to our Zinio Digital Magazine Service. All public libraries in Ireland are now offering the Zinio Digital Magzine service to their users with the advantage of access a wider range of titles. Currently this new service gives you access to the top 100 library checkouts of 2015. This range of titles will be extended in the future to include a much larger range of titles. The new service is avaliable at https://www.rbdigital.com/lgma/service/zinio/landing Even though you are currently registered with our own Zinio subscription, if you wish to make use of the new service you will need to sign up again at the page mentioned above. If you have any questions or need any help please get in touch with your local branch or you can contact the Zinio for Libraries support team directly at ziniosupport@wfhowes.co.uk. The subscription that you are all currently signed up for will be continuing until the 31st of March so you still have time to access the titles available there and also to download any back issues that you may wish to before the service is discontinued.

thanks for posting this! great to hear this is now available to all libraries...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

presumably we don't have to worry about any of the currently available magazines not being in the top 100 on the new system

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭cuculainn

This is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Also, since January 1st, adult membership in our local library is now free. As far as I know, this applies in all libraries, so it's win win:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Forgive me if I am jumping in without properly looking but I was able to register for the library online using the following link;
    https://lgma.iii.com/selfreg

Once registered, I was able to register with the "temp" library card number to the rbdigital site;
    https://www.rbdigital.com/lgma/service/zinio/landing

As far as I can tell, I am currently browsing and reading the full collection. Currently having a read of Nat Geo Jan 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭wonka

great stuff - thanks. works a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

@d31b0y - thanks, this works perfectly. Have some magazines queued for d/l on my iPad as I type.

Also, I have a quick question if anyone could provide some insight - is it possible to view back issues of magazines on the iOS app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

@d31b0y - thanks, this works perfectly. Have some magazines queued for d/l on my iPad as I type.

Also, I have a quick question if anyone could provide some insight - is it possible to view back issues of magazines on the iOS app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Yeah, you can get back episodes if they are available. You just need to "checkout" the one that you want and it should appear in your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

d31b0y wrote: »
    Forgive me if I am jumping in without properly looking but I was able to register for the library online using the following link;

Once registered, I was able to register with the "temp" library card number to the rbdigital site;

As far as I can tell, I am currently browsing and reading the full collection. Currently having a read of Nat Geo Jan 2016.

Legend :) Works perfectly (and I was just thinking about how much of a pain it'd be to have to go register in my local library and why can't they do this stuff online bla bla...) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

I've been doing this Zinio magazine checkout for ages now. Great service and free in Kilkenny Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Wow!
    In Jack Black Kung Fu Panda voice: "This is AWESOME!!!!"
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭shooter69

d31b0y wrote: »

Fantastic ! Just signed up and there are quite a few titles that would normally cost over €5 each in the shop - great spot d31boy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

@d31b0y Great spot, thanks a lot.
    Also, thanks to OP @bobbysands81

Maybe the thread title should be changed to "FREE Subscription to National Geo, Newsweek, World Soccer, Vanity Fair, Top Gear..."

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I hate to grumble but the music choice is still pretty crap...
    For Knitting fans it's the motherlode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Sport is brutal too.

But thanks for the log-in info. Will have a good look through it later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

sweetie wrote: »
    I hate to grumble
    Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You can,if you scroll down the page when you're checking out a mag you'll see a selection of back issues. You can check any of those out in the same way and you'll be able to have them delivered to your app.

sweetie wrote: »
    I hate to grumble but the music choice is still pretty crap...
    For Knitting fans it's the motherlode.

There's loads of other great titles though to suit a wide variety of interests. New Scientist,Newsweek, The Economist are all there, there's good photography mags too.
    It's definitely not a narrow focus selection or more suited to knitters or people with niche interests.

Is it only Zinio that's available through libraries country wide or have all the digital services like ebooks and audiobook online checkout been extended too?
    Galway library page hasn't a word about this stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Thanks OP, never knew about this! I now have a nice little stash of magazines to keep me amused on my flight next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

One of the better BAs of all time for me.... thanks for the revised instructions!

Edit: still one of the BAs of all time but I had registered an account online by using the previous "method" (i.e. making up a 6 digit account number) to my local library in Pierce Street, Dublin. I was getting less magazines in total but different from the ones you get through this new, more legit method. E.g. Wired Magazine is not present in the new collection but was there with my membership to Pierce street.
    Just an FYI...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

The libraries are now doing ebooks too. Only a 287 book collection but I presume that this will increase. I was also told by the Dundalk library that they would hope there would be a way to order books.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 garrethr

FYI - the number of magazines on this seems to have increased recently - Uncut, Q, New Yorker, GQ amongst others now available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

garrethr wrote: »
    FYI - the number of magazines on this seems to have increased recently - Uncut, Q, New Yorker, GQ amongst others now available.

Just signed up through Dun Laoghaire Rathdown library but don't see any of these titled which is a shame.does the selection depend on the library? Still a great selection all the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

These services down for anyone today?

Or any reason why they won't open on my iPad on chrome or safari?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

podge018 wrote: »
    These services down for anyone today?

Or any reason why they won't open on my iPad on chrome or safari?
    Working fine with Android on my phone.Just downloaded latest edition of Q and World Soccer,excellent service.

Advertisement