Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any Heavy/Death Metal Guitarists in Galway looking to do acoustic covers

• 15-03-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I know, it's a weird one. I'm looking for other guitarists who'd be interested in doing acoustic covers of Death Metal stuff (or any metal really).

Basically, a about a year ago I had to sell my BC Rich Warlock and my bass to pay my bills and rent so I'm down to a crappy little classical to keep my inner guitarist happy till I can buy a right guitar again. So I've been just been learning the acoustic/fingerstyle parts of some Opeth, Sepultura, Dark Tranquility etc.

I was thinking an acoustic setup would be pretty easy to manage (logistically). No lugging around amps and no need for a drummer. Just 3-4 guitarist doing acoustic covers of stuff that isn't originally acoustic. This isn't anything serious either. Mainly just a bit of fun. If you're looking to gig then this probably isn't the thing for you. However, if you're a guitarist with an acoustic who's into metal (any and all metal) and you like the sound of this then leave a comment or a PM.

For examples of check out:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=susST5RaFBE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxlHRbi1wT4

The kinda stuff I can play would be:

From Opeth:
    Benighted, Dirge for November (acoustic parts), first few minnutes of Blackwater Park, some of Credence, some of To Bid You Farewell, and other bits and pieces from various songs and bands.
    Also know (knew) the bass lines to A Fair Judgement, Domination by Pantera and Phantom of the Opera by Iron Maiden. However, it's been about over a year since I sold my bass so... probably wouldn't remember much of those.

I'm 27 by the way. Hope that covers everything.

Advertisement