Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€15 Subscription to National Geo, Newsweek, World Soccer, Vanity Fair, Top Gear...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any hints as to whether those * represent letters or numbers or both?

numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Ok thank you! I do have a library card by the way, I just have no hope of finding it.

Anyone else find the zinio app is empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,663 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Above not working for me.. tried a few combinations :( Annoyingly I DID actually live in the DLR area until 6 months ago. Still work in the area too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

is this available on android or only ipad?

daheff wrote: »
    is this available on android or only ipad?

Android too, search Zinio for Libraries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

RHJ wrote: »

No sadly not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

joined libary today for 5 euro ..win win ,,app working(its the zinio libary app)

thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Does this work for Dublin City Corpo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Any Louth libraries offer this?Will renew tomorrow if they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

toby2111 wrote: »
    Any Louth libraries offer this?Will renew tomorrow if they do.

Have a look at post #20

Thaks,Louth not on list.So can I access another libraries Zinio selection ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I am getting a lot of PMs about how I created an ID to get in to the South Dublin selection.
    Am I allowed to post here the string that I used, of which you need only change one of the last 6 digits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

I am getting a lot of PMs about how I created an ID to get in to the South Dublin selection.
    Am I allowed to post here the string that I used, of which you need only change one of the last 6 digits?

I created an account from the string template posted earlier...just made up 6 ending digits and got lucky.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I think sharing that kind of information could lead to a huge increase in costs for the local authorities and the scheme ending for everyone, I don't think the system is IP sensitive so you could have potentially millions of people around the world signing up at our expense.

It's really not that difficult to set up an account. For those living in counties that don't support the scheme, get onto them with your friends and tell them to introduce it, if that doesn't work get your Councillors involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meath08

Ok thank you! I do have a library card by the way, I just have no hope of finding it.

Anyone else find the zinio app is empty?

You need to checkout the magazine you are interested in from your account on the zinio website. Then go to the zinio app and sync your account. The magazine should then appear in the app for you to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Meath08

RHJ wrote: »
    I presume there's nothing stopping me from going into one of the Dublin libraries that offer this service and signing up and becoming a member, will they ask for any proof of address?

I'm a member of both Meath and Fingal libraries using my Meath address. It wasn't an issue for my Fingal membership that I don't live in Fingal. You will definitely be asked for proof of your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I live in Dun Laoghaire / Rathdown, and am a member there and also joined in Fingal with no issue so I'd say there'd be no issue

So is the consensus you can change join a library anywhere in the country to access this great offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I finally joined my local up in Cabra (Navan Rd). No Zinio service for Dublin City Libraries but apparently coming.
    I went on Fingal Library site chose eservices->Zinio which then asked me to create account and now I have a good choice of magazines available.
    I also have south Dublin Libraries Zinio collection (much more than Fingal) under the same account.
    Note: I had to create an account from the Zinio/RBDigital links at both sites but used same details so magazine collection when logged into either shows all mags from both groups of libraries.
    Mags won't show with normal Zinio app, you must download Zinio for Libraries app.

I've also signed up for online language courses through Rosetta Stone via the lbrary

Fantastic service :)

• Advertisement

Which library has the best collection of magazines?South Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

South Dublin Libraries - I think 8 pages of magazines! (about 40 or so in total) some are back issues only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown have a decent selection too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

yet nobody has Uncut as far as I can see :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Joined Limerick City Library yesterday, also signed up my son its free so that was great. I enquired about zinio and the lady working there knew about zinio but said it wasn't available in LCL but to ring Myross as it might be available with them. Rang them and its not available with them but the lady there said she would make an enquiry about it. I explained that it was availble in a lot of libraries and it was a shame it wasn't available in Limerick. She agreed and will do her best but it would be 2016 she said at earliest because of budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Seems the rgb digital link from the fingal coco.ie library website is not working anymore!
    Anyone else noticed :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Cork co co isn't downloading new edition of mags for me. Thought it was tech issue but now thinking maybe not....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Logged on this morning and my library have an announcement saying they're extending the amount of magazines.

There's now 100 magazines on this incredible service.

I'm with Kilkenny library, I've no idea if it's just them that have expanded or all libraries.

http://kilkennylibrary.kilkenny.ie/eng/Whats_On/Zinio-Periodicals-Online-now-available.html

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Logged on this morning and my library have an announcement saying they're extending the amount of magazines.

There's now 100 magazines on this incredible service.

I'm with Kilkenny library, I've no idea if it's just them that have expanded or all libraries.

http://kilkennylibrary.kilkenny.ie/eng/Whats_On/Zinio-Periodicals-Online-now-available.html

I got an email this afternoon about this from Meath County Council Library Service....

Dear Zinio User
    We are contacting you to let you know about some changes to our Zinio Digital Magazine Service. All public libraries in Ireland are now offering the Zinio Digital Magzine service to their users with the advantage of access a wider range of titles. Currently this new service gives you access to the top 100 library checkouts of 2015. This range of titles will be extended in the future to include a much larger range of titles. The new service is avaliable at https://www.rbdigital.com/lgma/service/zinio/landing Even though you are currently registered with our own Zinio subscription, if you wish to make use of the new service you will need to sign up again at the page mentioned above. If you have any questions or need any help please get in touch with your local branch or you can contact the Zinio for Libraries support team directly at ziniosupport@wfhowes.co.uk. The subscription that you are all currently signed up for will be continuing until the 31st of March so you still have time to access the titles available there and also to download any back issues that you may wish to before the service is discontinued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

I presume this is the digital subscription. Is there any way to get discounted physical subscriptions through your local library?

Advertisement