Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CAR/CARAVAN STORAGE ££££ ???????????

• 06-12-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

hey folks, heres the story,

i have a fine big shed on my farm, formally a potato storage building. 4inch thick foam insulation on walls and roof (inside), electric roller door, well lit, concrete floor, very secure, 2mins from a big town in the south of the country.
    i could probably park mabey 10-14 cars/caravans comfortably leaving room for access.
    im wondering is there a market for car self storage out there. im sure there are many car enthusiasts out there who don't have a proper place to store their pride and joy and god knows the climate here doesn't favor leaving older/cherished cars out.
    im sure there are proper self storage companies out there who aren't afraid to charge but im thinking more one the budget end of things.

i dont want to have to spend money on the shed if i can help it and i dont want to have to devote much of my time to it and that would reflect in the charge.

Just to throw a figure out there, would 20-40 euro/week/car be acceptable/affordable to people???
    any thoughts, ideas, advice or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Insurance issues taken care of?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

advertise and your shed shall be filled in no time at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There's a thread on this in the classic car section on this site. Have a look there and maybe link them to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭draycottgirlz

location location location???

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ruxpin82

down in south tipperary. i have a tennant who operates a kind of a garage business out of it but id be surprised if he lasted another year, so im weighing up my options, if he went.

• Advertisement
Advertisement