Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yoga Tablet 2 10 (WiFi) - platinum silver €159.99

• 22-06-2015 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Yoga Tablet 2 10 (WiFi) - platinum silver €159.99 delivered 32gb free shipping

I tried to get the 8 inch 16gb at Christmas for the same sort of money but they sold out. The 16gb and 32gb are the same price so make sure you pick the right one.

cannot post a link so go to Lenovo dot ie and search for

Yoga Tablet 2 10 (WiFi) - platinum silver

This is showing up as £199 on amazon.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Just to chime in, I got one of these and the battery life in phenomenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I really want to order one, looks very good for the money, but I also know im really skint, and really cant afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

Was about to pull the trigger on one of these to replace my almost 4 year old HP Touchpad but then I checked this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcoVFzdKjY and changed my mind. Looks like it's a flawed device which Lenovo are dumping unsold stock of.

It would still probably make an excellent family tablet for general use or for kids watching movies and playing games on long road trips etc but for me I think I'd prefer to add another €75 or €100 and pick up a Nexus 7 or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Was about to pull the trigger on one of these to replace my almost 4 year old HP Touchpad but then I checked this review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIcoVFzdKjY and changed my mind. Looks like it's a flawed device which Lenovo are dumping unsold stock of.

It would still probably make an excellent family tablet for general use or for kids watching movies and playing games on long road trips etc but for me I think I'd prefer to add another €75 or €100 and pick up a Nexus 7 or similar.

Any recommendations for a 10" tab for family use? That review turned me off the one the op posted.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

Not sure how well I'd trust a review that states the tablet is 28 inches thick. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I really want to order one, looks very good for the money, but I also know im really skint, and really cant afford it.

My life story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Anyone have one of these? What's the general opinion? Good, bad, average? Tempted to get one as the price seems decent....

MAJJ wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a 10" tab for family use? That review turned me off the one the op posted.

Thanks

As I said in my post I think it would be a fine family tablet for general browsing and watching movies/youtube/Netflix etc but I already have a tablet which does that so I'm looking for something more polished, more powerful and probably a smaller screen. I find 10" tablets too big for personal use. My son has a 2nd gen 7" Nexus and I have to say it's the business. I think it's the perfect size for personal use. Plenty big to watch movies and play game on but small enough to be highly portable, it easily fits into a the arse pocket of jeans or inside pocket of a jacket.

I just had a quick look at reviews of this and is getting at least 8 out of 10 on sites and generally very positive reviews. I'm tempted but will wait to see if boardsies think it's a good buy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭pah

We'll I'm jumping on this anyway. It's a bargain all day long people.

The last big BA I bought was a Lenovo Chromebook last November and its been brilliant.

As another poster had said this will be great for family use etc, mostly for the OH as she's sick of me getting packages in the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

I got an 8inch Yoga tablet through Argos as a gift last November.

The size is perfect and the battery life is very strong.

However the sound failed on it within 3 months, and a month ago it went into a chinese boot mode which I was able to get it out of.

I've been on the lookout for a tablet for my mother. In terms of reading off it I'd rather get her a large tablet as she was comfortable with the size of my old iPad2. However getting her an iPad is a gamble if she doesn't use it.

The sound issue is the main reason why I'm reluctant to go for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Am I the only one who dislikes the design?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

For general browsing and streaming, would this or Hudl 2 be better? Both roughly same price as I wouldn't have Tesco club card points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I got my girlfriend one of these for Christmas and it's brilliant, amazing battery life. The little kick stand is fantastic so that you don't have to hold it the whole time. We don't use it for games, mostly browsing and Netflix/youtube but it's worked very well for us (i mean her).

newg300 wrote: »
    For general browsing and streaming, would this or Hudl 2 be better? Both roughly same price as I wouldn't have Tesco club card points.

I'd say for general family useage the Hudl 2 is fine - http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/tesco-hudl-2-1267726/review

Nicer Android interface and nicer form factor with easy to grip edges for little hands. Battery life isn't great but when will you ever be more than 5-6 hours away from a charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pity it's not android, not sure I could with a windows tablet, too many apps missing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Pity it's not android, not sure I could with a windows tablet, too many apps missing.

It is Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

I have the Yoga 8 since before Christmas and I love it. I had a Nexus 10 before that, but as I was heading away for Christmas I wanted a tablet with great battery life and this thing is a beast. I really like the form factor, the screen isn't the best, but plays anything I throw at it.

I've gone for this one, just cause I use the 8 so much for TV shows and movies that I wanted a bigger screen. For day to day use I think it'll be perfect. the only thing I faulted the Yoga 8 for was it got a bit laggy when I was downloading and switching between facebook and chrome and a couple of other apps, but i am a heavy user of tech so I expect it a struggle with all I through at it. The one in the OP has better specs so based on my experience with the other one it should be fine for daily use.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Techmaster wrote: »
    It is Android.

Sorry, WA looking at the wrong one.

I'm getting a e coupon yogatabsave not valid for current shopping cart?

Edit Sorted

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I wonder if there has been any software updates since the review which have addressed the performance issues? The reviewer does state that it seems like it could be easily fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Just cane on looking for a tablet. Main use would be movies Netflix Facebook and forums. Any reason not to get this one?

Think I'll take a plunge and order this when I get home from work. Is there anything better for this price with this spec? Will use it for general browsing,watching films etc. My 2 and a half year old will love getting his grubby hands all over it so hopefully it'll be sturdy enough!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

What is a good case for this ? Something that can handle a bit of rough and tumble with young kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Trancechick

toby2111 wrote: »
    Anyone have one of these? What's the general opinion? Good, bad, average? Tempted to get one as the price seems decent....

I have one, treated myself to it at Christmas. The battery life is phenomenal.I also like the the stand as I mostly use the tablet to stream, I can stand it on my bedside locker instead of having to hold it or prop it up against something. My kids use it for YouTube and games and both prefer it to their own tablets. I'm taking the plunge and buying two as Christmas presents for them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Just ordered - very glad to have stumbled across this thread!

Delighted with the stand which will come in handy big time for propping up next to the desktop screens, streaming on the bedside locker etc.

Which is better- the Yoga tablet or the Hudl 2? I'd like a tablet with hdmi out and USB post if possible. Will the Hudl work here seeing as its only available in UK?I can nip up to Tesco Newry and pick one up if its a better option than the Yoga..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

toby2111 wrote: »
    Which is better- the Yoga tablet or the Hudl 2? I'd like a tablet with hdmi out and USB post if possible. Will the Hudl work here seeing as its only available in UK?I can nip up to Tesco Newry and pick one up if its a better option than the Yoga..

Yes hudl works here. Good tablet only battery life isn't the best but not awful. Has a very nice screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Really tempted. Very decent BA. The justification begins. The Lenovo Chromebook deal at Xmas, i jumped on and was not disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Im going to have to stop visiting this forum.
    Got the 32 GB :D

Advertisement