Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mac Donagh Station Shopping Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,381 ✭✭✭✭road_high

linny wrote: »
    was down in mac donagh junction yesterday, and seen that the builders are now in doing the H&M shop, looks like 3 units will be made in to one large unit, they have large partition wall build all around where it is going to be, this will be a great addition and a big draw from neighbouring counties for the centre when it opens, shame to see stone house books go but hopefully it will be replaced soon, the court yard bar and grill should be opening soon too,

Yea H&M is a huge coo for them alright. Nearest one is Newbridge, or is there even one there I can't remember.
    At last somewhere decent to eat rather than rip off wraps and the like!

Half the units in that Goods Shed Market have closed down already. They must have been doing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

mfitzy wrote: »
    Half the units in that Goods Shed Market have closed down already. They must have been doing nothing.

Yes the goods shed units have no foot traffic so would always flounder in the doldrums...

They should have made it one or two units, or drop an existing unit in the main mall, make it into another exit point and make a covered walkway from the exit to the Gds/shed to the existing exit..

strange the bookshop was busy for the first time in ages, and they properly sub catagorized some of the shelves just before wrapping up the place..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Yea H&M is a huge coo for them alright. Nearest one is Newbridge, or is there even one there I can't remember.
    At last somewhere decent to eat rather than rip off wraps and the like!

clothes taste better than wraps??:confused:

or are you remarking on the new bar & grill:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

H&M are advertising jobs already, for the kilkenny store on its web site, anyone know when it will open

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BoatBuddy

Eason?
    Was told last weekend, by a member of staff, that Stonehouse books didnt want to move from Mc Donagh however their lease was not being renewed. It seems the management are putting in Easons instead. Stonehouse books is hoping to relocate somewhere else in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

H&M are advertising jobs already, for the kilkenny store on its web site, anyone know when it will open

The initial interview with the centre manager said September I think?

BoatBuddy wrote: »
    Was told last weekend, by a member of staff, that Stonehouse books didnt want to move from Mc Donagh however their lease was not being renewed. It seems the management are putting in Easons instead. Stonehouse books is hoping to relocate somewhere else in town.

Sounds about right. They want the big name in. I thought Stonehouse were doing a reasonable trade and even won some award.

Heard the KCLR news at lunch and they mentioned Eason opening a new franchise in KK? I'm guessing it's headed for Macdonagh J?

hopefully so junction needs book store, and stone house books are reopening on keiran street in few weeks time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

well it all sounds very exciting, lets hope we can afford to park there, eason's is long overdue, and despite the antaganistic staff of dunnes it is really not that bad for prices, h & M BRILL MOVE, some of the food shops mentioned do not inspire but you get what you pay for, not wanting to start another thread anyone know of people losin g purses come bags at a hotel in john street, especially at wedding functions etc, know of two any advance regards and see you in the station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

That's cool, hopefully it wont be too expensive! Easons can be a rip off! I'm really excited about H&M though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Cool :) Thanks for the link :)

Anyone know where you can apply for jobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Anybody got any info about the apartments at Mcdonagh Junction?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭patrickc

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Anybody got any info about the apartments at Mcdonagh Junction?

not sure if your looking to rent one or what? but I believe Ella Dunphy auctioners has the majority of them to rent.

According to the KK People Easons haven't confirmed where they're locating but it surely must be MacDonagh Junction.

was talking to friend that works in mac donagh, she was saying that h&m is opening on 20th of oct, forgot to ask her about easons if it is opening in shopping centre or not,

was talking to friend that works in mac donagh, she was saying that h&m is opening on 20th of oct, forgot to ask her about easons if it is opening in shopping centre or not,

Thought they said Sept opening. Thye have been at it a good while now, I'm expecting a superstore so :P
    Yea, Easons, no word of them since going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Thought they said Sept opening. Thye have been at it a good while now, I'm expecting a superstore so :P
    Yea, Easons, no word of them since going anywhere.

Was in McDonagh yesterday (Sunday) and there were guys working in H&M. Most of the window coverings were down, they seemed to be finishing up tiling but all in all the place looked very close to being ready. Any further update on official opening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

thanks Rayc for info, must admit haven't been to the place for many weeks, as you might know use Clonmel, object to the charge for parking and Dunnes store in Davis Road is brilliant compared to either of the Kilkenny ones, guess I will have to have a look at H &M, pity no news on Eason's, though it will probably have a knock on effect with the Book Centre, the Market Cross is looking tatty for shops now the other mall has had it, guess we are moving the town centre to Mc Donagh, thanks and any more news will pass it on, what about Tesco for Kilkenny or has someone in the council got connections elsewhere, have a nice day Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Heard Easons haven't signed contract yet so looking dubious.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭nhg

On the subject of parking, I was in Dundrum Town Centre on Sunday, there for 3 hours only €2.00 to park - no wonder there were queues to get in there.

nhg wrote: »
    On the subject of parking, I was in Dundrum Town Centre on Sunday, there for 3 hours only €2.00 to park - no wonder there were queues to get in there.

Just highlights what a rip-off Macd Junction parking is. 3 hours for almost the price of 1 hour there. They haven't a clue. The car park actively discourages me from going there and I'm sure other people are the same. I went in there at 5.45pm one Friday evening and was charged for a FULL hour. Never again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Just highlights what a rip-off Macd Junction parking is. 3 hours for almost the price of 1 hour there. They haven't a clue. The car park actively discourages me from going there and I'm sure other people are the same. I went in there at 5.45pm one Friday evening and was charged for a FULL hour. Never again!!

Dundrum is a good example, but they only need look 20 minutes up the road to Carlow. I live equidistant* apart from Carlow and Kilkenny, and 9 times out of 10 I will go to Carlow. If Mcdonagh junction had any sense they would at least trial 1 or 2 hours free parking.

*THANK YOU word a day calender.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

A lot of pay and displays around town have the first 15 min free now.
    Does anyone know how this works,does the machine give out a 15 minute display ticket for free or do you have to pay for an hour and get a 25% deduction?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭nhg

U just park without a ticket and then have to go back after 15mins to put on a ticket as far as I know.

Only of any use if you are running in to pick up something that is ready for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

femur61 wrote: »
    Heard Easons haven't signed contract yet so looking dubious.

Really? That's poor form. Stonehouse wasn't the perfect shop by any means but at least if you wanted to get a newspaper or magazine or some stationery, it was somewhere you could get in and out of in two minutes. Dunnes is a nightmare if you just want to get a handful of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

yep..i am fed up with dunnes....3 checkout staff and massive queues at all of the checkouts. Then if you want a bag its 75 cent minimum. its the same in town and in macdonagh.Am goin to tescos in carlow from now on on way home from work. Free parking, checkouts that have staff and plastic bags if you want them. have tried to be loyal to dunnes cos their irish but they dont give a crap about me queing all night so good luck to them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

mick kk wrote: »
    yep..i am fed up with dunnes....3 checkout staff and massive queues at all of the checkouts. Then if you want a bag its 75 cent minimum. its the same in town and in macdonagh.Am goin to tescos in carlow from now on on way home from work. Free parking, checkouts that have staff and plastic bags if you want them. have tried to be loyal to dunnes cos they're irish but they don't give a crap about me queuing all night so good luck to them.

You're so right about that. It's like they're trying to make shopping in there as unpleasant an experience as possible.

Advertisement