Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Honey-ec wrote: »
    My parents paid for my wedding reception. We had completely planned to pay for everything ourselves but they offered and I was happy to accept. We had the exact same wedding we would have had had we been paying for it ourselves, but I really appreciated it.

In other news, no word since from date guy. Two weeks of almost constant texting and then he just decides to ignore me. They really are from Mars.
    Ah but you had intended to pay for it yourself rather than going to mammy and daddy and asking them to pay because you couldn't afford it or didn't want to.

Your parents offered which was very kind of them, but if they hadn't offered, you would have paid yourself (presumably).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

In other news, no word since from date guy. Two weeks of almost constant texting and then he just decides to ignore me. They really are from Mars.

Happens to me all the time! I'm giving up on thinking about it.

:D Productive morning (relatively speaking), felt pretty for the first time in ages thanks to a new top and necklace and went to work with a smile on my face (for the first time in ages) and my sunglasses on.

• Administrators Posts: 53,275 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

krudler wrote: »
    that wrecks my head, last time I went on a date I got the same, got on grand, had a good night and then nada, like if someone isnt interested is it really that hard to say it?
    I'm not made of glass and going to become a celibate hermit because one girl isnt interested, it happens, you meet people, sometimes you dont click, move on. But to meet someone just completely ignore them afterwards is infuriating, even a text saying look I just dont think there was a spark and it wouldnt work, fine, least you know!

Exactly! This guy was unbelievably John B. Keane beforehand, so I'm genuinely dying to know what could have happened in two hours in the cinema to put him off so completely - the curiosity is killing me!

Daisies wrote: »
    A girl I went to school with got married last year (26) and even then I was shocked!

I got married at 26. We all know how that turned out... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Exactly! This guy was unbelievably John B. Keane beforehand, so I'm genuinely dying to know what could have happened in two hours in the cinema to put him off so completely - the curiosity is killing me!

Did you do the whole "cough and stick arm around date" thing? :D

Kiera wrote: »
    Did you do the whole "cough and stick arm around date" thing? :D

No. Maybe that was my mistake, ha ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My dad said he'll pay for our wedding.

BUT this is because:

a) He thinks we won't get married, and we have a child, so he is desperate! :P

b) We have said that IF we ever get married, it will be a civil ceremony with just our immediate family and a meal afterwards...so it won't cost him a fortune!

What makes me happy today: Ok sorry to be a baby bore but since yesterday, my little man has started to smile at me when I talk to him (he was a month old yesterday!). Best feeling ever! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I got married at 26. We all know how that turned out... :rolleyes:

Spent yesterday night reading your cooking blog and as a result went to sleep dreaming of food. Just thoughht you should know!

Daisies wrote: »
    Spent yesterday night reading your cooking blog and as a result went to sleep dreaming of food. Just thoughht you should know!

Aw, fanks! Must get the finger out and take it up again, now that I'm no longer bursting into tears at the drop of a hat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

All our work computers are down, browsing boards mobile it is then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Am I the only person who has had school friends getting married for years?? One girl in my class got married the year after school, has 3 kids now. People were engaged in 6th year (only one got married to the guys they were engaged to then and she got divorced at 23), lots married around 24ish, and a ton more are getting married now. Although where I'm from it's only impressive to get married if the guy you're marrying is actually the father of your child...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Acoshla wrote: »
    Am I the only person who has had school friends getting married for years?? One girl in my class got married the year after school, has 3 kids now. People were engaged in 6th year (only one got married to the guys they were engaged to then and she got divorced at 23), lots married around 24ish, and a ton more are getting married now. Although where I'm from it's only impressive to get married if the guy you're marrying is actually the father of your child...

i know two people from school (so they are 2 years older than me) and they are not married
    from what i hear the ones i lost contact with are also not married

even college friends who have been together years are not marrying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    She's 19!!

I had my first baby at 19 to be exact 19, 2 months and 18 days, (met my now hubby when i was 17) im almost 32. Young love can survive :).

My brother got married at 22 his wife was 20, they have been married 16 years and they were going out for 2 years before they married and it was a long distance relationship she lived in the uk, he lived over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Would it be wrong to have a snickers for breakfast? I'm gonna say.... no :D

Need the chocolatey energy to fuel a day of clothes shopping ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Both my sisters were engaged at 21 and married by the time they were 23. Always seemed crazy to me that they got married so young. I've been with my OH since I was 19 but I still feel like I've gotten to be a stupid reckless 20something year old :)

I've one friend who got married when she was 22, she'd been with the guy 3 years and got engaged stortly after she moved down the country to live near him. They had very christian beliefs so didn't live together or have sex til after they were married! (i suppose that explains the marrage rush though :p).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It's not so much religious ones in my school that did it, there was and is a very obvious divide in our school/town, you either go to college, move around, etc or you leave school, get a local job and settle down. A lot of us that moved away have gotten a real attitude from the ones that stayed in town, they'd often ask have we any plans to move home, and when we say no in a matter of fact "my life is in X now" kind of way they act like it's a personal insult, that we're saying where we are from isn't good enough for us. There's a general attitude problem/chips on shoulders thing where I'm from anyway.

Although where I'm from it's only impressive to get married if the guy you're marrying is actually the father of your child...

:D

Got married at 28, to the father of my 3 kids :D

We did things backwards, had kids, bought a house then got married.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Snickers is a perfectly balance breakfast option :D Enjoy shopping!

• Advertisement

I fancy a snickers now :(

will have myself whole meal pitta bread instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

I am only 29 but i am one of the last from school to be getting married !!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i can only conclude you all went to strange schools

I have a spuh-litting headache :mad:

Could be something to do with the seven tablespoons of icing I managed to ingest while slicing the cakes for our coffee morning.

The cakes I bought. Yes, BOUGHT!!! I went to Tribeca for wings and bellinis last night instead of baking, so sue me...

I have a spuh-litting headache :mad:

Could be something to do with the seven tablespoons of icing I managed to ingest while slicing the cakes for our coffee morning.

The cakes I bought. Yes, BOUGHT!!! I went to Tribeca for wings and bellinis last night instead of baking, so sue me...

Oh that sounds like sugar withdrawal! ...only solution...more sugar!

bluewolf wrote: »
    i can only conclude you all went to strange schools

Indeed. No-one in my school ever got pregnant while I was there and I was the first by far of my year to get married. Most of them are only starting to get engaged in the last year or so.

Indeed. No-one in my school ever got pregnant while I was there and I was the first by far of my year to get married. Most of them are only starting to get engaged in the last year or so.

One girl in my year (with 150 students) got pregnant in 6th year. I'm 32 and people have really only been starting to get married in the last 4 years really.

awec wrote: »
    I love how you use this to backup a point of how you went to a strange school. :D

I was saying I went to a normal school!

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I love how you use this to backup a point of how you went to a strange school. :D

no, the ones who all got married and pregnant are the strange ones

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement