Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bomproof VRT avoidance plan?????

• 14-12-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

well folks, just looking for your opinions.
    My friend Tom wants to buy a nice car out of the UK either lexus or bmw, budget around £14000 stg. Vrt on this would be around 6500euro. I live and work in the UK at the moment and have done so, on and off for the past couple of years.
    The plan is,
    • Tom buys the car and puts it in my name
    • i declare it off the road in the uk (SORN it)
    • Tom brings it back to ireland and parks it in a shed for 6mths
    • after the 6mths, i register it as an irish car and avoid vrt
    • Tom can drive it then, but it still remains i my name
    • after a year and a half i put it back in his name, and its in his ownership offically
    Thats the long and short of it, i think its basically playing by the rules, but what do you guys think??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Please read the charter.

No discussion of methods of evading tax are permitted on the Motors forum.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement