Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shower drainage problems

• 21-10-2014 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

So the shower keeps getting clogged up. Only got the whole shower room done this time last year and I don't know if its the pipes or the way they laid them, but every 6 to 8 weeks it will get blocked. So every 6 to 8 weeks I'm using Mr muscle and the rest to unblock the drain.

I don't think that much drain cleaner would be good on the pipes! Any long term suggestions to help?

Is it possible the plumbers could have laid the pipes wrong? Or would there be an underlying problem like something big stuck in one of the pipes?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

It could be anything, is it ground or first floor?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

It could be anything, is it ground or first floor?

3 story house on top floor. And whenever we use drain unblocker, its grand for a few weeks then the blocking comes back. That's why I think its the pipes!

Advertisement