Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aritech CS350 Alarm - Low Battery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Ok just out of curiosity try this, put in your code while that alarm is switched off.

This will either start arming the alarm or will show 'Arm menu' on the display. If it says the latter then hopefully we will get you to the necessary command to change the time and date. If not then an engineer will have to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HUIBIN

kub wrote: »
    Ok just out of curiosity try this, put in your code while that alarm is switched off.

This will either start arming the alarm or will show 'Arm menu' on the display. If it says the latter then hopefully we will get you to the necessary command to change the time and date. If not then an engineer will have to do it.

I see, thanks, I will have a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fincon

Hi Guys,

I have read pretty much everything in this thread. My problem is that the low Battery signal was there for awhile. The alarm was set and went off at 3,30 am ( always a good time to impress the neighbours) and wouldn't turn off when I entered the code. The alarm did turn off 20 mins later. It went off again later that morning and the only way to turn it off was to cut the power to the alarm. I have tried to replace the battery, however, the alarm wont turn off. I tried to input an engineers code suggested earlier in the thread and the control panel read code accepted and then said unable to disarm system. I have had to disconnect the battery and the power to the alarm to stop the bell from ringing. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Fincon wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have read pretty much everything in this thread. My problem is that the low Battery signal was there for awhile. The alarm was set and went off at 3,30 am ( always a good time to impress the neighbours) and wouldn't turn off when I entered the code. The alarm did turn off 20 mins later. It went off again later that morning and the only way to turn it off was to cut the power to the alarm. I have tried to replace the battery, however, the alarm wont turn off. I tried to input an engineers code suggested earlier in the thread and the control panel read code accepted and then said unable to disarm system. I have had to disconnect the battery and the power to the alarm to stop the bell from ringing. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sounds like an issue with the BHO and return as when you power the system back up it should turn off when you enter the code. Any resistors in the control panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fincon

Yes there are some spare resistors there alright. I thought that as the alarm was disconnected without being unset that this is causing the problem and the alarm is still set when powered bacp up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 netdudeuk

Hi

I have a CS350 that I installed a long time ago.

I have replaced the battery a couple of times with no issues but I did it again today and although everything looked ok initially and the Low Battery warning disappeared, the alarm sounded after about an hour and the keypad did not illuminate or respond to key presses.

I disconnected the new battery and reconnected the old one and someone was able to reset the alarm with the keypad. I don't know when the keypad started working again as I was nowhere near it when the code was entered.

The Low Battery warning is showing again but everything else seems ok again.

Any idea what's been happening here please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ninkynonk1

Like lots of posters I have a low battery message coming up on my keypad. I know that I need to get a 12v 7.2Ah battery, but just wonder what the dimensions are as I am trying to get one from an electrical wholesaler online - the dimensions of the one he has are 151x65x100 - will this fit? I know the obvious thing to go is to take out the old one first, but I am trying to save time by ordering online. Thanks.

ninkynonk1 wrote: »
    Like lots of posters I have a low battery message coming up on my keypad. I know that I need to get a 12v 7.2Ah battery, but just wonder what the dimensions are as I am trying to get one from an electrical wholesaler online - the dimensions of the one he has are 151x65x100 - will this fit? I know the obvious thing to go is to take out the old one first, but I am trying to save time by ordering online. Thanks.

This is the battery you need.

GTO-RB500-Battery-12Volt-7amp-Hr-Gate-Opener-Batteries.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

So I changed the battery in our CS350 this morning. All went ok, but I did notice that when I removed the cover I got a visual indicator on the keypad with an red led lighting next to the 'bell symbol'. However the external/internal bell did not sound which I thought would happen with a cover tamper activation. There was nothing on the lcd display either. When I enter the alarm code after replacing the battery and cover I noted there was a 'cabinet tamper' in the log display. Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Seq uence

Normally the internal bell should sound on a tamper alarm.
    Check that the internal internal bell is not connected with the external bell terminals.

• Advertisement

Seq uence wrote: »
    Normally the internal bell should sound on a tamper alarm.
    Check that the internal internal bell is not connected with the external bell terminals.
    Thanks for that.

Had a look at the control box wiring. It looks like terminal connectors 4,5(ext bell),6,7(int bell),16,17(bell tamper/bell hold-off?) are coming from the same six core cable which I presume is going to the external bell box.

How should internal bell be wired? What does an internal bell look like?

I also would have thought the buzzer in the keypad could act as the internal bell.

degsie wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Had a look at the control box wiring. It looks like terminal connectors 4,5(ext bell),6,7(int bell),16,17(bell tamper/bell hold-off?) are coming from the same six core cable which I presume is going to the external bell box.

How should internal bell be wired? What does an internal bell look like?

I also would have thought the buzzer in the keypad could act as the internal bell.

The old way on these systems was to wire the internal and strobe in the same connections in the control panel. If you full set the alarm and activate it do you hear any ringing inside or just outside?

altor wrote: »
    The old way on these systems was to wire the internal and strobe in the same connections in the control panel. If you full set the alarm and activate it do you hear any ringing inside or just outside?

