Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone heard of this before ?

• 28-01-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

I have a BMW 316, bought new in early 2007, I left it in for it's first service back in October, but now this week the service indicator is coming on red every time i start the car. So I phoned up the garage yesterday and they tell me that as it's 2 years old now the indicator means that the Brake Fluid needs changing. (€120.00 + vat)

I have to say i've never heard of anything like it before,.....Is this just another way for dealers to get some extra cash out of you ?

Thoughts anyone !

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

That is correct, on my BMW a little clock symbol illuminated, every two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

BMWs ask for their servicing piecemeal, rather than all at the same time. Pain in the t1ts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭rx8

Anan1 wrote: »
    BMWs ask for their servicing piecemeal, rather than all at the same time. Pain in the t1ts.

Just checked through the trip computer and it seems that it's going to need some kind of filter changing in March... So does this mean a new warning light every few months then? Why can't they do all the work at the same time rather than 3 or 4 times in a short period!
    Bloody annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

rx8 wrote: »
    Just checked through the trip computer and it seems that it's going to need some kind of filter changing in March... So does this mean a new warning light every few months then? Why can't they do all the work at the same time rather than 3 or 4 times in a short period!
    Bloody annoying!

That would be the microfilter. Get them done at the same time or better yet, google it and do it yourself, plenty of guides out there and apparently it's very easy (I stress apparently!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

yeah friend of mine has 320 d .

same thing.

i know with other cars there is a sequnce of buttons you can press when you turn the key in the ignition to reset service intervals.

now dont kill me for saying this but would you not want a bmw stamp sayiong that they did it. especially that the car is still round 2 years old to retain FBMWSH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭maidhc

Martron wrote: »
    now dont kill me for saying this but would you not want a bmw stamp sayiong that they did it. especially that the car is still round 2 years old to retain FBMWSH

Why? it is worth nothing anyway (I'm being somewhat serious)

Seems complete overkill to do the brake fluid every two years on a 316i.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

maidhc wrote: »
    Why? it is worth nothing anyway (I'm being somewhat serious)

Thats why i said dont kill me. but you have a point.

do it yourself

Advertisement