Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Alarm - Low Battery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mark 2378

my airetch c350 keeps draing the battery.iv replaced with 3battery and 24hrs later its drained.and ideas lads whats up

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Could be the rectifier is gone.
    Will the system power up on mains only?
    If so can you check if there is voltage on the battery cables with the battery disconnected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mark 2378

yes it will power with mains only and wen i put new battery in.the system goes back to normal.but after 24hous the battery is draind again.im thinking maybe just to get a new panel..

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Kohhal

Does anyone have the CS350 manual? the UK panels site doesn't seem to be working too well and I can't download it...

Fair play on all the help in this thread, a credit to all those contributing!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sent you that. If you need any help give us a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 melvinp

I have been reading this forum and it has been very helpful for my situation, but I just wish to clarify 1 or 2 things.

My alarm battery died completely over xmas and I have bought a new one and connected it. The alarm is working fully and can be set with no problems, but the number panel is reading 'Bad EEPROM' constantly.

Am I correct is my understanding that there is a blown fuse? Do I need to let system die completely again by disconnecting battery and mains to reset?

Many thanks for any help.

It is not a fuse. It may simply have got a bad power up. Try,as you said, powering it down completely, leave for a minute, and power back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Andy Cam

I have read the previous thread and found it very useful and informative. I have a similar problem where the low battery indicator came on the keypad. A couple of days later the alarm started to chirp on the outside box. I changed the battery as per the instructions in previous posts. Unfortunately the amber battery indicator light is still on and the alarm is still chirping however at a lesser level than before.
    I would be grateful for any advice
    Thanks

Do you hav a multi meter to check the battery charge voltage on the battery leads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,612 ✭✭✭✭altor

Andy Cam wrote: »
    I have read the previous thread and found it very useful and informative. I have a similar problem where the low battery indicator came on the keypad. A couple of days later the alarm started to chirp on the outside box. I changed the battery as per the instructions in previous posts. Unfortunately the amber battery indicator light is still on and the alarm is still chirping however at a lesser level than before.
    I would be grateful for any advice
    Thanks

Could be the battery fuse either.
    F1 is the battery fuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Lasse1976

Hi guys

I really need your advice!

We bought an apartment which had a CS250 aritech alarm installated. It has been flashing red for some time saying something about a battery issue. I suppuse the battery needs to be changed.

Two questions:

1) How do I open the box to get access to the battery?. I can only see a small screw at the buttom. The box seems to have a front part and a back part. Are they connected with some kind of click mechanism?.

2) Is the procedure to change the battery the same as mentioned below?.

I will greatly appreciate your reply :)

To Replace Aritech CS350 Battery
    • Turn off the mains power from the fuseboard.
    • Remove the lid of the main control panel by removing the 2 screws located at the left & right hand side.
    • Disconnect the 2 leads from the battery.
    • Connect the leads to the new battery observing to polarity. Red > Red (+) Black to Black or Blue (-)
    • Replace the lid & screw closed.
    • Reapply the mains power at the fuse board.

You open the main control panel not the key pad.
    Procedure is much the same. There is only one screw on the metal panel of the CS250.
    Its st the top. Open that and the lid opens out from the top.

Hi again

Thank you for the fast reply :-),,appreciate it!

When I looked this morning i could only see a very small screw at the buttom on the left side.

I could not see a screw at the top or any other places to open the alarm. Would have liked to add a picture, since I am still not sure how to open it.

Is what you called the "main control panel" the front and back part of the alarm?. Sorry for this stupid question, i am just not sure what the difference is between the key pad part and the main control panel.

Once again, thank you for your help!!

The control panel is a separate box. It is in a hotpress or utility room probably.

ahaaa, thank you :-), I have never seen the box but will look around

Thank you :-)

If its the metal box it will be square , a little smaller than a standard fuse board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

KoolKid wrote: »
    The fuses are located in the main control panel.
    It looks like this.
    130953.jpg

The diagram below shows the fuse, their locations & their ratings.

130954.jpg

You will need to remove the fuses 1 by 1 and check which one is blown.
    Replace with one of the same rating.
    If it blows a new fuse we will need to look deeper.