Only the external alarm box sounds when an activation is triggered.

Only the external alarm box sounds when an activation is triggered.

If that is the case then you don't have an internal fitted.
    You can pick one up in the suppliers and fit it easily yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭IrishBazza

Someone may help here. I have an unresponsive keypad, with no lights etc on my Aritech CS350 house alarm. I have changed the battery, and also changed all four fuses. The alarm goes off inside and outside l when I power up with the battery, but still nothing coming from the keypad, to switch the alarm off with the code.

Any advise welcome to resolve the problem, before having to call someone out.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Check all the keypad connections. After that try taking the keypad and wiring it directly into the panel on a short length of cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

Just changed the battery on my Aritech CS450 (thanks for all your tips).

I've also downloaded the user manual and am following the instructions to change the Date and time.
    - Press 0 + User Code + 43 + √
    - Type New Date 120796
    - Press √

However when I do this the system goes into Arm Mode and actives the alarm. I never get to change the date. I've tried this several times and have also tried to stagger the timing of the input keys. Any suggestions or help gratefully accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

deeno1975 wrote: »
    Just changed the battery on my Aritech CS450 (thanks for all your tips).

I've also downloaded the user manual and am following the instructions to change the Date and time.
    - Press 0 + User Code + 43 + √
    - Type New Date 120796
    - Press √

However when I do this the system goes into Arm Mode and actives the alarm. I never get to change the date. I've tried this several times and have also tried to stagger the timing of the input keys. Any suggestions or help gratefully accepted.

What happens when you just put your code into it, does it just arm?
    If so then I am sorry to say that when originally programmed your code was not given the ability to as such manage the system.

kub wrote: »
    What happens when you just put your code into it, does it just arm?
    If so then I am sorry to say that when originally programmed your code was not given the ability to as such manage the system.

Correct, when I put the code in it arms. I don't get an opportunity to get to the admin of the system.

Some background, I bought the house and this alarm was already installed so I don't know who installed it or what the admin code could be. Who would have the admin code and will they allow me access to it? Thanks.

deeno1975 wrote: »
    Correct, when I put the code in it arms. I don't get an opportunity to get to the admin of the system.

Some background, I bought the house and this alarm was already installed so I don't know who installed it or what the admin code could be. Who would have the admin code and will they allow me access to it? Thanks.

You could try the default of 01278 for the engineering code.

• Advertisement

Cheers, will try that and report back.

No luck i'm afraid, didn't work.

What are my options now to get the "Administrator" code? Are these codes held centrally somewhere and do the owner of the Alarm have rights to be able to administrate the alarm? Would be a bit much to get an engineer out to change the date.

There is a method to default the controller back to defaults, but by doing this you would need to reconfigure the alarm options (zones, timers etc) etc as the original settings will be lost. If you are considering doing this I'd suggest you request the installation guide first and have a good read through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

There is a method to default the controller back to defaults, but by doing this you would need to reconfigure the alarm options (zones, timers etc) etc as the original settings will be lost. If you are considering doing this I'd suggest you request the installation guide first and have a good read through.

Can this be flashed back to factory settings using a serial connection from a pc?

I ask because I've an old one in my house but don't have any codes/zones etc for it. It's also got a dead battery

corglass wrote: »
    Can this be flashed back to factory settings using a serial connection from a pc?

I ask because I've an old one in my house but don't have any codes/zones etc for it. It's also got a dead battery

A reset just involves removing the controller panel cover, remove battery and power down.Remove jumper link 'LK1' and power up. The controller will now be reset to default and user code is 01122, eng code 01278. You would need to replace the jumper afterwards. You could practice on your old unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭corglass

A reset just involves removing the controller panel cover, remove battery and power down.Remove jumper link 'LK1' and power up. The controller will now be reset to default and user code is 01122, eng code 01278. You would need to replace the jumper afterwards. You could practice on your old unit.

Thanks for the very direct and helpful reply. Nice one

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

In many cases the panel will be engineer locked to prevent resetting the panel so easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Crimsonred

Quick question regarding changing the battery of the SC350 alarm, if I am changing the battery myself do I have to turn off the mains power to the alarm before doing so? To put it another way, if I attempt to change the battery without turning off the mains power do I risk electrocution?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Crimsonred

Quick question regarding changing the battery of the CS350 alarm, if I am changing the battery myself do I have to turn off the mains power to the alarm before doing so? To put it another way, if I attempt to change the battery without turning off the mains power do I risk electrocution?

• Advertisement

Crimsonred wrote: »
    Quick question regarding changing the battery of the CS350 alarm, if I am changing the battery myself do I have to turn off the mains power to the alarm before doing so? To put it another way, if I attempt to change the battery without turning off the mains power do I risk electrocution?

If you are not comfortable dealing with a live unit then turning the mains off would be advisable.

Advertisement