Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ford Focus 2007 1.4 LX Model

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Bigus wrote: »
    1.4 engine seems less trouble some when it comes to major failure too.

The frequency of major engine failure is less frequent in the petrol 1.4 litre vs the 1.6 ltr,ford focus supplied in the Irish market, according to ME .

These are two very different statements.
    Ok to be specific so you can get a grasp .

I can easily grasp things when someone explains clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Question: Has the Ghia model been discontinued now? I dont see many past 06/07 on the roads, what order does the range go from, starting with the LX at the bottom?

for the 06 was it:

LX
    Zetec
    Ghia
    Titanium
    ST??
    RS??

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Question: Has the Ghia model been discontinued now? I dont see many past 06/07 on the roads, what order does the range go from, starting with the LX at the bottom?

for the 06 was it:

LX
    Zetec
    Ghia
    Titanium
    ST??
    RS??

The Range you posted is spot on,only the The Ghia & Titanium got the 115 bhp 1.6 petrol,the lx & Zetec only got 100 bhp engines.

Taking fro Wikipedia - In the British market, however, the practice of using the Ghia name in such a capacity was finally phased out in 2010. The 'Titanium' name has instead replaced Ghia as the flagship trim level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

I would also say avoid a 1.4...way too underpowered (80bhp).

I recently purchased a 2008 1.6 Ghia hatch..decent power (115bhp), high spec (aircon, 4 x electric windows, parking sensors, heated windscreen, auto lights, auto wipers, etc etc) and good fuel economy (full tank = 674km, same as my old Astra 1.4 (90bhp).

If you really must go for a 1.4..I'd suggest an Opel Astra.
    I've owned a 2003 Astra since 2005 - and my gf had a 2008 Astra GTC until recently -
    both are great cars - very 'solid' on the road, handle very well, decent mpg and parts are cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

1.4 engine seems less trouble some when it comes to major failure too.

Where did you hear / read about the 1.6 Focus having major engine failures more often than 1.4 models?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Bigus

Ask any independent mechanic .

Advertisement