I'm getting an intermittent mains failure on the keypad display. I opened the panel and checked the fuses and all are fine. Wiggled some of the wires to check if anything was loose and when I checked the keypad, the mains fault was gone. However it keeps happening and I can't figure out what the problem is or if its a dodgy wire or connection which it seems to be. I have a multimeter but all the connections from the transformer are inaccessible as they are hidden or in a plastic connector. Anyone got any suggestions on what to do?

bazwaldo wrote: »
    I'm getting an intermittent mains failure on the keypad display. I opened the panel and checked the fuses and all are fine. Wiggled some of the wires to check if anything was loose and when I checked the keypad, the mains fault was gone. However it keeps happening and I can't figure out what the problem is or if its a dodgy wire or connection which it seems to be. I have a multimeter but all the connections from the transformer are inaccessible as they are hidden or in a plastic connector. Anyone got any suggestions on what to do?

The mains failure could just be in the log. Have you had many power outages lately?

If it keeps happening & your getting the keypad beeping at you then its not just the log.
    The fact that you moved some cables about and it stopped for a bit would indicate a loose connection. It could also possibly be a dry joint where the pins are on the PCB. The best way to check the power supply is to strip the cables back a bit and meter them out from that point. After that its take the PCB off and meter out the power from the joints at the back of the board.
    Also disconnect the battery while your checking any connections. The power dropping off would then be instantly noticeable as the external bell should ring & the keypad will power down instantly.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. Strange that it happened though as the press where the panel is, hasn't been opened in a few months. Disconnecting the battery is a good idea as its not easy knowing its fixed or broken when the battery kicks in and the beep is likely not immediate.

Thanks for that. Strange that it happened though as the press where the panel is, hasn't been opened in a few months. Disconnecting the battery is a good idea as its not easy knowing its fixed or broken when the battery kicks in and the beep is likely not immediate.

Be careful if you are wriggling around with the cables live just in case one pops out of its holder. Where the fuse is located for the mains in the control panel have you made sure this is pushed in all the way?

Thanks for that. Strange that it happened though as the press where the panel is, hasn't been opened in a few months.
    Some problems just happen without any human intervention. It could be a faulty component , a connection or a dry joint that has developed over time.
    If your confident around PCB boards and around mains I would take off the PCB and meter out where the AC pins are soldered to the board. If its a dry joint there its easily resoldered.

Going by the picture in the post I quoted above, F0 is a lighted fuse and is still lite when there is a mains failure reported by the keypad panel. I don't know if F1-4 affect both mains or battery and if they affect both then they are definitely all positioned fine as then it would be just the mains that would be intermittent.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Some problems just happen without any human intervention. It could be a faulty component , a connection or a dry joint that has developed over time.
    If your confident around PCB boards and around mains I would take off the PCB and meter out where the AC pins are soldered to the board. If its a dry joint there its easily resoldered.

Hopefully so and its not a transformer gone faulty or similar.

Going by the picture in the post I quoted above, F0 is a lighted fuse and is still lite when there is a mains failure reported by the keypad panel. I don't know if F1-4 affect both mains or battery and if they affect both then they are definitely all positioned fine as then it would be just the mains that would be intermittent.

I take it your talking about a fused spur. There could also be a loose connection in there going to the control panel. I would advise turning off the mains before going at tightening any mains cable terminals in the control panel and spur.

In the control panel itself where the mains is wired into the terminals there is also a fuse holder containing a fuse. Just to make sure this is pushed in all the way too.

Hopefully so and its not a transformer gone faulty or similar.

Hopefully.
    A transformer is a very easy fix as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 murphd20

altor wrote: »
    Hi Raphfrk.

If you tried defaulting the alarm using the JP1 and that did not work then the alarm is engineer locked. You could ring the company and ask for the code. If they do have to come out you could get them to enter a code that suits you.

Sorry to bump thread but I have a query on my Airtech CS350 alarm. I do not have a engineering code.
    1. If I pull the JP1, will the system need to be programmed again?
    2. Is there a procedure to follow to pull the JP1i.e. power down, wait, pull JP1, Power up, replace JP1?
    3. In some of the posts people refer to a chip that needs to be replaced if the alarm is engineered locked. What is this chip & where is it located on the attached picture?
    Cheers

If the system defaults it will need to be programmed again.
    Power down completely, remove JP1, power up with JP1 removed. If the panel defaults you will be prompted to select language.
    You can replace the link any time after it defaults.
    Hard to point it out on the images there.
    It's an 8 legged memory chip near the centre of the PCB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BrenCooney

Sorry for bumping this, but where would I get the chip, if still available, as I have one which is engineer locked and I would like it get it going again.

Advertisement