Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Manuals / Request a manual

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Toby250 wrote: »
    It was fault 92,i switched it off at the fuse box and back on again its fine now again but battery is flashing up on lcd ill order a new battery and get it fitted see will it stay going for an other few years.

That is an eeprom error. Down powering and powering back up if it brings it back on line you should be all good. The low battery needs to be replaced as soon as tho. This is more than likely what is pulling the system down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 philbur

Hi, I would also very much appreciate a copy of the engineers user manual for the HKC 70 intruder alarm. Also is there such a thing as a default engineer access code?

Many thanks in advance.

Phil:)

Thanks for the manual KoolKid that was real quick. It was the Quantum 70 that I was looking for. I have an immediate issue in that the alarm is calling my mobile every 10 minutes or so with a voice message to tell me that there is a low battery. The log shows that the hall IR sensor battery is low. I send the "0" confirmation back but the messages just keep on coming. How to I stop the messages.

Also I am curious as to how the alarm connects to my land-line, there is no cable from the alarm to the phone socket?

Regards

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably best to change the PiR battery anyway. (For a couple of reasons)
    Can you see the phone line wired into the panel?

Thanks for the feedback. I do plan to change the battery but how do I stop the phone messages in the mean time. Also now the panel shows a "red" alarm and beeps every thirty minutes or so with a voice message about the battery. How do I stop this alarm until I can change the battery? It's driving me crazy.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the feedback. I do plan to change the battery but how do I stop the phone messages in the mean time. Also now the panel shows a "red" alarm and beeps every thirty minutes or so with a voice message about the battery. How do I stop this alarm until I can change the battery? It's driving me crazy.

PS: I think I recall that the phone connection runs inside the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 4 furry87

New here cold I get the engineer/installers manual for hkc quantum 70.

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sent you that. Hope it helps.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 furry87

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

philbur wrote: »

Putting in your code will take the system out of alarm.
    When the alarm rings your phone, follow the instruction in the message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hey Koolkid

would you have the Aritech CS350 engineers manual? And possible engineer access code?

Thanks

PMed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 luketyrrell

Hi Koolkid,

Any chance I could get a copy of the engineers manual for the HKC Quantum 70 please ?

Hi Koolkid,

Any chance I could get a copy of the engineers manual for the HKC Quantum 70 please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dinny48

Hi all
    just back from UK and bought a house in Dublin which has a HKC Quantum installed.
    Would be obliged if someone could tell me where I could get a copy of installation manual as I want to install additional sensors. I see that HKC have an app related to the Quantum. Has anyone used this? And if so what is your experience of it..

Love this forum and some great topics on here.
    Dinny

Hi Dinny
    I have sent you that manual by PM. HKC have an app for their panels which like any other gives you remote control of the panel as well as alarm event notifications. Unfortunately the HKC app is the only one where you have to pay for the app and pay an annual charge to use it.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi Dinny
    I have sent you that manual by PM. HKC have an app for their panels which like any other gives you remote control of the panel as well as alarm event notifications. Unfortunately the HKC app is the only one where you have to pay for the app and pay an annual charge to use it.

Can you forward into me ?

PMed you that manual.

PMed you that manual.

Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LastWord

altor wrote: »
    That is no problem, sent by P.M.

Hi would it be possible to get a copy of the engineer manual as well please!

• Advertisement

I sent you that. Hope it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 declanmul

Hi all,

Anyone know how I can find out what the model number of my HKC secure watch alarm. Its not in the control manual or the box which holds the alarm. I know the engineers code and was wondering does anynody know what subsection it is under?

Thanks in advance

The older ones are either a 6/10 or 8/12 the easy way is too look at the number of zones on the panel.
    I sent you the manual as well. Hopefully that will help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

The older ones are either a 6/10 or 8/12 the easy way is too look at the number of zones on the panel.
    I sent you the manual as well. Hopefully that will help you.

Any chance you could PM me the same. I'm sure it's an 8/12

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Seamusm89

Hi, I've got a scopetronic that's about 20 years old, and is making a humming noise only recently. I lifted the panel off and took out the fuse and the humming stopped. I've a newish battery in it from about 2 years ago. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Have you disconnected your battery to determine if the noise stops?

It is either the transformer is under pressure to produce more power or maybe it is on the way out.

Try the battery first, then the 12 volt output, then perhaps the bell box hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Seamusm89

Thanks. Is there any manual to show how to swap out those bits, other than the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Damhok

Hi,

Would anyone have an engineers manual for an astec 63 alarm.

Many thanks in advance.

I PMed you that manual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Damhok

Thanks KoolKid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement