Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

freesat

Options
  • 20-04-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

i have a sky dish . .question can i get a freesat box plus( ie)
    pause and record that will work on a sky dish in ireland without getting a new LNB .If so any idea where .And roughly how much
    ANTO:confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭PyeContinental

The answer is yes, but with a proviso.
    The proviso is that if your LNB only has one connection, then when making a recording, your choice of other channels to view will be restricted while the recording is in progress. For full functionality, you need two separate feeds from the LNB to the Freesat box.

As with anything, price varies depending on make and model.
    One of the most well known brands at the more expensive end of the market
    is the Humax Foxsat HDR, the latest model having 500GB of internal storage.

I checked Amazon for you and it is listed there for about €275:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0039J42LM
    It's also listed on Richersounds's ie website (store in Belfast) a little dearer at £250 sterling, although they are often willing to do a deal or give discounts to boards.ie members.
    http://richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=938&Mode=0&CategoryID=6&SUB=101&ProductID=840
    You could try ebay too of course.

Advertisement