Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No RTPI signs in Co. Kildare?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Despite some of the longest bus routes, i.e. 67 and 66 and therefore some of the most unpredictable bus times, there seem to be no plans to put RTPI signs in Celbridge, Leixlip or Maynooth.

Celbridge in particular would benefit from a few signs as it's several miles from the terminus of the 67 in Maynooth and a lot more from Merrion Sq. Leixlip would also benefit in a similar fashion for the 66.

I checked the planning section on KCC's website, and there seem to be no related planning applications, but I'm not sure who would have lodged them?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I stumbled across this yesterday, it isn't the clearest, but you can see the planned locations of BE RTPI signs here:

http://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/bus-eireann-rtpi-map.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bg07

A pole was installed at the Londis on Maynooth main street (Dublin direction) and at the old Guinness home on Leixlip main street (Maynooth direction). So RTPI street signs are on the way to Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

bk wrote: »
    I stumbled across this yesterday, it isn't the clearest, but you can see the planned locations of BE RTPI signs here:

http://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/bus-eireann-rtpi-map.pdf

Also: http://www.transportforireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/dublin-bus-RTPI-map.pdf

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sign installed and live on Maynooth main street now.

Would have made more sense to be the sole sign when there were 66's from Kilcock but now that there aren't, signs at the terminal stop for the 66 (and somewhere on the 67 - terminal stop is the terminus so you can see the bus but Celbridge Road would make sense) should have gone in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Yeah, I noticed the pole in Maynooth a while back and thought it was bit of a waste as it's only one stop from the terminus.

No signs live in Leixlip yet.

But then again, I have noticed a dearth of signs in the 'burbs generally, and an over-supply in the city centre. In some cases you can see the sign at the next stop from the stop you're standing at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭etchyed

I read on one of the NTA websites not long ago that the delay in installing displays in the Greater Dublin Area was due to problems with securing a power supply for them. Wish I had a link to give you but I can't find any reference to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Possibly right. Many of the stops with signs have the power from the supply that feeds the bus shelter.

Victor wrote: »
    Possibly right.
    Not possibly right. Right. That's what it said on the website. It's not speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

etchyed wrote: »
    Not possibly right. Right. That's what it said on the website. It's not speculation.

You are equating the nta's statements with the truth.
    The nta said leap card was an integrated ticketing system. it isn't, it's a cash alternative payment scheme.

They have made many more untrue statements, some might even be as good as speculation.

The following is an untrue statement
    on https://www.leapcard.ie/PageSetting/ContentViewer.aspx?Val=Zk1kXuXjSAmKm4PZmr2wZB3Wfgg5muBAOtzUDB2WjQ9aj7n17vcc%2bKCQDK2%2fwDJHmmmBaDgh987lU62F30yF84i4VqUmgFkXDRaEZm3gf3OwoRQIzTCw4yyRPGaW6G3yN4OcqD428vNC8GTLZOXKG%2f3xNGMT7yBERZXOeD6VbF4%3d

It states "Full details available at www.dublinbus.ie" regarding fares and the bit in double quotes is a link. There are no fares available at the url linked

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

For goodness sakes that really takes the biscuit.

All the fare information is on the Dublin Bus website which that link takes you to. Frankly if you go around with the attitude That people are "lying" then there is not much hope for you.

Leap will be an integrated ticket product when later phases are rolled out.

• Advertisement

You are equating the nta's statements with the truth.
    No, I'm not. I was simply pointing out to Victor that the reason I had suggested for the delay was not merely something I had concocted in my head that was "possibly right", but the NTA's stated reason for the delay, meaning that it is probably (and IMO definitely, but apparently you take a more paranoid sceptical view) right. "Possibly right" seemed to deprecate my post to speculation, when it was actually a statement of fact (the fact being that this was what the NTA stated, NOT necessarily that it was 100% true).

It wasn't really as much of a big deal to me as your over-interpretation of it and this long-winded reply would seem to suggest, but I have a terrible problem with not being able to let things lie. Such is life.

Quite apart from all that, the things that you have stated to be lies are either completely subjective or, at worst, minor errors.

Advertisement